Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
fight night ps2, Wed, 01 June 2005 01:21 Go to next message
hey,
i have a ps2 and the game i love on it probably the most is fight night by eas sports.. but i havent yet got fight night 2 (second round) does anyone know how it goes?

also did anyone see on the apprentice they had a fight night competiton in new york and the winner took home like $1500, whata sweet idea! would love to go in one
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: fight night ps2, Wed, 01 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got fight night 2, it kicks ass!!
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: fight night ps2, Wed, 01 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive heard, i need some cash real soon.... aaarrggghhhhhh
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: fight night ps2, Wed, 01 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous message
I have both and there are some aspects of the first one that I prefer but Round 2 still kicks arse.

In the first one you could replay more of the lead-up to your knock down, and it was easier and more satisfying to keep nailing the other fighter after a knockdown. In Round 2 there seems to be a larger 'invisible' barrier around the other fighter when you get a knockout so as to avoid him getting tangled in your legs like they did in the first one (but that was half the fun!). I think the automatic replays were more 'informative' in the first one as well... They showed the boxers stance and the whole scene whereas in Round 2 they seem to be too focused on just the fighters head and fists.

Still in Round 2 its nice to be able to be stickin' and movin', you can throw punches as you step in or away, to the side etc. and you can guard while you move around. You can also wind up your punches to determine the power but this tends to just result in every punch being a wound-up one! Hehehe.

Create-a-fighter is more comprehensive but for some reason you still cant choose the torso style (chest hair etc.). The whole game structure is much bigger now so you start as an amateur boxing with a mask and then you apply to turn pro and start fighting the real guys. As you build up your character, your body changes shape to represent the extra strength too.

I think Round 2 is definately better, but only marginally. Replays were a big let down for me because I like to see the strategy I used to bring da uva fellar down! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NIKE sneaker vote!
Next Topic:Victorian Parking Restrictions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 17:41:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003957986831665 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.