Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like the now x still wants to check out the mr2 asked me to drive it home for her if she buys it. prepare for some pics and footage (gonna take vid cam up with me) Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 13:29

looks like the now x still wants to check out the mr2 asked me to drive it home for her if she buys it. prepare for some pics and footage (gonna take vid cam up with me) Wink

This is the white SC 1.8 is it ??

I got a response back from the dood and reckons it came from japan with the 1.8 in it ?

Good luck with it and the X ???
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats what he said to my ex aswell. Gonna talk to her about it tonight and see what we come up with. to me its a bit of money for a car with minor engine mods (im calling bullshit on the 1.8 stroker), stereo and a kit.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin at the pictures of it again. I so see myself getting pulled up comin down through vic with those tail lights etc.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pretty much agree but if its a real TRD / HKS stroker kit, well that could be very interesting.

The 15 PSI sounds like crap to me, if its got an SC 12 supercharger and a 175 nevo pulley there is just no way !!

I have spoken to john Harris from Nevo on many occasions and i have had a few different pullies on mine and its also got the smaller SC pulley as its a 94 101 engine and it does 13 PSI as calibrated from the motec inputs which is very accurate unlike many a boost gauge !!

Or its just a very optimistic boost gauge Laughing Laughing Laughing or maybe he is not running an intercooler Laughing Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im calling bs on the stroker aswell someone probably told him that when he bought it.

Gun Metal i have seen that front bar in person on a couple of cars and looks quite nice also knew the guy that was selling that front bar it wasnt worht the money altho the rookie kit is about 5k before shipping and duty so i guss its all relative.

Has anyone replaced the ball joints on the aw11 i have to do the left hand side front this weekend as the right hand side i did when i replaced the control arm but i rember trying to get the old one out was quite a pain..

What tool do you need to remove the old ball joint?/?

any help would be apppreciated
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:49

i have this odd feeling that a 7mgte one will suffice as well.. and is more metal then plastic unlike the 4a one... just a thought... im imagine being toyota many of them would be interchangable..

Hey toof is there any truth that could be possible here, does naybody els know about this? if a 7mgte one will work.

cause there is a 4 week wait and $205 to get a 4agze knock sensor, or I can get a 7mgte one tomorrow for $170
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 16:37

i have this odd feeling that a 7mgte one will suffice as well.. and is more metal then plastic unlike the 4a one... just a thought... im imagine being toyota many of them would be interchangable..

Hey toof is there any truth that could be possible here, does naybody els know about this? if a 7mgte one will work.

cause there is a 4 week wait and $205 to get a 4agze knock sensor, or I can get a 7mgte one tomorrow for $170

i wouldnt be suprised there is nothing that complicated about the knock sensors they are very simple things once you look at the insides of your broken one Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,

No idea on that one maybe someone can do a part number check or the auto elec guy may be able to say ?

I think what 4agte said makes sense if you retard the timing a bit and dont drive silly i reckon you can do without it.

What i can say for sure is that my car does not have a knock sensor and from what i understand most cars with aftermarket EFI do NOT run knock sensors. I was talking to a few people who have tuned my car and John Harris from Nevo on the subject when i got the last pulley upgrade and even the most elaborate and expensive systems rarely run them. I would be keen to hear what other people have heard on the subject.

if my understanding is correct the knock sensor simply tells the EFI to retard the timing (it may do other things as well?) and subsequently reduce power. But this is only going to occur when some nob puts their foot to the floor with only 1000rpm in 5th gear going up a hill with crappy fuel etc etc i hope that paints the picture ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dun think that the part numbers would be the same otherwise toyta would have had one in stock but they may be able to be adapted i guess id say its probably woth $205 to stop your motor from going bang

knock sesnsors are overrated i rekon im planning to use exhaust temperature sensor to sense detonation and set the ecu to reference boost and ignition to exhaust temp if i can.

power fc's use the factory knock sensors and is supposed to work quite well
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys

I am VERY interrested in these rims. Would the offset suit my car? Would 8inch be OK for the AW11?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=70562&start=0&rid=515&S=700dec649534 77534a4426818d0c0aa4

My aw11 is lowered 1 inch.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would think the offset will make the tyre sit too close to the strut i could be wrong tho
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too wide Sad wont be legal. offset is wrong..
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 16:37

just looked..

