Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Cost of rust repair for this situation

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
icon9.gif  Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 09:46 Go to next message
hey guys,

just wondering how much you reckon this would cost to repair?

http://www.pictonswimclub.com/images/PICT0009 resize.JPG

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much more is in the car?
It's in a nasty spot, there. No idea on an estimate, get a panel beater to give you a quote.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car is for sale in tas, and wally lives in NSW been told the rust is the same on the other side, and there is a couple of little bits of rust in the hatch,
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This will sort of give you an idea as I had rust taken out of my sprinter 2 days ago. For $300 i got both sides done in the exact same spot as yours but it wasn't as bad, done pretty well too. Maybe that'll give you some sort of an idea.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much worse is the rust in the pic compared to yours?
how was yours repaired? new metal grafted in?
where are you located and if in syd where did you get the work done?
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if ur looking at cutting out and fibreglassing itd be a few hundred (including spray)
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Thu, 02 June 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Myn was about half as bad as that, metal was grafted in judging by the solidness of the repair. I'm located in Wollongong and it was done by one of the smash repairers here.

The parts that I had done were pretty close to being completely rusted through but the area of rust was slightly smaller, I would give you pictures but I don't have any of the rust but I could give you pictures of what it's like now.
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Fri, 03 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer man that owuld be sweet. how much did it cost you though?
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Fri, 03 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
top secret which smash repairer in the gong?
was that price cheap because you knew the guys or anything?
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Fri, 03 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smash repairer was Kara's Smash Repairs and no I didn't get any mates rates, I don't know anyone there at all. I was pretty surprised at the price.
WaLLLY it cost me $300. Pictures will be available tomorrow for anyone who would like them.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Cost of rust repair for this situation Fri, 03 June 2005 09:18 Go to previous message
it either has to be done properly or use the car for parts!that is a structual point and my advice is do not drive it at all on the very remote chance you have a front or side impact! i have seen so many sprinters and wrecked a few with rust in exactly the same place, its a factory design fault. it has to be cut out and new sheet welded in and the welding done right. unless the weld load is spread it will never be as good in an impact as original. id prefur you to get to 100 years old and still be a toymoder!it may never happen you have a crash, that it becomes a prob for you but not worth the risk.
mick

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 09:22]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine mounts---HELP????
Next Topic:4agze ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:53:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050840377807617 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.