Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Holden Nova Thu, 02 June 2005 03:35 Go to next message
93-97 Holden Nova = AE101? Don't know much about AUS, but I know Holden is Chevy, and looking through some AUS classifieds I saw what I thought was a Corolla at first, but turned out to be a Nova. IF these are essintially the same cars (drivetrain, engine, suspension) then that will answer many questions about my car all at once.
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Holden Nova Thu, 02 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dead right !

Holden Nova is a rebadged Toyota Corolla (AE92 + AE102)

Holden is owned by General Motors.

They also rebadged the Camry SV21 + SDV10 as the Holden Apollo.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Holden Nova Thu, 02 June 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and get this the rebadged camry aka apollo came out with a 3S-F engine, not a FE (EFI), but a carburettor version, i've never been able to find any info on this carb 3s-f motor it's almost like it was especially for the holden apollo or something.
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys. will be posting pictures of my car in members rides soon, it needs a bath first.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the famous VN-VS Toyota Lexcen,.. Very Happy
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 16:15

and get this the rebadged camry aka apollo came out with a 3S-F engine, not a FE (EFI), but a carburettor version, i've never been able to find any info on this carb 3s-f motor it's almost like it was especially for the holden apollo or something.

learn something new every day!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SFC was a Toyota engine used in SV21 Camry's after they killed off the 1SCi in 1989. Apparently, Toyota thought the 3SFE was a touch exciting for some folks...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDCelica wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 13:45

Dead right !

Holden Nova is a rebadged Toyota Corolla (AE92 + AE102)

No way!
I've seen these cars and often thought them to look like Corollas heaps and I was thinking pffft Holden copied Toyota Rolling Eyes

By rebadged do you mean Holden copied the car or is it literally the same car with Holden badging? So Holden bought the rights to the AE92 Rollas?
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Holden Nova Fri, 03 June 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota supplied Holden with different grille options... that's why the nova's have a FX type grille... they also come with factory tinted rear lenses, series 1 anyway... Evil or Very Mad

I was a very happy kid the day I worked out my nova was a toyota, and then I found out about GZE's... Laughing

The equivelant Holden nova was 2k odd cheaper than the same model Corolla... Holden gets toyota parts in for you cheaper than getting them from Toyota... Wink
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Holden Nova Sat, 04 June 2005 11:02 Go to previous message
inertia wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 00:43

Holden gets toyota parts in for you cheaper than getting them from Toyota... Wink

Now thats interesting. Might have to see about hitting up a local holden dealer for a few things
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3SGTE Question
Next Topic:4A GZE Injector Plugs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:53:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052728652954102 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.