89615-17010

is the part number i pull for the aw11 knock sensor.. listing that aginst other models it comes back with aw11 and ae92 gze so *supposedly* it is only for those models. however id suspect that they would be interchange betweem other models.
keep in mind toyota have a habit of replacing parts with other parts hence new number and my EPC is severly out of date. so perhaps the sensor is fundametally the same and the part numbers have been amalgamted ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 17:36

knock sesnsors are overrated i rekon

you seem to think a lot of things are overrated i rekon.... Rolling Eyes

when i broke the knock sensor on the feral i got one from a dude that was off a later 4agze. it only had to be the same colour plastic (kinda green by memory) and the same plug on the end to work from my understanding.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt even use mine on my car. Didnt need to with my computer.
Then again, i didnt need a lot of the standard sensors and that sort of thing. Rolling Eyes
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 21:12

4agte wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 17:36

knock sesnsors are overrated i rekon

you seem to think a lot of things are overrated i rekon.... Rolling Eyes

when i broke the knock sensor on the feral i got one from a dude that was off a later 4agze. it only had to be the same colour plastic (kinda green by memory) and the same plug on the end to work from my understanding.

yeah they are a light green colour
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 18:26

Guys

I am VERY interrested in these rims. Would the offset suit my car? Would 8inch be OK for the AW11?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=70562&start=0&rid=515&S=700dec649534 77534a4426818d0c0aa4

My aw11 is lowered 1 inch.

Old,

They look good but i am guessing they are not 8 inch, see the response on the actual post, if you like i can have a look at them for you, same for offset looks sus to me what car runs a plus 50 offset and 4 x 100 ?????????? i will be very interested to find out.

But while we are on the subject of wheels SEXY 16 is selling some race compomotives brand new never been on the car 15 x 7 with a 38mm offset white in colour and wants to unload them.

They are a basic 5 spoke design called the MOs fairly light and tuff. I was very seriously considering them and i reckon i would get into some more dept for them except they are white and i dont want to copy or at least imitate Toofs car !!

If anyone is interested they should sus them out reckon they would look good or your car 4agte similar to the wheels on the pics you posted earlier
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno, if most sensors are the same you may not even need the same plug, get a metal clip to go into the plug slot, selastic over the top and have a unclip plug further up, thats the ghetto way Wink

yeah I went and saw mr.T today and got some the part numbers, the 7m ones are a differant number, tomorrow I am going to mitchal as they have a 7m KNK sensor there, so I will have a look and see if she fits.

yours are a greenish colour? mine is orangish Confused dang

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't know about that whole retard the timing a little and be safe thing, cause the sensor is faulty the ecu automatically goes in to same mode, that means maximum timing retard and a bit of overfueling.

I really don't wanna retard the timing more than the ecu already is.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought it might be retarding the timing and overfuelling but as its mainly a daily driver i backed it off a deg or 2 just to be safe

are you talking about the plug colour wiso??/
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH ! Mad Mad Mad

I have to get cable or something !!!! dial up SUX !!!!!!

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll trade you my cheese plant design and report for your crappy dial up.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte umm... there is the plug which is part of the sensor, and then there is the clip which is on the wiring loom.

my clip is greay, but the plug is an dark orange colour.

this is not my sensor but this is what has happened to it
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1416/unknown2xt.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 12:23]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats exactly how mine broke thats the same colour as mine
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 22:14

Cheese plant design ???!!! WHAT THE !!!!!

I thought thats why God created cows etc ??? Laughing Laughing

sounds like a lot of fun..... NOT !!!!

What exactly are you designing ??? i am just trying to think what that would involve ?

....i suppose the dial up cant be that bad as i am still on line, but thats now only because I CANT SLEEEEEP !!! Mad Mad Laughing Laughing

By the way how is the car selling / hunting going ??
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 22:21

4agte umm... there is the plug which is part of the sensor, and then there is the clip which is on the wiring loom.

my clip is greay, but the plug is an dark orange colour.

this is not my sensor but this is what has happened to it
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/1416/unknown2xt.jpg

Wiso,

Great pic man, but sorry to tell you you are never going to make it as a "hand" model Laughing Laughing come to think of it neither am I Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Those of you that know can try to explain that one to Wiso, lots of luck !!!

