Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
heart stopping moments Wed, 25 May 2005 23:09 Go to next message
Well share yours something stupid that you did that while you waited for it too happen you didn't breath.
I'll start with last new years eve my sisters boyfriend bought over the last of his fireworks he had. Anyway he had these bungers that were mini grenades, we were lobbing em round the street and had a dumpers bin out the front so we tossed one in there, loud and so much smoke cos of the dust in it, anyway for my last one i thought i'd lob it in the bin except i over shot the bin and it landed smack bang underneath my sisters car. I tell you that was the longest 5 seconds of my life, eventually it went off and no damage was done but my sister wasn't quite so happy.
They were pretty damn good bungers too so it was lucky it didn't do anything.
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: heart stopping moments Wed, 25 May 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last few seconds before being hit by a car that was estimated (by the police accident investigation) to be doing approx 70km/h. It all happened in slow motion and I knew it was going to hurt Mad

The incident seemed like slow motion and I can remember every little detail from the second before the impact where I knew nothing could be done to slumping on the side of the road with lots of blood coming out of everywhere Confused

There are many other heart stopping incidents, but that one I always remember first.

NB. The driver of the car was 100% at fault and copped some big old fines.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah we were doing smething very similar at rainbow beach letting fire crackers off. We pulled up beside our friends car and let off this rocket under his car while he was in it I was against this, we all shit our pants when it went off it came straight up between the two cars and exploded above us. It seemed like forever for it to go off. Also they were throwing them into tents while drunk people slept I.E me fark all I herd was this hissing sound so I took cover under my sleeping bag that was a long wait my ears rang for hours. But don't worry I got my own back I blew his esky up full of his food the next night what a mess Very Happy .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty bad, i remember my small accident last year, and same thing i remember every second of it. One other thing i remember very vividly is when roller skating when i was 8, my sister had just been teaching me how to do turns, hmm.

I was doing well and then tried one, well my leg spun (the bottom part of it anyway) but my body didn't follow. Spiral fracture of the tibia, kinda like the old school maccas slippery dips all the way down the bottom bone in my left leg.

Worse than that was the drive to the hospital and every corner we went around i could feel the bone grating against itself. Good way to get 6 weeks off school though, plastered from toe to top of the hip very heavy and at that stage i was skinny unlike now and the fuggin stupid physio set the crutches too high so i couldn't use them properly and there was actually a risk of the dislocating my shoulder thankfully that didn't happen.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One I remember as clear as if it happened only yesterday.
about 30yrs ago when I was in the Army we were having grenade practice,one of the guys pulled the pin on his grenade then due to nerves dropped it at our feet,20 guys scrambling for the exit of the bunker seemed to take for ever.
over the years there has been many heart stopping moments, but this would take to long to put them all here.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates and i had gone camping in nsw one time..
anyway we were walking along the beach to the local fishing whole ans as we walked we hit golf balls to see how hard and far we could hit em..
we didnt notice but one fella (who was carying a bag to bring back fish in) got in front of the rest... (can see whats goin to happen) as one of the guys was in back swing i noticed the guy in front and yelled out for him to move but it was too late. the ball moved in what seemed like slow motion after being belted and was going for his head.
i couldnt watch and turned away (chringed) only to hear a "pong" noise? the ball had lost some momentom and instead of the head had hit him in the back...
the good part of the story is that the guy that had been hit had forgot to bring a glass camping and to drink out of he was useing a pineapple tin wich he was carrying in his bag.. it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen and the tin was so bent up.

i later got hit by a golf ball
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ lol.

couple of years ago, i was riding moto's down at we jasper, and we were going down a hill, not that steep, and it had drop offs every 100m or so, so i was hammering down this hill jumping off these drop offs and i hit this one at full clicks...only to see a 90 degree corner, and straight ahead was a massive cliff face, going down like 400m, and i was in the air just floating toward this cliff and i hit the ground, chucked the bike sideways and hit full gas,finally the bike stopped going toward the cliff an i stopped like 30 cm away from the edge, and i was absolutely shitting myself.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
living life on the edge literally hey.
When i was younger used to go to family holidays to urunga (30 mins south of coffs) anyway, there is a fishing spot where there is a little beach at the mouth of the river and its down about a 20m rockwall. I was climbing on the rocks and slip bounced off a couple falling maybe 5m then landed on a larger flat rock. Had a grazed knee and that was all could of been much worse.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh not really heart stopping moments but i have been clocked in the head by a cricket ball on like three occasions. Once when walking off the field ppl were throwing one around randomly pegging it mind you we had know idea and was clocked in the side of the head on the full.
The best though was when playing cricket for school fielding on the boundary, there was a seniors game next to us one of the players hit a six it bounced once and smack straight into my head, i had no idea it was coming cos i was focusing on the game i was playing and not the other, no one yelled out to warn me either. I can't believe i am as smart as i am considering the amount of times i have copped knocks to the head.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I slipped on sum bushwalk in ipstich or ingam i can't remember and i slid on my stomach all the way untill my head was just over the edge (5m drop) and the pattern on the side of my shoe caught a rock and stopped me not a second too soon.
I felt my heart stop i swear.

I've seen ppl get hit with crickert balls it loks like slow mo but i just can't seem to make my outh work to scream out of sheer fear for the person involed.

I'm sure we have had those moments in cars when we were sure we were going to die.
I've had it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah had plenty of moments in the car some my fault some just the cars lack of grip in the wet, not gonna die but could of been nasty, one of the worst things i have seen when driving was a truck turned out of a servo in front of another one, i am following the truck that had to pull up, i pull up fine but the truck locks up and slides and only just stops before the other one. Hmmm you guys are thinking thats no too bad, except the truck that locked up was a petrol tanker and the other one had gas cylinders in the back of it and at a point like that your mind just thinks the worst is gonna happen.
I mean if it went boom me being about 2m away i don't think i would have stood a chance.
Other than that i have had morons marginally miss me as they fail to give way on a round about
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most heart stopping moment for me was a pretty big accident (i wasn't driving) where the driver was speeding and hit an oil spill on the road ... from the time we started slipping on the oil till we had flipped and rolled into some paddock felt like forever scary shit Eye Spin
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my heart stopped for a moment when I went to dream world.

The scariest ride was the caffetiria.

When the women told me the chips, + hot dog,+ coke was like ~15.00, I almost shat my pants.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 13:27

my heart stopped for a moment when I went to dream world.

The scariest ride was the caffetiria.

When the women told me the chips, + hot dog,+ coke was like ~15.00, I almost shat my pants.

rofl Laughing thats like any motorsport, chips tree fitty, coke tree fitty hotdogs tree fitty, beer less than tree fitty go figure, beer is chepaer than coke at bathurst hmmm they aren't encouraging you to drink at all are they Very Happy
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last week,
loosing control of my car and hitting a gutter, only cms away from a pole.

lets just say my balls had packed up and left for the night.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after a cruise a while ago i had a bit of a moment in my car.

it was a long cruise so this was at about 1am or so, but i was driving along this bendy road on the way home (not gonna say which Razz ) fairly quick, but not overly. it was summer so the road was dry, but as i came around a bend i saw that the sprinkers that were spraying the verge had also watered the road. i wasnt expecting this. anyway, i see it and decide to put the brakes on before i reach the water, just in case. however, i was a bit late, i put the brakes on but as soon as i reached the water, all 4 wheels locked up. i was still going fairly quick here, so when the wheels locked up the car went completely sideways (approx 80 degrees). thats when it felt like my heart stopped. i was going sideways heading towards a block kerb and some trees still at a decent speed. i was sure that i was going to crash. then i hit a huge puddle on the side of the road which shook the car and ended up straightening me out (with some help from countersteer Razz).

so it was a fair save that time, i was sure i was going to bin it. phirom (beserker99) was behind me, watching all this, so he can vouch for me Very Happy

drift is fun, but not when you dont expect it
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunday Night, coming home from dropping a mate off, was about 70metres from my house, and went round a corner, seeing there was plenty of cars parked on the side of the road, i slowed down abit, next thing i see is a dog running out in front of me. Locked up the brakes, but it was too late, felt the car hit it. Embarassed Crying or Very Sad

I stopped straight away and got out. The dog was fine!!! Couldn't believe it!.. But getting out of the car to see, was definately very painful, seemed to take ages too.

Anyone who has ever hit someone or something, will know the feeling. Sad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
went into work to see my boss about hours... it was the first time it had rained in ages.

leaving the shopping centre, i turn left onto the main road, hit 60, traffic lights are green, so i keep the same speed, lights change to amber, i hit the brakes.

they lock up, i start pumping the brakes in hope of somehow washing the speed off.

doesnt work, i go through the lights, somehow hook left, shift down to second and feather the clutch on, and i ended up, from full brake lock, to sliding sideways,

i booted it and got the fuck out of there.

my heart stopped but im lucky my head went into overdrive.

