Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 4WD, should you need a special license to use em? give us ya thoughts

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 4WD, should you need a special license to use em? give us ya thoughts Thu, 02 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right the general argument here is that they are really bad. But i really don't see what much of the hype is about. Granted i have never driven one so i can't really speak from experience but i have no problem with them being around.

It seems that as soon as someone gets hit by one it is always a direct result of it being a 4x4 and not a result of the person not being able to drive. for example someone in year 1 i would think, would not be easily seen be it a 4x4 or standard car. I think that banning them from school zones is ridiculous.

But i can see the fact that they are taller so there is a hight that can bee seen from a standard car and not a 4x4. I agree that maybe more training is needed, and maybe a 4x4 section on the license, or even rear camera's compulsory. but i think some of the stuff that is coming out on the news about banning them is all a little silly.

Thats my thoughts anyway, please don't shoot me lol
  Send a private message to this user    
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: 4WD, should you need a special license to use em? give us ya thoughts Thu, 02 June 2005 04:46 Go to previous message
Hi there

i Have absolutly nothing against 4wd cause we own a toyota landcrusier that has 37'in by 14"in tyers with a 7'in sus lift and a 7'in Body lift and hey i can nearly drive my T-18 right underneath the bastard if it wasnt for the drive shafts, i dont understand u 4wd have to be banned, trucks are more dangerous than $wd's and yet there allowed to still drive anywere, and for a fact its harder to stop a truck then a well updated 4WD so i have nothing agianst them

Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need Help with some Celsior stuff- Brisbane
Next Topic:the DOH file
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:02:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046718120574951 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.