Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
O2 sensor voltages Wed, 01 June 2005 01:48 Go to next message
Anyone know what voltage range a 1G oxygen sensor puts out? I'm looking at setting up a tuning A/F gauge which runs 0 to 1 volt.
Cheers
Glen.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: O2 sensor voltages Wed, 01 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that for standard old 1 wire O2 sensors for Toyota's, the voltage range is 0 to 1 volt. When the thing is operating it cycles 8 times every 10 seconds and the voltage will cycle/range from about 0.4 to 0.55 and repeat, while it measures the oxygen in the exhaust.
Cheers,
Mitch.
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: O2 sensor voltages Wed, 01 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mitch, i guess all is well in the power stakes with the busted clutch? Very Happy

Anyway, looking at hooking up an autometer A/F gauge that reads between 0 and 1 volt. I tried it hooked into my engine one but it only read about two bars (very lean), even after warming up.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Glen.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: O2 sensor voltages Wed, 01 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate ! Once I got the engine running properly I am finding out for myself, all the other weak spots in the driveline !!!

A few ideas here, I'm no wiring guru as this forum knows, but is hooking up the A/F meter affecting the voltage signal itself ?

I know that the ECU ignores the 02 sensor at idle but that is no reason for the 02 sensor to throw bad readings otherwise.

When my original 02 sensor died it would only read from 0 to 0.3v maximum (low). No cycling at all from 0.4 to 0.55v.

Is your 02 sensor OK ?

I got a brand new ACA one from Coventry's for about $60, and surprise surprise, when I opened the box, it has 'Denso' marked on the shaft !
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: O2 sensor voltages Thu, 02 June 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just had the ox sensor checked... stuffed, gotting nothing on the test machine so not sure if it has diverted to running rich or lean.
What model toyota was your new one off? i'll take mine down as well for them to look at
cheers
Glen.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: O2 sensor voltages Thu, 02 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous message
Good to know that you have found the problem mate - well done.

I could not take a chance with another 02 sensor off another Toyota as that could be just as bad as mine was, so I lashed out and bought a new aftermarket one.

FWIW, any Toyota single wire 02 sensor from 1982 to 1992 fits our cars fine.

I found an agent for ACA, called Coventry's in my State, and they sold me one for about $60. This unit has the flange already included and the standard plug for the OEM loom, and it all bolted straight/clicked straight on.

If you can't get it there, PM me and I will send you one from here. If you need the part number of the thing, let me know as well.

It made a huge difference to the car as well, at light throttle cruising speeds, and the fuel economy improved a heap as well.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:commodore rear shocks - sprinter rear?
Next Topic:Turbo workshop in canberra?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:54:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053331851959229 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.