Eldar.O.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Many years ago when changing the oil filter the filter dropped onto the live terminal of the starter. There was a loud bang and a sizzling sound and smoke and fire started coming out of the engine bay. I thought the car was gonna go up in flames. I closed my eyes, grabbed a big pair of pliers and ripped the +ve clamp off the battery and saved the car.

My dad was watching it all happen and he did nothing, but when the ordeal was over he shook his head and said "You fucking dickhead!" then went back to his billy and homebrew and cracked jokes about it for months.

seeyuzz
river

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coming back from a surf, had to climb up a kinda cliff thing, anyway, about a third of the way up (about 20-30 metres), i slipped on a SLIGHTLY muddy patch (didnt look muddy at all, looked pretty solid), and almost went over the edge. the edge was on my right, same as my board, so i was falling over my board trying to stop myself, and ended staring over the edge (lots of rocks down there, basically).

also, one night coming home from a night out, with two mates in the car, took a corner too quick (in an ae82 corolla=understeer Rolling Eyes ) and managed to control it so no sliding, but still found myself trying to stop while bouncing around in a (shallow and wide) ditch. anyway, we finally stopped, and found i had a blownout front left tyre (right hand corner). that wasnt exactly heart stopping, but it was freakin scary! Shocked

cant remember any others right now Razz
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
comming back from a motorbike ride i was riding on the road. I was in 5th gear power band and was approaching a crest so i tapped the brakes thinking there may be a car coming over it. but i tapped them a bit to hard and before i realised i was kinda drifting towards a parked car. After jumping of my bike I was sliding along the road (with only a helmet and gloves for safety)keeping up with my friend who was riding next to me. it seemed to go for hours but when I went back my skid mark was only like 15 metres. Sad i was sure it would of been longer
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrod_POWA wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 15:42

hey,
comming back from a motorbike ride i was riding on the road. I was in 5th gear power band and was approaching a crest so i tapped the brakes thinking there may be a car coming over it. but i tapped them a bit to hard and before i realised i was kinda drifting towards a parked car. After jumping of my bike I was sliding along the road (with only a helmet and gloves for safety)keeping up with my friend who was riding next to me. it seemed to go for hours but when I went back my skid mark was only like 15 metres. Sad i was sure it would of been longer

that sounds painful, really painful.

Eldar.O.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark I have sooo many but will have to try and remember them all,,the two i can remember are as follows..

When I was about 17 I was working as a printers offsider,on a large lithographic printer that uses big rollers to put the print down,,anyways my boss left early and all I had to do was clean the rollers and head off..He made it vey clear not to just put the machine on turtle(slow) and to instead edge them up bit by bit..well being a stupid kid I left the rollers going, while wiping them down the rollers started to pull in the rag and by the time I tried to pull it out they had already grabbed my fingers and was slowly pulling in the rest of me..At full stretch with my leg I managed to hit the emergency stop button where I remained for the next 3 hours untill the next printer started..The point between the rag grabbing and it taking my finger seemed like ages but was probably less than a second Very Happy I lost 2 fingers but not my life Wink Oh and my fingers were sewn back on so no ninja turtle jokes Very Happy

Another time was crossing spit rd,the lights went red and I stepped out on the road when a car ran the red..In the corner of my eye was a new black Jag just starting to really kick into gear as he obviously thought he'd make the lights..The thing waas heading at me probably doing 80 plus and from the spot I saw it to where I was stepping out was about 15m but It was like I had all the time in the world to get out of the way It missed me by the smallest of margins...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had a few...

One day I was driving just a little faster than the state limit in the left hand lane of a 3 lane road.

I'm passing some traffic thats going less than 1/4 the speed I am and a guy in a 4WD towing a box trailer decides to change from the centre lane to the left hand lane straight in front of me.

I swear to god I was definately going to hit him and hit him hard so I decided at that point to swing into a driveway on the left.

As I swing towards the driveway I remember thinking that I'm definately up for a new set of rims and a new front bar.
I made it into the driveway without hitting the 4WD dude.
I jumped out of the car pumped full of adreneline, yelled some obscenities at the 4WD guy then decided to check out my car.