Sorry its getting late or is that early ??
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys sorry to change the topic, but it's still about AW11's Very Happy .

I've got my NA, in short i want GZE power and torque, do i:

A) swap engines n all that jazz
B) sell and buy an sc

im really happy with my car, it's very very tidy, everything works and it's a good car. i don't wanna buy a shitter of an sc accidentally. but at the same time do i need engineers certs n stuff to be able to change the engine over?

heeeeeelp. Embarassed
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you like your car and its nice and clean then by all means do a gze conversion by buying a half cut which will cost you about $2500 but add another $500-1000 if you are doing it yourself if you get someone else to do it prepare to pay $3000-$5000 there is nothing more rewarding than doing an engine converions by yourself and hearing it start up for the first time but when you consider the cost it is often cheaper (especially with the 15 yr rule) to sell your n/a and buy a clean import
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did the same back in 99. though a little harder to find now days the gze half cut is the way to go. i paid $3300 delivered for a 88 half cut from SSS. everything that i needed to do the swap was there. bolt, plug and play. Evil or Very Mad
(unless you have a pre 87 model where some wiring is involved).

Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 00:51

Miss MR2 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 22:14

Cheese plant design ???!!! WHAT THE !!!!!

I thought thats why God created cows etc ??? Laughing Laughing

sounds like a lot of fun..... NOT !!!!

What exactly are you designing ??? i am just trying to think what that would involve ?

....i suppose the dial up cant be that bad as i am still on line, but thats now only because I CANT SLEEEEEP !!! Mad Mad Laughing Laughing

By the way how is the car selling / hunting going ??

Its is a group assignment due today where the assignment was design an write a 100 page document on the design including specific details and calculations about a cheese factory. It has to be in line with 21st century technonogy environ. freindly etc... It is huge.

Oh, i didnty know anyone knew i was selling my car, if this is diected at me. There is a bit of work to be done in the uni holidays, but we have someone interested. Now, just have to find a targa sc in nsw under 8k....
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guy do any of you have a boost guage plumbed into your SC's if so where did you put it (in which vac line) I have tried a couple and am not getting a reading.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 00:56

Wiso,

Great pic man, but sorry to tell you you are never going to make it as a "hand" model Laughing Laughing come to think of it neither am I Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ahhh gunmetal Rolling Eyes I think I said that wasn't mine, I stole that pic off another thread, I dunno who's it is, that was just to outling what I was getting at
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hey guy do any of you have a boost guage plumbed into your SC's if so where did you put it (in which vac line) I have tried a couple and am not getting a reading.

the gze inlet manifold has one vacum/boost line coming of it (not far from where the brake booster pipe goes). the line goes to the brown fuel vsv, tee into that one.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks man, I was thiking of trying that one next, but wasn't sure
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 10:01

Quote:

the gze inlet manifold has one vacum/boost line coming of it (not far from where the brake booster pipe goes). the line goes to the brown fuel vsv, tee into that one.

yup thats the one mines tee'd into
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 09:51

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 00:56

Wiso,

ahhh gunmetal Rolling Eyes I think I said that wasn't mine, I stole that pic off another thread, I dunno who's it is, that was just to outling what I was getting at

Wiso,

Sorry again i was not paying attention, but as for the boost gauge, yep just tee it in as mentioned earlier. If you have a look at the engine bay shots i sent you before you should be able to see where it is connected. It is a very thin white tube running along the strut brace then drops down near the inlet manifold, if not i can post some pics tonight
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Its is a group assignment due today where the assignment was design an write a 100 page document on the design including specific details and calculations about a cheese factory. It has to be in line with 21st century technonogy environ. freindly etc... It is huge.

Oh, i didnty know anyone knew i was selling my car, if this is diected at me. There is a bit of work to be done in the uni holidays, but we have someone interested. Now, just have to find a targa sc in nsw under 8k....
[/quote]

Good luck with the assignment. Sorry if i gave the game away but will keep a look out for you
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 08:05

B) sell and buy an sc

im really happy with my car, it's very very tidy, everything works and it's a good car. i don't wanna buy a shitter of an sc accidentally. but at the same time do i need engineers certs n stuff to be able to change the engine over?

heeeeeelp. Embarassed

In short.....Dont bother with any of your ideas. Save up a shit load of cash, buy a gze, turn it into a gte straight away and put it in your car.

