Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 18 May 2005 09:26 Go to next message
Wisemans Ferry to Terrigal
Date: June 26
Meeting Place: Hills Alliance Church Hall
524 Windsor Rd, Baulkham Hills
meet 9:00 leave 10:00
Brief Directions:
We will be turning left out of the Church onto Windsor Rd, following this to turn right onto Old Windsor Rd, which we will follow until we get to McGrath's hill here we'll turn right onto Pittown Rd which will turn into Wisemans Ferry Rd, we will follow this all the way to the end where we'll come to The Old Northern Rd which we'll turn left onto. This road will take us all the way to Wisemans Ferry. From here we'll catch the ferry across the river, which can take a fair few cars. After we vacate the ferry we'll turn right onto Wisemans ferry Rd which will provide us with some great driving with lot's of twist and turns and country scenery. We'll continue on this road until it turns into the Pacific Hwy following this through to Gosford where it will turn into the Entrance Rd, we'll follow this through to turn right onto Terrigal Dr, which will take us down to Terrigal, where we'll stop for some fish and chips. After a catch up and some chit chat we'll head back the way we came and onto the Pacific Hwy to head home.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 02:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 18 May 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds cool, mmm nice way to celebrate end of my exams with a cruise, i have an exam on the friday so it will be uni holidays then. I think i'd like to come.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i think i might be intersted in this one Very Happy...Ill let u know when it gets closer to the date Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to go to this, but I live basically up the road from the end-point of the cruise!

Might come along but Smile
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
providing i'm not rostered to work i'll be in for sure Very Happy

might head home via the old pacific hwy hehehehe
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 17:34

providing i'm not rostered to work i'll be in for sure Very Happy

might head home via the old pacific hwy hehehehe

thats the plan I've never been down there before so hope u guys can show me!
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be in, I cant make the Avon Dam run, so hopefully i will make it down to this one (mabey even with some nice shiny new bits on the Sproontah). I need to get out there and meet a few of you people.
The road from the ferry onwards is a great road, full of twisties and sweepers. Mabey not as twistie as Old Pac, but better surface most of the time.
And Ill be in to go back via the Old Pac too. Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Proposed Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Fri, 20 May 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be very interested in coming along, if im not working Very Happy

Count me in Very Happy
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 25 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its my sister's birthday but, yeah i'll come. Although it is her 21st, i probably should check the plans for that... i may just be very hungover if its the night before...

I'm also at wakefield on the friday, so as long as the car's still in one piece after that.

It would appear there's a bit working against me, but i'll find a way around them.

GT
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 25 May 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might meet you all at terrigal for the lunch and drive back along the old pac with you guys.... That way I get to attend the cruise, but dont have to spend a whole heap of fuel just getting to the start of it Smile

It's a win win situation!
GOTLOOKZ
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 26 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey do u mind if i come along cause i dont no any one yet
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 26 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes that fine dude hope 2 see u there here is a map of the meeting place
http://www.toymods.org.au/Map.gif
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 26 May 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what time are we meeting?
might be a good thing to know so i turn up on time Razz

hopefully i'll have the simmons on by that stage Evil or Very Mad
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 26 May 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry Embarassed

meet
9:00 leave 10:00
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Fri, 27 May 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh count me in Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 28 May 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in..
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 28 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you had to guess, what time would you think you guys would be getting to gosford/terrigal area?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 28 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a map of the entire route?
I haven't been up the Wiseman Ferry rd before, but I can't leave Epping til about 10:30. I'd like to figure out if I can catch up with you somewhere.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 28 May 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Newcastle, so I might just meet you at Terrigal Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 28 May 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing else that I know of on that date yet.. I'm keen for a run (love the road from Wisemans back through to Sommersby Very Happy )
GOTLOOKZ
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im definetly in as well as my mate in his bmw c u all there Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be coming depending on what state my car is in. After driving to wakefield and tossing it round in the dirt, it is now making a noise from the rear end over bumps sounds the same as my sis Ke70 think the shocks are creaking. That and it oil consumption habit and don't really want ppl to have to follow me if its too bad. Will see how it is going hopefully i'll be there but will have to wait and see.
3025humphries
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 31 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in.....
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 31 May 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like i'm out now Sad just got my roster and it looks like i'll be working that day... not cool
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 05 June 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will also check my roster fellaz, any chance i can become financial when im there?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 05 June 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes if stitt the Membership Secretary is coming
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sat, 11 June 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking like I might make it just have to finish off the car
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Mon, 13 June 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i wanna come on this cruise. any chance i can get membership as well? im actually planning on going to the next monthly meet at the church which is monday 20th right? can i sumhow get membership that nite? i will hav cash, and i wanna get my sticker too Surprised
GUN-16L
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Mon, 13 June 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i think i will cum on this cruise now my car is back on the road!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 14 June 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might meet yas at the ferry, if that's ok Smile

is there an average time you expect to reach the ferry at?