To my absolute amazement my there was not one scratch on the car!
Thank god for ABS brakes!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have nearly died so many times i have actually lost count. lots of things in slow motion. (could be a warning on this)

Quick rundown on some things that have happened in my life.

i was a BMXer and was the first to try a jump. i knew i was a gonna in the air and the handle bars ended up putting a large hole in my shirt and nearly hitting my stomach.

I was trying to do burnouts in my RC car and realized the tires weren't getting hot enough. The answer: light them on fire with metho... To get rid of the left over metho i decided to burn it. (it was sitting and a semi sphere type bucket at the time) the fire got a bit out of hand so i picked it up and threw it at the concrete so it would burn up quicker. momentum got the better of me and coated my hand with the burning metho.

I found a tent peg with some elastic. I was young and could only push the tent peg into the sand pit. walked back to see how far the elastic could stretch. And ended up with 6 stitches in my head just about my right eye.

I was standing on a chair waving a stick around playing "teaches" (i don't do this anymore honest). Fell off the chair stick went into my mouth cracked the hard bit on the roof and when through the soft part of my throat. (doctors say inches from my brain.

Hammered it onto the highway one day and missed the 4WD in my blind spot realised just in time and swerved away which kicked the car into a fishtail (in peak hour traffic mind you), and ended up hitting the gaurd rail doing about 80 with the car still fishtailing so i smashed the front left front and front left rear but the doors were still perfect.

I have had a chest reconstruction in which 7 ribs were broken because they grew in creating what is called a "pigeon hole"

Don't juggle chisels (story sorta explains itself)

I have many scars and things all over and i do agree that most of this stuff is my own fault. Thats about all i can remember at the moment.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had one tonight on the way home from work, I'd just had some pasta and a coffee at a local restaurant as a stand in for lunch, gunned mum's lil A-class off, down the next street, cruising along and a fuckin cat runs out infront of me... having just washed the car recently I jammed on the brakes... i was amazed at how fast the car stopped, nice job mercedes Wink.

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few years ago me and some mates were down in the bush near my house, we had some big bungers that we were letting off, I lit a big one in my hand and the wick burnt ultra-fast and the bunger went off, looked down expecting to see a few fingers missing but my hand was only a bit numb for a while lol, seemed like ages looking down at my fingers too see if they were all good haha.

Had a few close calls when driving, was doing fishies up a road at 2am in the morning, was doing like 70-ish km/h and flicked it out one more time the car went backwards for ages, and out of the corner of my eye I could see the gutter coming, I was a fair way off the gutter when fishtailing but then it just got close real fast lol, I pumped the brakes a few times to try and wash off speed and ripped the handbrake up, it worked a bit and slowed me down, I ended up going up someone's driveway backwards, towards their front fence, into their empty garbage bins and into a small tree, not one bit of damage to the car, I thought I was going to end up in their front yard for sure lol, funny thing is when it happened a couple of years ago I didn't know the people whose house it was, now I'm mates with them haha. Laughing

I learnt my lesson on that one, no matte how wide you think the street is, never do anything near gutters etc.

Had a few other close ones driving a truck, looked to the right into my side mirror to check there were no cars there so switch lanes across to the left, then look back in front and 2 cars a stopped waiting to turn right across oncoming traffic at this median strip thing, it was only like a split-second but felt like ages lol, just swung the truck over to the left, doing like 80km/h mind you, and hoped to hell there was nothing in the lane I swerved into, had happened twice at the same turn, let's just say I do about 60 upto that turn now, and I'm usually one more lane over than what I need to be lol. Would have been messy if I hit the car(s), 12 tonne of truck into a stationary object weighing only a tonne, fucking scary when you think about it that way. Shocked Crying or Very Sad

I remember a good one when I was really young, like 6 years old, and I was getting off a train with my old man and sister, I was holding onto my old man's briefcase when exiting the doors, and then suddenly they closed and the train started moving off from the station and I'm stuck in the doors lol, my dad just yanked the crap out of his briefcase and it pulled me out of the doors, I remember my arm was sore, pretty luck I suppose, my old man went mental at the train guard as the guard's carriage went past, first time I ever saw him get angry like that, was kind of funny though at the time, I suppose being so young didn't really appreciate how serious it was lol.

