Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:42 Go to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Stuff/50%20series%20ute1.jpg

Make your ute look like this and go like my wagon sometime soon.

That is all.

No idea what the symbol means to the wacky Japs.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:42]

Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Stuff/50%20series%20ute2.jpg

They're on their way to the Hot Olds show in Shizuka (held on Sunday). The photos still aren't up on their website yet.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:43]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photos arent working GT...
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FORBIDDEN FRUIT
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have newfound love for crowns, that is awesome.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe that symbol means "I have your nose"
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 19:13

Laughing
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ROTFLMAO!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:42

Make your ute look like this and go like my wagon sometime soon.

That is all.

Ahhh you prick!!! Here am I trying to clear my schedule to piss off for a while, and you start giving me ideas?!!!

I will admit that progress has slowed somewhat on the ute, as everytime I set foot into my backyard, I have to deal with the dopey old Italian cunt that I unfortunately have as my neighbour. He pokes his head over the fence and yells abuse at me for many and varied things, he was even moved to throw a brick at me on Friday (No bullshit, I have the Police record of attendance to prove it!!!)

I'll ge there with the ute one day!!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is hot.... man my opinion of crowns is slowly changing Wink
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want one Sad
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Care to post a pic of your wagon Gianttomato? That ute is hot.
Thanks
Troy
slo_022
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 31 May 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the kool ute!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Wed, 01 June 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AFAIK, it's the africaan version of 'up yours'. Not sure if it's only to be directed at white fellas though.

Phat crown pics Nod
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Wed, 01 June 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crown! Cool

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Wed, 01 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! hot!
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Thu, 02 June 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, crown ute.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Thu, 02 June 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey clint
i think i saw one of these today
fairly bright blue colour
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Thu, 02 June 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANT!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Thu, 02 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea that ute definately has old skool pimpin power. I like. I reckon that symbol means "crowns have teh powa!"
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Thu, 02 June 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 19:56

hey clint
i think i saw one of these today
fairly bright blue colour

Yep I see that one around Orrong Road every six months or so - looks fantastic!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:49

They're on their way to the Hot Olds show in Shizuoka (held on Sunday).

And here's a sample of what they saw on Sunday...
http://hennakurumacarclub.web.infoseek.co.jp/NHOA/2005/R0010659.jpg
I need to own an example of the car on the left, but I have to work out what the fuck it is yet.
More pics here: http://hennakurumacarclub.web.infoseek.co.jp/NHOA/ 2005/1.htm

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 03:50]

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DROOL to the car on the right. That in a different colour is awesome! I also severely want those rims!What is that thing on the left? It looks fun. Very Happy
Thanks
Troy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The green car on the right is a Toyota MarkII two door MX41, customised a bit - the "rims" look like simple Moon discs to me.
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Myself to crown utes is the same as a beaver to wood.

If anyone wants a 64 crown, im selling one.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry jeffro. We're coming to have a look at it in about a week's time.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Fri, 03 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Sat, 04 June 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am probably wrong but the white sedan looks a bit like a Nissan Cedric?? but the door handles seem a bit high on the door ...and the rear end is pure USA Rolling Eyes ..ahhh yes..rear wheel spats,white wall tyres,lake pipes and "MQQN" discs...its true!!! everything old is new again..
And as for the MX41 Cool ...I want one plain and simple...

Good to see "Luxobargism" is alive and spreading..
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Sat, 04 June 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The white car looks a lot like a 1963 Lincoln Continental but it doesn't have the rear suicide doors and it's a shitload smaller.
http://www.riekmann.prohosting.com/magazin/Vom_Hobby_zum_Beruf/lincoln_continental_1963.jpg
http://www.eazyprinz.com/fbirds/meet/fapow01/ap01156s.jpg
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Sat, 04 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX41 ?!?
err... Shocked

I'll Take Two Thanks! Cool

-Phil
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 14 June 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump, Post more ute pics!!!

has anyone got any photo's of the rs46?

Oh year and reminder to CLG, hurry up!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 19 July 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I got around to a bit of Crown ute work today - pulled the old 2M and auto out of the parts car, in an attempt to make it easier to push around the back yard - no such luck - it's still a pig to move!

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/frank/crown_progress.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 19 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/PickupTrucks/1969ToyotaCrownPickup.jpg
http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/PickupTrucks/1969ToyotaCrownPickup-a.jpg
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Tue, 02 August 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was flicking through the net and found the link to some photos I had a mte host, so thought I'd tell the stroy of the flower power ute, and the reason it was pulled to pieces as seen in the photo above.

Picture it, a pleasant day during Summer just past. I had the undertaking to drive down to Albany (400Kms south of Perth), to pick up the flower power ute for a friend who had purchased it sight unseen, bar a few photos. I muttered the immortal words, "Wanna come down to Albany, pick up a car and drive back, we'll be back before the Sun goes down?" to my mate Seth, so the road trip was on.

I packed the car with spare wheels, heavy rope, and a few tools, collected the car trailer, checked the tyre pressures on both trailer and tyre, put ONE speaker in the passenger's footwell for tunes, and we set off, around 9:30ish. The trip down there was quite uneventful, we even passed people doing less than the speed limit (100Km/h with the trailer on).

We finally got to the farm, to find the old girl sitting in the paddock - it had been there for quite a while.