Cheers
James
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 14 June 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would say 11:30-12 as there is a lot of cars coming!!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 14 June 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. i might meet you AT the ferry on the sydney side around that time (i'll get there early to make sure i dont miss yas) and that way I can cruise back along the wisemans ferry road with you towards terrigal, and i get to drive DOWN it as well! Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So anyone else from cambo making the trip, cos will be the first time i have driven to the club meet point, so would be easier if i followed someone. I would still make it there but just easier thats all. I promise i throw some stop smoke in befor the cruise not that'll help, but atleast the car runs smoother on it.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes no probs dude i can meet any one at Woolworth's petrel + on Cumberland Hwy if thay like but i will be leaving there at 8:30 so Confused ??
thats the same place we meet for the meetings
thread is here
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=42708&start=0&rid=5002&S=542d3952d56 44d4711350953ea3c7c63
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i was thinking, i have seen the thread but unfortunately i can't come to any meetings due to work finish times. But yeah i thought if we did the same it'd work well.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 11:40

So anyone else from cambo making the trip, cos will be the first time i have driven to the club meet point, so would be easier if i followed someone. I would still make it there but just easier thats all. I promise i throw some stop smoke in befor the cruise not that'll help, but atleast the car runs smoother on it.

Hey mate, i might be staying at my gf's place the night before. She's in picton so if you want i can meet you somewhere in Campbelltown and we'll head up Very Happy

I'll let you know how it goes Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet i know how to get to the servo ,cos know cumberland highway pretty well from countless trips up north when i was young so if you wanna meet up round there, or anywhere in cambo to get to there that'd be cool
GOTLOOKZ
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so wat time u expect to get up coast cause i got to drop into auto pro gosford to get some tails lights on way up and not shore wat time they close

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 20:20]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Fri, 17 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about 1:30 2
GOTLOOKZ
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Fri, 17 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool i will have to ring auto pro and find out other wise ill meet u at terrigal and follow u home

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 00:26]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 19 June 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Im off work, but don't really have a car to cruise in. I might leave the falcon at the church and try and scab a ride or to all day see what happens.

I will have the membership gear with me on the day. So anyone wishing to become a member I can do that for you!

Stitt
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 19 June 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in. although i love this run as a passenger.

Black_Supra: if ur going can u give me a lift?
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 19 June 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in too, chucking a sickie to come to this one Razz
Stitt you can scab a ride with me if ya like, im bringing the rolla so it should be fun through the twisties Very Happy
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 19 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have a map of where this cruise is going?
I just need to figure out my schedule for the day.
If so, maybe bring it to the meeting tomorrow night?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Sun, 19 June 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i will do that 4 ya Steve

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 12:19]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Mon, 20 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GOTLOOKZ wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 06:20

so wat time u expect to get up coast cause i got to drop into auto pro gosford to get some tails lights on way up and not shore wat time they close

on sunday they close at 4pm.

GOTLOOKZ
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx merudo ill comin 4 shore

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 00:41]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WARNING

practically every car club runs this cruise, and typically up to 10 clubs can have a cruise on this stretch of road on any given weekend...

and the COPS LOVE IT - its a 'fish in barrel' type of affair really...

my advice, be VERY wary

then again, im a grumpy, overly cautious prick...
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsut wondering wat kinda approx time we'd be looking at rocking back into hornsby casue i have to work at 5.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be there Surprised
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in, b.t.w Stitt: can you bring some stickers?, i want to get a white and red one Cool cheers.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 03:28]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik, we should be back in the hills around 3-4 but if not u can brake away form the pack at any time (as long as u know were you are going.)

and ed when i did this run a bout a year ago we did not see one cop car on this road
BUT AND THIS IS A BIG......
BUT

The bikes like this road as well so please LOOK OUT FOR THE BIKES
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a bike rider, i can agree that this is a popular run for bikes, and the big sweepers along the north side of the hawkesbury after the ferry can be VERY fast (in excess of 160kph on some), and often inexperienced/unfamiliar riders will over cook it into the turns, going wide taking up all of their side and some of yours, so lookout Shocked
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah when i went on a cruise with some other mates we just moved over and stopped to let bikes past. That's the curteous thing to do.

Also when we cruised along there last it was on the double demerits long weekend.

Didn't see a single cop along the old road. Not one.

Maybe we were lucky hehehe

We didnt speed on the way back anyway. Another word of warning for people who have not taken this cruise before... there are lots of trees overhanging the road, so it stays moist after the night.

There is MOSS on some sections of the road so be super careful.

Just watch for wet patches as the surface quality changes a lot... its an enjoyable drive but there are some iffy spots you should really watch out for.

And for those with lowered cars, SLOW DOWN ON THOSE BLOODY BRIDGES.

The wood is warped, and its wavy up and down, and if you're not careful you might scrape.

Cheers
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing was geting to that...
WHAT Merudo SAID
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rona driver will be on the lookout for moss as my rear grip is laughable to call it grip anyway, puzzleman you still up for the meet at the servo
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see you chaps at the ferry at 12 Laughing
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Official Wisemans Ferry Cruise 26/6/05 Wed, 22 June 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yes i will be at Woolworth's petrel + on Cumberland Hwy if thay like but i will be leaving there at 8:30

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica Cruise (19/6/05)
Next Topic:Brisbane/Gold Coast: CELICA SUPER CRUISE 2005 Saturday the 30th of July 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:10:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097630023956299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.