One more I remember up at The Entrance on the Central Coast, and was in the water about 100m off the wall near the car-park, like in the shallow part of the channel for anyone that remembers what that area used to be like 10+ years ago, me and my old's and my sister were in the water, lik less than waste deep, and the water was real clear, and about 1m from my leg a blue-ringed octopus floats past, again I didn't really realise the seriousness of the situation being pretty young, went past me and then went past my sister, she shit herself and started screaming because she was a few years younger than me, my old man picked both of us up and carried us onto the beach with my old lady not too far behind lol, my old man confirmed it was a blue-ringed octopus, pretty damn lucky when I think back now, have a read of what one of the little fuckers can do to you, scary shit indeed. Surprised
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 21:00

Had one tonight on the way home from work, I'd just had some pasta and a coffee at a local restaurant as a stand in for lunch, gunned mum's lil A-class off, down the next street, cruising along and a fuckin cat runs out infront of me... having just washed the car recently I jammed on the brakes... i was amazed at how fast the car stopped, nice job mercedes Wink.

I garuntee you, if you had of hit it, you would feel 100x worse.

Oh wait, you said cat not dog. J/ks
Very Happy
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 11:47

after a cruise a while ago i had a bit of a moment in my car.

it was a long cruise so this was at about 1am or so, but i was driving along this bendy road on the way home (not gonna say which Razz ) fairly quick, but not overly. it was summer so the road was dry, but as i came around a bend i saw that the sprinkers that were spraying the verge had also watered the road. i wasnt expecting this. anyway, i see it and decide to put the brakes on before i reach the water, just in case. however, i was a bit late, i put the brakes on but as soon as i reached the water, all 4 wheels locked up. i was still going fairly quick here, so when the wheels locked up the car went completely sideways (approx 80 degrees). thats when it felt like my heart stopped. i was going sideways heading towards a block kerb and some trees still at a decent speed. i was sure that i was going to crash. then i hit a huge puddle on the side of the road which shook the car and ended up straightening me out (with some help from countersteer Razz).

so it was a fair save that time, i was sure i was going to bin it. phirom (beserker99) was behind me, watching all this, so he can vouch for me Very Happy

drift is fun, but not when you dont expect it

Yeah that was insane. The whole car was engulfed with a huge spash of water that looked like it just jumped over and made a cacoon around your car. Then you went all sideways and stuff and i was sure u was gonna spin out and hit something. Was some scary shite driving behind you Razz
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a double heart stopping moment Razz

one for me, one for phirom Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 26 May 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 18:55

I have had a chest reconstruction in which 7 ribs were broken because they grew in creating what is called a "pigeon hole"

im curious, should i be seeing a doctor? or was this reconstruction volentary?

personally i dont have a problem with it, i sometimes hit it to a beat n make music etc. (my sternum that is)

im just curious if i should be concerned about it or not?

theres a heart stopping moment Confused

Eldar.O.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was kinda scary but more funny... just because of the situation.

My mate(Niggz), Me and 3 other friends(Snake/Ziggy & Gezza) were in his dads camery.... purely for ruckusing and thrashing the car. anyway we end up outa town on this dirt road (bout 2am) it was full rutted and on each side the grass was about 1m high. Gezza wanted to drive and do some fishys... after much debate Niggz lets him... with pressure from tha rest of us. lol. (it went something like this. Gezza wants to drive, so hes like c'mon man let us do some fishys, Jasons, like nah lad ur crazy.. fuck that.. we are all like , ahh dont be pussy man..let him drive.. and after this went on for a few mins he surcum) lol.

I swear, Gezza was drivin for less than 10 secs, hes ripping the carmry, fishying up tha dirt road... when he loses it.. and we end up where the grass was.... except the grass covered a deep ass ditch that was full of water/mud....6x9's went flying through the air hitting us in the back of the head shit...... man the look on Jasons face man.....ahaha we were laughing so hard..coz we knew the shit he would get into if his dad found out.....anyway it was well and truly stuck and after some lesser attempts a tow truck had to be called to winch it out.... a few panels bent back into shape and a hose off with the firehose at the local shopping center and she was good as new.

Fuck that night was funny...