This way you will be happy az!

Not to down the boys with the sc aw11's but i think they are slow. And the time and effort half of them go to to get power out of a sc engine is a waste of time for the end result!

This is just my opinion but at the end of the day when you step out of a potential 11 sec aw11 into an sc i guess your going to notice a bit of a difference.

Either way you go, good luck.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fats right at the end of the day you will get dissapointed with s/c power very quickly not to mention the fuel consumption but it is quite a difference from the n/a especially the torque. If your keen on you car do what fat suggested but it will end up alot cheaper importing a clean gze from japan and then turboing it i think the gze's are only what 8k now
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, Toof was speaking to a sign writer today about eagle decals. can get them done up in white vinyl for about $10 for one cd case sized one. Anyone interested?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrm any suggestions of where you would stick it on the rear window??
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanks for all that guys, I got the guage in and working nicely, although the one I got is a fair way out, when the car is off, the neddle read on about 7 (whatever it is, opposite to boost Laughing ) I got it for free, so I might try buying another one like the one in my celica.

yeah 4agte going abck to timing, I have actually got it set on 5degrees BTDC anyway, moslty because I was told to retard it abit to compensate for the hi comp, what do you reckon feral, sound about right, or maybe a little bit more, 8 or something, remember it is a standard ecu on a standard cooler.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 19:40

what do you reckon feral,

if i was worried about tuning it by ear myself (i always gotta try it myself Rolling Eyes ).
then i would take it to someone that knows what they are doing, has a dyno and air/fuel sniffer and see what the air/fuel mixtures are doing at what degree of tuning. might as well get it checked properly if you want it to last a while.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think feral is running 10btdc on the n/a motor but he does have a thicker headgasket altho i dun think that lowers the comp that much

if thats the case then i dont c y 8btdc would be a problem mine is fine low down with the knock sensor broken but high up it just gets flat so i shift at about 5k im thinking of just fixing the damn thing so i can run the turbo on the factory computer for a few weeks im trying to get all the niggly things in the car fixed before i do the conversion.

I wrote out a list this evening of the things left to do and its quite considerable Shocked Shocked Shocked guess that shows how much ive neglected the car recently

should make some good power with the high comp wiso should put it on the dyno for a run to see what your a/f ratios are like and if its pinging or not
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn feral beat me to it Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah for sure, I think I should get a new knock sensor before I go tuning it properly, cause that could be playing an effect on my timing abit.

also she's idleing a bit high, its really weird, I disconnected the idle up circuit but i made no differance. I will have to find a cause for that.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that sounds like a good idea but sounds like its comming alon well wiso got any pics yet?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 08:05

B) sell and buy an sc

heeeeeelp. Embarassed

I would probably agree with fat and 4agte... HOWEVER

You say you want GZE power and torque, well if thats all you want then that is your answer. depending on your time skill $ etc will determine how you get a different engine in there and how long the car will be off the raod etc etc

That is you want about 90 odd kw at the wheels, the stock NAs are good for about 60 for comparitive purposes, you will get heaps more mid range torque. Sure you can put on a bigger pulley extractors cams maybe a bigger intercooler basic retuning and you may get near 120 which will get you into 14s for the 1/4 and will be quite fun to drive.

But as Fat said if you are looking at going sub 14s or 11s you are going to need serious $$$$$$$$$$$ just ask anyone who has tried because you are going to need around 200kw and that means serious revs and boost and what ever you need to achieve that.

Other options may be an aftermarket SC or maybe even another engine there really are heaps of options, do some research and decide how much you want to spend and what you are trying to achieve. dont forget also that if you put in something more powerful than the GZE then you are most likely in need of brake upgrades etc maybe speak to the authorities first.

One thing i can say is that power is addictive, you may have heard this all before but when i got the SC i thought this is bloody scary but you soom get used to it and of course want more Evil or Very Mad so it really depends if you want to go in many small steps along the way or just take one massive step and aim for 300kw at the wheels and scare yourself stupid Laughing Laughing

Its your car so its your call, just do it, what ever you do it will be a learning experience.

hope this helps
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah she will be going on the dyno soon once all the probs are sorted, I'll be building my tacho circuit tomorrow so i know what revs I'm doing, (cause the tacho was run off the ignition coil it had one signal, now I have the twin coil packs so there is 2 signals and my tacho doens't work).

Then I'll get back onto the timing issue and try to find the cause of the hi revs. chuk a thermo fan infront of the cooler instead of the scoop. and I should be set to boost her as soon as I get the new knock sensor.

even if a knock sensor is faulty when you bridge the terminals to adjust ignition timing, it will be normal right, it won't have retarded that?

I do have some pics, the car looks soo tuff now, I have done a few changes body wise aswell ans engine wise. I'll chuck some up tomorrow.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 21:36

also she's idleing a bit high, its really weird, I disconnected the idle up circuit but i made no differance. I will have to find a cause for that.

have you adjusted the idle screw on the TB?

i would get a knock sensor too if i was you. just a small safe guard that could save you from an early rebuild.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gze is really nice when your powering out of low speed corners and roundabouts but a gte is something else alltogether whichever way you go either buying an
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 22:22

wiso wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 21:36

have you adjusted the idle screw on the TB?

i would get a knock sensor too if i was you. just a small safe guard that could save you from an early rebuild.

yeah keeping a stock n/a motor together with boost you need to keep detonation well away from the pistons
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I haven't adjusted that, these things I may look at tomorrow, but i don't know If I wanna adjust it, cause its pretty easy to throw things out of whack.

ohh yeah i am deffinatly going to get antoher knock sensor, they are really hard to find thats all. yeah considering I only rebuilt her 10,000km ago Smile don't wanna do that again Wink

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to let you all know, my mr2 will be going to the big scrap heap in the sky in the next two weeks so if you need any of the parts out of it give me a yell.

Also, against my better judgement, i am willing to part with my engine and driveline so if there is anyone out there that is interested in a big power aw11 give me a yell.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrrm just dont have enuf money arghhh

sad to hear that fat dont forget to save that ash tray for me Very Happy
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acknowledged speed is addictive, and u will always want to go faster, but having the reason behind it is what's more important.

i want GZE power because 14 seconds 1/4 pass is as fast as i want my car that drives me to work everyday to go. Sure i'll get used to the power and want something quicker, but i think anything going quicker than 14's and i have a much easier chance of putting it into a tree.

With GZE i can have enough power to get around quickly, but not enough so i can't stop at 120 before hitting a cliff or something Very Happy

I bought the NA knowing i'd want something faster soon enough, but i wanted to get used to the mr2 without really any power so i couldn't do something stupid..

it's just my way of living till im 80 Smile

so is it sell and buy an sc, or sc my na?
$$ being the thing to save.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 02 June 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to do it cheaply then sell your n/a and buy a clean s/c it will work out cheaper if i had my time again i would have done it this way would have saved me a couple of grand and thats with doing the engine conversion myself.

then all you will need for 14's is a high flowing 2 1/2" exhaust pod filter and a 175mm nevo pulley alltho you might wanna upgrade the i/c aswell to water/air
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sell the NA and buy yourself an SC... If you shop around you can get them for a reasonable price and there are many differences between the NA and SC models (most of them cosmetic).

I know a lot of guys on this forum have conversions and I will be the first to point out that I have never seen any of their cars IRL, I have never seen an SC conversion that was done properly.

There are usually problems with engine mount height and angle (the engine mounts are different between the models), the intercooler location and mounting, the battery mounting, engine lid (either SC lid or NA) and general tidyness issues.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 03 June 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ok guys i spoke to my customer the sign writer yesterday and ive emailed him off a pic of the eagle. he is going to design it up for me so we can get the stickers cut out.

not sure exactly of cost but he said they have to be done by the square metre. so im getting pricing done up. but they should be fairly cheap togetgher..

ill keep people informed but i was thinking of a sticker about the size of a cd case that is just the cut out of the eagle.
Pages (84): [ «  <  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:39:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01540994644165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.