Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Pin Striping no longer avaliable!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon8.gif  Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 01:40 Go to next message
Hey All,

I was chasing from Holden for a full set of pin striping and sticker kit for my Parent's VN Commodore Vactioner Sedan Stickers that were made in 1990...

THEY ARE NO LONGER AVALAIBLE Mad

So how in the hell are we now meant to restore the car? Go aftermarket pin stripping which will look poxy Sad

Oh well... Looks like it's going to be fun chasing for parts like my MA61 and SA63...

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
restoring a VN?

LOGIC ERROR - RECOMPILE
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. Stupid as it may sound, but it's a car that is in better condition then what other cars are on the road.

It's the only car we have that can tow a boat as the ZZT231, MA61 and SA63 can't tow. We have had it since new so... We want to restore it as the paint has gone funny as it was acrillic and we want to do the whole car in 2pac...

Cheers.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pin Stripes look ghey anyway, and it sure as hell won't increase the value of the car.

Just leave them off when its resprayed.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but it's a car that is in better condition then what other cars are on the road

Quote:

We want to restore it as the paint has gone funny

So it's in awesome nic, but has shit paint.

Quote:

Pin Stripes look ghey anyway, and it sure as hell won't increase the value of the car

Agreed, GT stripes over the bonnet, roof and boot would be tasteful though.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 05:46]

Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to rare spares.

They are your friends for this stuff

Jezza
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rallystanza wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 16:08

Go to rare spares.

They are your friends for this stuff

Jezza

Well Rarespares have it online but they no longer have it in stock ~ Contacted HQ this morning Sad

Well the car is similar in condition to that of my MA61 and a bit better as the plastics haven't deteriorated yet Confused

Anyway, I'll hunt around for more and may have to go custom and try and replicate it to the best of my ability...

Cheers...
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panel shops have access to a goldmine of pinstriping, and should be able to get very close to the factory deal. Have you considered getting vinyl graphics made? I'm not saying you should go overboard "2phast 2phurious" style, but a little imagination could have you stylin' in an understated, classy ride.

Think about it. Smile
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:42

restoring a VN?

LOGIC ERROR - RECOMPILE

Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

restoring a VN?

LOGIC ERROR - RECOMPILE

bahah Laughing
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 19:12

restoring a VN?

LOGIC ERROR - RECOMPILE

bahah Laughing

i second that, but in all seriousness youll probably find the same pinstriping at a supercheap. that or go to a body shop... theyll help you out.
as for the stickers.. take a copy to a stickerman and he'll do the rest. or prehaps try on a holden forum?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Fri, 03 June 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

What's the diff between normal pinstriping and vinyl graphics.

For the final part of my restore I need to re-apply the orginal JDM GT pinstripe. I've got the manual with all the various pinstripes Toyota made for the TA22/RA25/RA23/RA28, so I basically need to go to someone who can follow the design and apply it.

seeyuzz
river
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Sat, 04 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get people coming into work all the time looking for pin striping (we havnt sold the stuff for ages). i always tell them to ring someone in the phone book that does custom vinyl stickers etc.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Sat, 04 June 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lot of panel beaters will ahve contacts for someone who does their striping. They will be available somewhere or could be made.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Sat, 04 June 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a roll of just plain pinstriping if you want it....
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Tue, 07 June 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried today to get original GT stripes for my old Celica. As I expected, Toyota Japan (nor anywhere in the world) have sets of these old stripes in stock.

However, I have pictures of what I need and the proper colours and there are numerous detailers that can custom make your stripes.

I assume you can get a piccy of the car, or similar car, with the striping and take this to a detailer and see how much to make a set of stripes for you. Go to a few detailers to get a better idea of price and then get it done.

No need to panic 'cos they are easily made and your car will be back to full original spec.

seeyuzz
river
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Pin Striping no longer avaliable! Tue, 07 June 2005 15:06 Go to previous message
MA61 cant tow? Ho ho Timmy boy, I beg to differ Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I just want bang bang bang
Next Topic:refracting coloured light (for the year 12 physics maniacs)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:55:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050358772277832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.