Oh yeh....his dad found out a few months later....but not the whole story.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 02:41]

opasan
Regular

October 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last December, or could have been late november, there was an accident on the m5, it was all over the news and i was on news (claim to fame), a couple of fatalities... ye i was in the middle of it...(and if i sound cocky or somethin, its just coz that day i was shakin, evn crying lol, and everythin and the copper just goes hey be gratefull you thought quickly)

umm the police investigation lady told me, that if i hadn't gone into the mud ( you know the grassy bit on the m5 between the two directions..)1 sec later i would have been clipped and sent across to the other side of the hiway, and 2 seconds later she said 99% i would have instanly died, as my car would have been squashed into a rubics cube....

i think god was on my side that day, as the day before, the place that i slipped into, there was a big tree... and also i had the presece of mind to look back and see 2 big trucks coming to clean the accident in front of me up, ohh ye it was pouring rain like shit, and no one could stop....ended up being 2-3 trucks, 3 cars, and umm... a ute or 2

accident happened at 4pm i wasn't allowed to leave till 9pm...

and if any here has had to make a emergency call right after something big, u know how hard it is to stay calm and think....

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 01:02

ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 18:55

im curious, should i be seeing a doctor? or was this reconstruction volentary?

personally i dont have a problem with it, i sometimes hit it to a beat n make music etc. (my sternum that is)

im just curious if i should be concerned about it or not?

theres a heart stopping moment Confused

Eldar.O.

It all depends how bad and deep it is. I could lie on by back and fill it with water and put little boats in it. it would have been prob 3+cms deep. If it does get too deep though it will move your organs around which is what was happening to me. If it is only slight though i wouldn't worry about it. mine is still slightly in but i have also lost all feeling in that area since the operation. So its up to you. You can PM me with details of your if your concerned
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can relate to what ke382TG said about things seeming to go in slow motion.
It was years ago when I came off my Harley and was flying through the air. Everything slowed down while i was in flight, that it seemed I had enough time to look around and enjoy the view, and then the sudden realisation that the landing was gonna bring lots of hurt.

Cheers, Greg.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The time i have been most scared for my life was in a mates SW20 MR2, man on a suburban street he was flying no idea of the speed though as the speedo didn't work. Was hitting around 5krpm in 4th gear though going round a street that has parked trucks and cars on it its a giant u shape so one big arc a contant raidus corner, he was on the wrong side of the road most of the time.
Since then i refuse to get in another person car unless i am know what they ae gonna do. It was like it was in slow motion sometimes when you think shit theres know way we are gonna make it round the next bend, fuck theres a car coming the other way.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 13:54

The time i have been most scared for my life was in a mates SW20 MR2, man on a suburban street he was flying no idea of the speed though as the speedo didn't work. Was hitting around 5krpm in 4th gear though going round a street that has parked trucks and cars on it its a giant u shape so one big arc a contant raidus corner, he was on the wrong side of the road most of the time.
Since then i refuse to get in another person car unless i am know what they ae gonna do. It was like it was in slow motion sometimes when you think shit theres know way we are gonna make it round the next bend, fuck theres a car coming the other way.

i hate being a passenger
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 17:16

Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 13:54

i hate being a passenger

seconded.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 17:16

i hate being a passenger

I heartily endorse this event or product
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have only been in two toher p-platers cars other than my own after this incident. I was genuinely afraid for my life, it wasn't just that i wasn't in control he just took way more risks than i was comfortable with, sure i'll speed occasionally but not on the wrong side of the road in a suburban area.
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a few felllas.

Driving on the hwy from bunbury to harvey and it was raining and my mate yells. YOU HAVE TO TURN HERE. so I turned but turned a little to hard. I have a very heavy sub box in the rear, and my car is bad for oversteer. My car when completley sideways (drift lol). my back wheels hit the 90 degree gutter at 50km/h and the car stopped and the engine stalled. me and my mate just thought OH FUCK MY BACKEND! I got out the car had jumped over the 90 degree gutter. skidded ont eh grass and it was 2 meters froma drain. I have herd a similar stories of people doing this and breaking the hole rear end off.

in summary: COROLLAS ARE UNBREAKABLE!

my second story...

setting matchbox cars on fire with my mate in the his dads garage, and the car fell off the bench and landed next to an open tin of petrol and a chainsaw and the can cought on fire and and luckly it didnt have enough petrol on the base to go right to the top of the can. SO it just went POOF and went out.

3rd Story...

I put my new motor in. and me and my electrician are in the car. I go to start it for the first time so im just about to turn the key when he yells BANG!!!!!!!! as loud as he could. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!

4th Story

waiting for a pregnancy test to say FALSE (longest minute of my life)

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oversteer in a fwd corolla? Shocked wow!

