Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
icon4.gif  Grass Tree Run Sun, 12 December 2004 09:00 Go to next message
hi all,

friend is coming back down to tassie with a newly purchased GT-four. Planning a few runs over grass tree soon, just time trials etc. Anybody else up for it? I don't find 'cruising' around the streets at 60kmph enjoyable when you can go nuts over grass tree instead.

Who is genuinly interested? Don't stress about driving skill, you can only go as fast as you desire without hurting yourself or your car.

Kenneth.
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 12 December 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends wat u call fast, i would like to give it a go in my Supra, but that road is a bit dodgy, but still fun we should get as many people as we can together and go for a fang over there
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to get a few people MAYBE
where the hell is it ?
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam, never thought about running this. I'll be up for it, this is exactly my kinda thing.

I ran the channel highway the other night, from the kingston pub to the lower sandy bay lights and recorded 8 minutes 30 seconds. Thats a fun road...

think i might run grass tree to get familiar with it tonite Smile
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in it, grass tree rocks. bye the way mookie-grass tree hill.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps. a good run is start at sorell, come over the back of penna to richmond, through richmond then over grass tree, that way you go up the grass tree bends, good shit!

pps. mud walls is even better!
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello,

i wouldn't say the roads are 'dodgy' personally, just maybe a little bit more challenging than going to the local wog shop and back. Cars are meant to be thrashed and have the shit driven out of them, so that is why this is a good option!

next might be a run down to cygnet along the coast.

Kenneth.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboke10 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 10:46

next might be a run down to cygnet along the coast.

Kenneth.

Now that's a great idea !
just aslong as we go over woodbride hill that road rocks.
I heard the roads weren't all that smooth at grass tree.
where abouts in tassie is it ????????

negative boost: I bet i can beat that time i used to run deliverie's along that road all the time when i get my new car (and maybe even my licence back) ur on.
It's a fun road along there tho my mate fliped this "borrowd" corrola down a bank along there.
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grass tree in in the south mookie. you can approach it from two ends, basically up or down. refer to muaythaiman's comments on where it is.

maybe you should go for a scout and have a squirt over there. it is adventurous in the wet.

Kenneth.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to go have a look but i lack the 2 things i need a car and a licence.
I hear it's near bridgewater
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie, as below:

Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 13 December 2004 23:26

ps. a good run is start at sorell, come over the back of penna to richmond, through richmond then over grass tree, that way you go up the grass tree bends, good shit!

pps. mud walls is even better!

[muaythaiman]
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grass tree hill is near risdon vale, i got a few people interested in doing it. when do u guys wanna do this ?
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill take ya on mookie but wat car you gunna be driving? this was in the ol celica!

Yeh i went over grass tree today to familiarise myself with it some more today but it was in the wet which was a tad disapointing cuss im no so confident in my car in the wet. and also ive crashed twice in the wet b4 i tend to be easy in the wet.

i reckon we should do it thursday night? im working till midnight wensday. im willing to do it wensday after 12 if everyone else is.

Meeting place, time ect needs to be made

my number is 0409194567 just in case i dont get to go on the forum any time in-between now and the run
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i tried to drift the supra around a corner in moonah and lost it completely and almost hit the gutter (dam LSD!!!) but i can't compete i will b a time marshal, cause i have a fucked rib as u all should know so i will be at the finish or start or watever as a time marshal
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think a bunch of cars racing on a public road would be such a good idea. maybe have a fang on your own, or a mate, but fucking timing marshal?? pfffttt.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na i reckon it would b great fun!!! do it later at night... wat is wrong with doing it ?
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, what is wrong with a fully sanctioned illegal piece of driving with a bunch of toyota enthusiasts going over grass tree? well lots.

and as for time marshalls etc... what the? i would suggest that a clear steer is needed away from the mentality that a 30 car procession will be 'inconspicuous'. der.

but by the sounds of it, mookie especially, if you don't even know where grass tree is then we may not have to worry.

