Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
roids70
Regular

April 2005
twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 05:07 Go to next message
does anyone know if it is possible to twin charge (twin turbo Supercharge) a 1UZFE cause i am very curiouse about doing it and seing if it works!
  Send a private message to this user    
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twin charge.... hmmm.
No reason why you couldnt, if you had a good enough EMS, and enough room in the engine bay.

You might want to ask here:
http://lextreme.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:18]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It begs the question why?

You won't need 1000hp on the street.

Is it just for show?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no need trust me. My TT 1UZ with quite large turbos (KKK K27 compressors, K26 turbines) has more torque than i can use off the line, a SC would just mean more wheelspin. Being hi comp the turbos spool up fast and even when no boost is registering the vol eff is so improved that the UZ is producing good numbers. Not like they are short of torque even in naturally aspirated form.

As for doing it, yes it's quite straight forward but it would be an exercise of curiosity only and would give no performance gain over a well setup turbo setup.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing is i want to show it and to drag too but i dont want a big block chev or anything like that, i can accomodate for the engine sitting through the bonnet, theres enough rome for every thing, cause i have sused it all out already, and thinking that twin turbo is awsome, i know it might sound stupid but i thought maybe even supercharging it aswell, it might not improve much but just to prove to all those holden fans and ford fans that toyota's have the guts!!

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 06:11]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How fast you want to go?
What does the car weigh?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roids70 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 13:57

i thought maybe even supercharging it aswell, just to prove to all those holden fans and ford fans that toyota's have the guts!!

As Justen said dude, it's seriously not going to be needing it.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not going to be for on the road, but i could get it regestered if i wanted, but i just thought of it because i havnt heard of anyone trying it, and i thought well i might just be different and try something new!! and to prove that T-18's arnt just pissy little hatchbacks!!! it probably is a stupid idea but i just want something different to do!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are going to be fighting for traction with a stock 1uz in a T18, let alone >600hp.

I take it a 9" and tubs are planned?

Methinks you should stop the dreamtime.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i understand the fact that i'll be fighting for traction, thats y i have other people here to help me with it that have bin mechanics for 30 years, and have dealt with stuff like this!! but yes ur right it was most probably stupid of me for even thinking of doing it!! but hey 10 points for trying!!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i say go for it, if your really passionate about doing it you will pull it off.

And everyone will be very impressed one way or the other. Sheesh alot of negativity around here.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm so what if it sucks traction wise, he can turn it into a drifter and take on robbie bulger or just enter burnout comps Very Happy
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that actualy wouldnt be half bad a drifter or entering it in a burnout comp

Cheers Dude!!
And thanx for some of the positivity!!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to be real different you could also twin aftercool it by using an air to air aftercooler and a water to air aftercooler.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say it would be shit for drifting but would make up for it in a burnout comp if you're that way inclined.

I have a mag (probably fast fours or something) that did a tech article on the 1uzfe engine. it was interesting. They broke it down into 'stages' like gran tourismo or something lol
but anyways stage one was like exhaust/cai
then in stage 2 and 3 i think they talked about cams and porting etc etc then stage four was like forget everything in the last 3 stages and strap on 2 turbos.

If you did want more out of the 1uzfe i'd say twin turbos would be good $/power upgrade.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Tue, 31 May 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible for you to make a scan of that 1UZ engine Fast 4's article available for interested punters ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont know wot im going to do with it untill if finnish the car so. who knows i might just end up putting it in a burnout comp, but anyway if theres anyone else that knows more plz tell cause im interested, very much so!!

Sean
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey sean howbout you find some money to do this befor you start thinking bigger than your wallet can handle!!!
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not the point i can get money just not very eazy till i start work next year!!! but yes it will be hard, to get money to do this, but first i have to find a wrecked lexus somewere in launnie and for some reson i dont think thats gunna happen for a while!!!

and yes i do hate u now and im gunna F@#K u up real bad when i come to ur house next!!
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate,

a twin turbo 1uz is an excellent idea, their a great engine, get someone to knock up some manifolds, get a couple of decent turbos, i would think not much bigger than t25`s, and a decent computer, and the thing will be a ball tearer, although a 1jz is a much cheaper alternative, insane power handling capability for little money

just my 2 cents Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roids70 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:07

does anyone know if it is possible to twin charge (twin turbo Supercharge) a 1UZFE cause i am very curiouse about doing it and seing if it works!

Quote:

its not going to be for on the road, but i could get it regestered if i wanted

Quote:

Quote:

well i dont know wot im going to do with it untill if finnish the car so. who knows i might just end up putting it in a burnout comp

Quote:

i can get money just not very eazy till i start work next year

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/bushtu.jpg
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck em all man, i say do it!

Too many people are quick to tell you not to do it! Originality comes at a price and if you are willing to pay the cost then you have my respect.

