Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

icon5.gif  ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 06:35 Go to next message
I found a ae92 that is for sale, which the owner says its a fx gt, i thought the fx gt's only came out in a 2 door version? So is he just trying to sell it for more because it has fx gt stickers?
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I am aware australia never got the genuine 2 door AE82 FXGT, My guess is its just some pretty stickers Smile
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a AE82 FX GT in Coffs where i live. Its a 2 door. What engine did they come out with??
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW this is a AE92 5 door version, not the ae82..
I'm pretty sure the ae82 fx's are exactly the same as the twinky but two door..
cheers
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sorry for hijacking ur thread.
I have never heard of a 2 door AE92 myself.
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ae82 fx gt should look something like this:
http://www.twelve100.com/PHOTOS/contributions/BCD/Davy_Jilesen_AE82_FX.jpg

the ae92 fx gt should look something like this:
http://www.twelve100.com/PHOTOS/contributions/A/AE92%20FX%20Europe.jpg

Is this correct?
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i know the AE82 picture is right. And i guess thats what a 2 door AE92 would look like.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen them around.. im pretty sure it was a 5 door. i saw the badging fx. it could have been a 3door.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 01 January 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what you're talking about. it's the badging on the rear hatch, it's actually part of the glass. There are hundreds of Australian AE92 hatches going round with hatches carrying FX GT & FX GT-Z insignias, these are because the original hatch has been replcaced due to accident damage, rust or whatever. The panel beater probably sourced the FX hatches from a jap import wrecker because it's probably cheaper and it's interchangable. I've seen grannies drive CS and CS-X AE92's with FX GT-Z TWINCAM 16 hatch doors.

If you see a 4 door corolla with an FX hatch door, talk him down, say... "So this car has had a smash or rust huh? why doesn't the car have the original hatch?"
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Thu, 02 January 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats what my friend was telling, thanks Julz!!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Thu, 02 January 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While we are on this subject i just noticed that the front of the AE92 FX-GT they have the same style lights and bonnet as the holden nova Smile

Gona try and track down the gt front grill Smile

Richard84
Regular

October 2002
Re: ae92 fx gt Fri, 03 January 2003 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to mention that the AE82/92 FX GTs came with 4A-GEs. If it has a 4A-FC or FE engine then it's a genuine fake!! Talk him down. Let him know you know that the hatch has been replaced for rust or a smash. also, THERE ARE NO FIVE DOOR FX GTs!! Check if its two door. But then, it could also be a GTi in disguise then. Also, I'm damn certain Aust. never got the genuine FX GT, so it has to be an import.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: ae92 fx gt Mon, 06 January 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Thu, 02 January 2003 12:05

While we are on this subject i just noticed that the front of the AE92 FX-GT they have the same style lights and bonnet as the holden nova Smile

Gona try and track down the gt front grill Smile

I've got the GT grill but just be careful coz I've got the last of the AE92 Nova and the grill will fit but there's an absolute huge gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the grill. I presume the headlight clips are higher on the later models than it is on the earlier ones.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: ae92 fx gt Mon, 06 January 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz wrote on Wed, 01 January 2003 22:37

I know what you're talking about. it's the badging on the rear hatch, it's actually part of the glass. There are hundreds of Australian AE92 hatches going round with hatches carrying FX GT & FX GT-Z insignias, these are because the original hatch has been replcaced due to accident damage, rust or whatever. The panel beater probably sourced the FX hatches from a jap import wrecker because it's probably cheaper and it's interchangable. I've seen grannies drive CS and CS-X AE92's with FX GT-Z TWINCAM 16 hatch doors.

If you see a 4 door corolla with an FX hatch door, talk him down, say... "So this car has had a smash or rust huh? why doesn't the car have the original hatch?"

I was going to say this. You can't really change the badge off the glass without taking the rear window out and removing that insignia.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: ae92 fx gt Wed, 08 January 2003 09:56 Go to previous message
where abouts in sydney are you smelly?

mind if i had a look at the grille and see how it would fit up?

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tg-eu gasket kit HELP!!! :(
Next Topic:front wheel drive videoclip
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 02:00:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076038837432861 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.