but never frett, time will tell, just make sure you are familiar with the roads so you can't complain when old granny inbred from risdon creeps up your ass with a genuine one owner torana sunbird, only to pass a ricer with a a cannon hanging off the back with 50 cent pumpin at the lowest of bass.

anyway, some people seem to be worrying about the wrong things here.

mookie>> if you are on toymods... why don't you get a car or a licence? or is this just social activity for you? fair enough if it is........

at the same time, TDR_Supra....... what does a broken rib have to do with a not having a drive? surerly your car is smoother than a tabogan?

all i have suggested from this thread is that people may dismiss the idea of 'cruising' as a form of enjoyment in comparison to actually utilising a toyota you have proudly sourced or done up yourself........ isn't it more satisfying? i guess it is all relative too though..

sorry to offend anyone, but i get aggrevated in traffic, and thus, the 'block' ain't the coolest shit going around hey?!?!? i quite regularly do the 'block' looking for a carpark....... why repeat the process!!!!!!!!!

Kenneth.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a broken rib in the back of my rib cage and althought MA61 do have seats that do hug u, being flung around a corner at a great speed will cause me heaps of pain cause i find it hard to sit sometimes, so i dunno if u have ever done it but when u do, u will understand. LOL i like yer quote about the single owner Sunbird drivers!!! and i didn't surgest we have 30 cars doing a time trial at once. i meant we take it 1 by 1, and if we do it later at night then there will b less cops and less traffic if any!! except our only problem is the fact that it is really dark so everyone better hope there high beams work well!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat i meant by marshalls is, have a set track that we can each take it in turns to race around and time it. So u have a person at the start that signals the person with a stop watch at the end so we can time each person
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 14 December 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a car several in fact but my celica isn't finished yet and it's not registered. The drag car isn't leaving my house
and i'm sure as hell not driving the colt.

I also lost my licence, i get it back in june.
so i won't be driving.
depending on cricket i might be able to bring a few people.
i see maybe 5/6 cars coming not 30 so that shouldn't be a problem.

and i think TRD might mean that we will stand guard and let people know if cars are comming .

turboke10 : I totally agree the block is souper douper gay as gay can be.
I dont see the point of it. it's not fun at all it's just a waste of time and petrol.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Wed, 15 December 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i agree with you turboke, grass tree hill is safe to gun around just as long as its in the right conditions and you know the road.

i made a run over it last night and also a seperate run over the proposed sorrel run, that road is dodgy! it is way too bumpy, stick to grass tree.

Anyways from the intersection before the risdon vale turn off, over grass tree hill going north to the duckhole riverulet i ran 7min 21sec. also ran it backwards but forgot to time it. i'm thinking that its more fun run north to south than south to north. also i didn't see one car in the whole time of fanging it over these hills, this was at like 12-1am though Rolling Eyes

just a couple of cars timing themselves over grasstree hill is good enough.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Wed, 15 December 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, its a good road, thats why its a targa road, but so is richmond bridge to penna, thats a better road.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 24 December 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has this just stalled? noone wants to do it anymore?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 24 December 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my car i jsut found out is Unregistered and Uninsured so u will c less of me until its all fixed!!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 24 December 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, but your out cruising around town tonight
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 24 December 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol never mind!!!
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 27 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

Are you guys at all serious? timed runs in flogboxes on public roads? If you're serious, then you are IDIOTS, and I laugh at your stupidity (while at the same time being concerned I am bound to share the roads with such morons).
HOWEVER, If you are joking, then good call, scary thing is that there are actually dickheads around Hobart stupid enough to do that.

Track time at Baskerville is cheap and accessible compared to almost any other circuit in the country. Go out there and have your pissing match, leave it off the forums.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:26]

ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 27 May 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pull the stick out of your arse, although u do have a point. I personally wont be doing any real racing on the roads till the new engine is in and i have a race seat and harnesses
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 27 May 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not "real racing" if its on the road.