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00068.JPG

We towed the ute around the paddock three times with a tractor to free up the drum brakes that had seized, from lack of use then loaded it onto the trailer. I looked at the balance and thought it was about as good as it would get, so we tied it down.

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00075.JPG

Out onto the gravel road we came in on, keeping the speed to about 40Km/h to get a feel for the tow, and also keep the dust down, and also snap a few travel shots:

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00080.JPG

Finally made it onto the bitumen, and slowly increased the speed. We got to about 75Km/h and felt a trailer whip starting, so we stopped and untied the straps and ropes, repositioned the ute, and then retied it all back down. We also looked for other cause of the whip other than incorrect weighting and saw that the Left Front tyre on the trailer was low on air - something to rectify when we got to the first air compressor. We Set off again, and got to about 70Km/h and it all happened again - this time more agressively, and unfortunately uncontrollable. The results:

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00081.JPG

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00082.JPG

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00083.JPG

I'm still shitty at damaging my Falcon - parts for these old cars are hard to find at the best of times, and this one had very good sheet metal and trims. There was only minor damage to the ute, though I thought it strange where it did show signs of damage, but more on this later. the ute broke four tie downs and launched itself forward over the trailer denting the boot of the Falcon with it's front bumper. We walked out of the crash without injury, but realised we were stuffed - 400Kms from home. Not long after plowing through the bush, the local ranger came along with his diesel 4WD Hilux. He took out his snatch strap, and hooked onto the end of the trailer. I looked at the weight of his car and the weight of my setup, and thought, no way in hell would his ute pull us out - I was wrong!!! It was amazing to watch. I was in the falcon, engine running (didn't even loose a drop of water in the crash!), and in reverse, waiting for the momentum of the snatch to start before I applied power also. The Hilux gripping with all four wheels, took up the slack and then the whole car skipped into the angle it could pull at - the back end moved over about a foot, and then dragged us out!

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00084.JPG

Next some clever jakcing and proping to get the ute back onto the trailer while being snatched again, saw the flower power ute returned to the trailer proper. The Ranger left with our thanks, and we proceeded to take stocjk of the damage and see if we had enough straps and rope to tie down with?! We managed to cobble together another four tie downs, and assessing the load again, took off once again. The bloody trailer whip was still there so we drove to a maximum of 60Km/h. We finally found a road house and filled the suspect tyre, di a few electrical repairs, refuled the car and ourselves, and set off again, it was now late afternoon. I had also organised to pick up some parts owed to me from friends in Cranbrook (100Kms north of Albany), and we got in at 8:30 that evening. Spent an hour at the pub, had a Bundy and Coke to celebrate our escape, then thought about our plan of attack to get home.

Now, we were limited to 60Km/h as the extra air in the tyre hadn't helped the trailer whip, and nothing we did, improved it either. I suspect a combination of factors led to it occuring, the foremost being suspect tyre, a possible "crab" in the trailer (never saw it towed from behind so can only assume), and tow car weight. Basically being stuffed from the antics of the day, we thought about grabbing a room at the pub, and driving home the following day, however 60Km/h on the Albany Highway would create far less hassles in the middle of the night than the middle of the day, so we set off at 9:30 to make the journey home - we were still 300Kms away!

I cleaned a possum up around 11:40 (sorry mate, but I wasn't swerving for a kamikaze possum given our previous experience) and about 11:45 the trailer started whipping again, followed by a complete tyre failure, yep you guessed it - the suspect tyre! Went to change the wheel only to discover the trailer mags had the wrong wheel nuts for the spare steel wheel! We stole one wheel nut from each of the rear wheels of the Falcon (replaced it with one mag nut each) and didn't even think about taking any from the front wheels, and drove the mag wheel nuts onto the steel rim - we were still hours from home and it was the best it was going to get!

More fuel, more food - thankfully I brought a jerry can for the trip - in the middle of the night, there was only one roadhouse between albany and Perth that was open for fuel - we would have run out if not for the jerry can! Finally made it to the outskirts of the metro area, and the Alternator light came on strong - complete alternator failure! Seth was driving at this time while I dozed, i was awoken by "uh dude, the alt light has just come on?" my reply - "just keep driving"!!!

We got home about 3:30am, I grabed a quick shower and went to bed. got up at 9:30ish to survey the damage:

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00088.JPG
As you can see above, Mechanic Puppy was not impressed we had destroyed his chariot!

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00091.JPG

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/Clint/adventure/DSC00101.JPG

The crash was a blessing in disguise for the new ute owner - it showed the ute was absolutley full of fibreglass, and extensively rusted - every panel had a skim of fibreglass over it, the sills were completely rusted out and replaced with a fibregalss shell, and the structural parts of the body were also held together with fibreglass. It became uneconomical to freight to Sydney as was the original plan, so the owner graciously gave the car to me for parts. Any one want to buy a red interior?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Wed, 03 August 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man thats nasty stuff CLG
how bad is the damage on the falcon (apart from what the pics show)?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hurry up CLG (do not open if Crown pictures offend) Wed, 03 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous message
thats gay mang Sad

shame the ute is fuxored as well Sad

could have been a hot car
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:pretty wicked video drifting expensive cars mainly
Next Topic:buying a car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:18:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00925612449646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar