Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Opinions on seats, especially OBX Wed, 01 June 2005 00:54 Go to next message
Howdy all, been searching around and reading up on seats and couldn't find much really.

I want to get a fixed back bucket seat for the RA28 to use on track days.

It wont stay in there for everyday driving.

I've been looking at the OBX daytona and OBX Forza which I cant really tell the difference between by looking at the stats. Price wise very good too..

Anyone have experience with these seats?

Want something with good support and that wont be killing my back after a day at the track.

Oh yeah and im around 6 foot and 80 something kg so dont know how i'd go in some real small seat.

Cheers
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Wed, 01 June 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want something that isnt going to be hurting your back after a day at the races, stay away from the OBX. They blow goats.
Spend a few extra dollars and get a Velo or something similar.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Wed, 01 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See if you can sit in some seats that are in cars. What suits one person may or may not suit another.

I am a tall skinny bastard and my old Velo's wreaked havoc on my back, but were never a prob for the previous driver of my car who had a bit more padding Very Happy

My current seats seem to do the trick (comfy even on long trips) and have enough bolstering and framework to hold me in place at the track. They are SAAS and are about 6 years old, lasting well too.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Wed, 01 June 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently researched seats for my car, was keen on the OBX Forza, because of the price & the fact that they looked good enough in the pictures, but I couldn't find a local distributor to actually sit in one, so I went for a Cobra Monaco instead.

In hindsight i'm glad that I did buy a reputable brand, its quite a comfortable fixed back seat, has provision for 5 harness points, is not as tight as some of the fibreglass frame seats, and was more than comfortable enough for the drive from Canberra to Jamberoo & home, and I don't have the best back to start with.

10/10 from me for the Cobra! Very Happy

looks like this:

http://img233.echo.cx/img233/4025/image00038sx.jpg

Cheers
Phil
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll second the comfort rating TE72_Turbo has given, I only sat in it breifly but it had good support and a nice shape.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback guys. The Cobra one sounds quite good.

I'm thinking might be best to find some distributors and sit in the seats to get a feel for them Smile
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know someone that has had obx and they didnt mind them at all. i would try get soem old wrx seats from a wrecker or 32 gtr seats. that or soem 2nd hand recaros
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah gtr seats are quite cumfy but i would buy something new if i had to sit in it all the time
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
32 GTR seats are expensive yeah?
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to seats, i bought some recaro knock offs for 350 each, and they are pretty shit house, they have worn within the first year (down to the stuffing Rolling Eyes )also the lining is coming out from around the holes for a racing harness, on the headrest. like these guys have said, a reputable company is the way to go, they are well known for a reason i guess.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - Can only agree with everyone else on the OBX sucking thing...

Look at some OMP or Sparco models. The Sparco Sprint/Speed are the cheapest (I think) fixed buckets in their range and I find mine pretty comfortable.. I'd say we're about the same height but I probably have a -10kg advantage on you for squeezing into it..

PM Draza to find out what model seat he has as it's quite nice to sit in Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Thu, 02 June 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WRX seats look great and have good support, but I reckon are way too hard for long trips.. plus they have a much deeper base than would be ideal for an old toyota, if you are tall, its likely that you will hit your head on the roof, especially with a helmet Smile

I just went into the local Revolution Racegear outlet & sat in all the seats there. Unfortunately they are no longer a distributor for Sparco though.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on seats, especially OBX Fri, 03 June 2005 07:31 Go to previous message
Seats have been talked a lot! I dont think OBX's are good as a friend of mine has them and even he doesnt like them...but had it in car when bought.
essentially, i think Bride's make good seats! so if u want a reclinable, get a Bride Brix. if you insist on a fixed back, may i recommend Sparco Evo2, or the Sparco pro2000. I'm 5ft7' and probably a large medium. best of luck with seats....and I have also heard that Velo are good for 'larger' people
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who in Nth Syd/Central Coast machine down some rotors?
Next Topic:how much would you pay for ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 17:09:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049588680267334 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.