Go for gold man Very Happy

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u willneed a budget of 10000 to 15000 i recon

make sure it will be legal

are tassielaws diff to sydney laws

beware of all alloy engines used for burnouts

they get hot much quicker and cannot dissipate heat as quick as an iron block

but im not sure how a 1uz goes in a burnout

i can do one for about 30 secs but never tried anbyhting more

i think in a tight engine bay and depending on rad size u might have probs

but it has been done afew times

its nothin knew to most people to twin turbocharge a 1uz

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Wed, 01 June 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 21:11

roids70 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:07

Quote:

its not going to be for on the road, but i could get it regestered if i wanted

Quote:

Quote:

well i dont know wot im going to do with it untill if finnish the car so. who knows i might just end up putting it in a burnout comp

Quote:

i can get money just not very eazy till i start work next year

http://members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/bushtu.jpg

Gold-flavoured!
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 19:15

Is it possible for you to make a scan of that 1UZ engine Fast 4's article available for interested punters ?
Thanks,
Mitch.

I'll see if i can find it over the weekend?
Is posting them up breaking copywrite laws?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 19:48

Yes, they will get hot quicker from their surroundings, but last time I checked, alloy owns steel in terms of conducting and dissipating heat.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica_John wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 12:36

ra23celica wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 19:15

Thanks,
Mitch.

I'll see if i can find it over the weekend?
Is posting them up breaking copywrite laws?

yes but if its an old issue i don't think they'd really care, if someone posted all the pages from a current issue then they would, i mean how else are you supposed to see it, some times they won't even have back issue so you can't take that avenue.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 21:48

u willneed a budget of 10000 to 15000 i recon

make sure it will be legal

are tassielaws diff to sydney laws

well if its gunna be that much all i need is my brother, he has the money, and F*#k loads of it too.

Dunno how much different laws in tassie are to sydney, i dont think they are much different, was over there in march, the only think that i see thats different is the provisional system!!, i recon that ones fucked up! but every system is fucked up somwere along the line!

d/w it will be legal, as my favorite motto goes!! Every Things Legal Till Ya Get Cought!!, and the other thing is cops or traffic inspectors dont even bother about looking at the comlience plates and stuff! and i can get anything registered easy!!! as long as it hasnt gone over board!!

cause we registered a chop top falcon for registered, with weilded doors! and weilded doors a ilegal!
but back to were i was Yeah i think the laws are the same!

Sean
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 10:48

sideshow wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 19:48

Yes, they will get hot quicker from their surroundings, but last time I checked, alloy owns steel in terms of conducting and dissipating heat.

Yes this is correct!

Thermal conductivity of aluminium alloys vary from 125 to 75 W/mK where as cast irons and steel vary from 30 to 50 W/mK. This means aluminium alloys will absorb heat and dissipate heat quicker or more easily than cast iron/steels.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this engine has proven itself to be very compatable in forced induction, so much so that it even seems to handle it better than some engines designed for it.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here you go Guys.

http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/toymods/8817SPs_new_project-med.jpg
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 22:18

Here you go Guys.

http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/toymods/8817SPs_new_project-med.jpg

Geezuz. Look at the tits on that?! Shocked
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damnnn, got anymore pics or info?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me looks at the pic, suffering(?) spontaneous orgasm
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL... no way...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a feeling those turbos are just sitting in the engine bay, not actually attached. There's no way 2.0 litres of engine could spool each of those monsters!
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Thu, 02 June 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i have to agree there... i wouldn't at all be surprised if thats a photoshop job either... WTF uses turbos that big? besides kenworth, Volvo, Mack etc
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Fri, 03 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so wheres this pic from?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: twin charged 1uzfe Fri, 03 June 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come it has 2 different turbos on it? Laughing
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Fri, 03 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car is in the states and the right Turbo is actually mounted and the left one is just sitting there Razz

When this car was running a 2J it put down around 1500 RWHP

EMP-2TG wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 17:07

how come it has 2 different turbos on it? Laughing

tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Fri, 03 June 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:42

There's no need trust me. My TT 1UZ with quite large turbos (KKK K27 compressors, K26 turbines) has more torque than i can use off the line, a SC would just mean more wheelspin. Being hi comp the turbos spool up fast and even when no boost is registering the vol eff is so improved that the UZ is producing good numbers. Not like they are short of torque even in naturally aspirated form.

As for doing it, yes it's quite straight forward but it would be an exercise of curiosity only and would give no performance gain over a well setup turbo setup.

hey sorry for the "you get this all the time thing" your car is awesome, i saw it in speed, motherfucker, that is wicked,

that is your car not just an avatar of it... yeah?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: twin charged 1uzfe Sat, 04 June 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
1200det wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 20:22

When this car was running a 2J it put down around 1500 RWHP

ahhh... is that all... lol... must be why he's decided to upgrade... Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7mgte injecter plug interchangability
Next Topic:clutch fork clips
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:25:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00826096534729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.