Razz
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, if you turn in the rain and stop accelerating around the corner half way. it gets tail happy.
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok. mountain biking with bugger all front tread on a wet day and a steap hill... over the hangers and face first into some mud and down a sortof steepish bit like \ with a bike ontop of me it was rather fun but my face was sore because it wasnt that soft under the mud!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:40]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Fri, 27 May 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what u mean about being a passenger cuz u roughly know your limits but you have no idea about the driver.

I actually landed a motor bike in a tree, I swear when i was coming back down to earth i would have had enough time to jump off but i stayed cuz i wasn't sure if the bike would fall on me or not.
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Sun, 29 May 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 mondays ago me and my feonce sitting in her room looking at the storm when a tornado cam over the house and tore off the roof tiles and a peice of tin fence narrowly missed my car and hit my girlfriends holden PHEW Very Happy It did so much damage. the back fence was gone and so was 600 tiles
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: heart stopping moments Sun, 29 May 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a couple.

We started building dirt jump trails in the bush, we had a steep 2.5 metre roll in and shortly after that was our first jump that was about as high as I stood back in year 11. I was the first person to test the jump and I decided it was pretty big so I would need heaps of speed. I pedaled so fast down the roll in and went up the lip of our jump that was a bit too steep. I wouldve gone about 3 metres straight up in the air before the bike went into a nose dive and I was coming down head first knowing im gonna break my neck. my handlebars hit the back of the lander and it was mad because it put me into a perfect roll/tumble down the lander, i made it look like the smoothest stack ever.

Coming back from a cruise up to Broke in the huntervalley, i was in my old charade turbo. saw was i thought was a short cut on the map but turned out the be the dirt road through st. albans.
was going over the speed limit for most of the cruise so when i thought i had slowed down enough for the dirt road i was actually doing 90-100kmh. car was sliding around corners and i thought it was funny for a while. saw a sharper corner coming up so slowed down a bit more then turned sharp to slide around it, started sliding too much and then the corner got even sharped so jumped on my brakes and locked them up and was sliding towards the edge of the dirt road which had no guard rail. stopped about a metre from the edge of a huge cliff and my friend was looking down the edge of it, neither of us talked the rest of the trip home..
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: heart stopping moments Sun, 29 May 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 22:38

the corner got even sharped so jumped on my brakes and locked them up and was sliding towards the edge of the dirt road which had no guard rail. stopped about a metre from the edge of a huge cliff and my friend was looking down the edge of it, neither of us talked the rest of the trip home..

holy crap...

i bet you think of that every time you drive down a dirt road. Confused
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: heart stopping moments Sun, 29 May 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 22:38

ive got a couple.

stopped about a metre from the edge of a huge cliff and my friend was looking down the edge of it, neither of us talked the rest of the trip home..

Ah crap. I would have peeed in my pants. Whenever I go on a road with no guard rails on a big cliff i get nervous and that is going normally, not sliding towards it.
rb26_n1
Regular

August 2004
Re: heart stopping moments Tue, 31 May 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back home in malaysia i was on my way to see my relatives in the southern end, took a train there instead of flying (kinda wanted to try new things). it was a 2 hour trip. got bored thn took a walk up and down the cars, thn i saw tht the train door was open thought i would have a quick ciggarette b4 returning to my seat. sat by tht open door for 5 minutes wit my goddamn legs sticking out in the open. after tht i didnt feel good thn got a up to go back to my seat. a few seconds after i got up we passed a bridge and the gap in betweem the bridge rails were juz 4 inches thick. coulda lost me legs in a few seconds.

u think of a lot of stupid shit whn ur a kid. Confused
edslaw
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: heart stopping moments Thu, 02 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous message
Mookie wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 02:29

I actually landed a motor bike in a tree, I swear when i was coming back down to earth i would have had enough time to jump off but i stayed cuz i wasn't sure if the bike would fall on me or not.

Shocked Laughing Laughing
That is pretty damn funny!
I drove a motorbike into a pool once! I was about 11, the bikes were on tiny little 40CC mini mofo's. Rolling Eyes

Also watched friend drive into a really thick bamboo like bush. All you could see was this thin outline of the bike and my mate for about 5m into the bush! Laughing He could not move,turn round or anything. We were laughing so much it took us 20 minutes to actually start planning the rescue mission Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How YOU can be a cun* !
Next Topic:afternoon of filming and some carnage....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:45:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01232385635376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.