Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
twinentry
Newcomer

May 2005
74 celica rear disc conversion Tue, 31 May 2005 06:00 Go to next message
Hi I would like some info if anyone has seen or done a rear disc conversion on a 74 celica's. Also if anyone can quote me on how wide the rear axle is on a ae86. Because if the axle on the ae86 and 74 celica are pretty close in dimension I could probably make it fit.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 06:06]

Send a private message to this user    
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Tue, 31 May 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this has been covered in the tech articles, the disc conversion at least. it involves an rt141 corona rear disc assembly, but some cutting and welding is required to relocate shock mounts on rear axle.

someone whould be able to tell u the track widths, but im sure its been metioned many times before. I dont think it is a direct bolt in axle swap, but if u are handly with a welder/grinder im sure u could.

good luck and keep searchin the forums.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Tue, 31 May 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the use of an ae86 rear would be unfeasible, the disc brake rear ends go for around $500 without the diff center which is an lsd however other diffs will bolt straight in. just go for the corona conversion.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Tue, 31 May 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't bother with an AE86 disc conversion, the discs are so tiny it would barely be any better than the stock drums. For that matter I wouldn't bother upgrading the rear brakes at all unless I was doing regular circuit work - you're better off concentrating on the front brakes.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Tue, 31 May 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want rear discs on my future ta22, simply because of wank factor, also, i guess it would make it easier/cheaper in the long run because disc pads are a sheet load* easier/cheaper to replace.

* may be a slight exaggeration

Eldar.O.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Thu, 02 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if your worried about cost maybe do the disc conversion when they no longer manufacture rear drum pads. until then throw the money into some serious front wheel stopping power. rear brakes are pretty much useless anyhow.

if u dont want people do see the drums either buy some of those fake plastic disc brake insert thingys or get some really shiny chrome rims Laughing

.leigh
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: 74 celica rear disc conversion Fri, 03 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous message
The Corona conversion is a good cheap easy mod to do, however you need a diff housing from a TA, RA23 as the 22 housing is smaller.
I'd be upgrading front and rear at the same time, not one or the other.

sxr01r, have you ever tried driving a car quickly without rear brakes? No offence but thats a pretty silly statement.

Geoff
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Driving lights on Corona MKII?
Next Topic:Name these pistions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:46:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046889781951904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.