A race seat and harness might hopefully keep you alive to get arsepounded by Bubba in the "pink palace" after you come around a corner and clean up a family.

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 27 May 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And we care what u think because ??????
ppl are gunna do it
It's gunna happen why try and act all high and mighty and tell us off for it ?
We know there are risks involved but we do it anyway.
If you think you telling us to stop will work then climb back into your cave mate.

Also you call our cars flogboxes ? I spose you recon your cars a "fully drift spec skyline' huh ?

Oh and it's your shout next day at baskerville.

Mookie
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 02:10

And we care what u think because ??????
ppl are gunna do it
It's gunna happen why try and act all high and mighty and tell us off for it ?
We know there are risks involved but we do it anyway.
If you think you telling us to stop will work then climb back into your cave mate.

Also you call our cars flogboxes ? I spose you recon your cars a "fully drift spec skyline' huh ?

Oh and it's your shout next day at baskerville.

Mookie

I am certain I won't be able to stop it by saying anything, but maybe it might touch off something at the back of your mind to realise just how stupid and ridiculous that sort of behaviour is. Anyone who even considers themself to be a "street racer" is a clown in my estimation, and anyone who actually indulges in it deserves to learn their lesson the painful way (so long as their stupid actions don't hurt anyone else).

My car is just a stock, old skyline, I didn't mention it.
You actually have a car and a license now, "mookie"?

As for my shout, if you want to race you wait until you can pay, thats how it works - nobody is responsible for your leisure apart from yourself.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always had a car but no licence. I get it back very soon.

I bunjee jumper knows the danger but does it anyway ?

I figure it's the same thing.

I personally aren't a big fan of street races that's why when my mate pulls his finger out of his ass and finishes his car we will hire out the drag strip to compare times and much around with a few setups to try and as much power out of our cars as we can.

But honestly if you try and stop ppl from street racing you are wasting your time unless you find an alternative to traffic lights it's gunna happen the best you can hope for is to stay out of the way.

And for the record i've got enough money to hire out baskerville but i can think of better ways to spend my money so i'm not going to.

Mookie
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey floody are u the floody from r31skyline ? if so just return to your r31 skyline club with all the others that drive boats with tyres no one gives a fuck wat u think or say so go and complain to yer buddies back at r31 skyline forums most of them seem to like having someone tell them wat to do... but we don't so fuck off
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 16:18

I've always had a car but no licence. I get it back very soon.

I bunjee jumper knows the danger but does it anyway ?

I figure it's the same thing.

I personally aren't a big fan of street races that's why when my mate pulls his finger out of his ass and finishes his car we will hire out the drag strip to compare times and much around with a few setups to try and as much power out of our cars as we can.

But honestly if you try and stop ppl from street racing you are wasting your time unless you find an alternative to traffic lights it's gunna happen the best you can hope for is to stay out of the way.

And for the record i've got enough money to hire out baskerville but i can think of better ways to spend my money so i'm not going to.

Mookie

You figure its the same thing???????? WTF? Street racing, time trials are illegal. Bungee isn't.

As for hiring out baskerville. You don't have to hire it out, unless you don't want anyone else to see how bad a driver you really are! It costs $50. You can drive around all day. You become a member of the HSCC for another $55, but this membership lasts for 12 months.

and for the record, tarmac is more $$$$ to hire for a day than baskerville, and baskerville has corners. I know where I'd rather spend a day driving my car.

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to spend the day driving my car to autbahn to buy some full sik neons and a wish list SIK MATE SIK
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well i don't really care
It happens there is nothing you can do about it.
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Sat, 28 May 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 18:43

hey floody are u the floody from r31skyline ? if so just return to your r31 skyline club with all the others that drive boats with tyres no one gives a fuck wat u think or say so go and complain to yer buddies back at r31 skyline forums most of them seem to like having someone tell them wat to do... but we don't so fuck off

I've been a member here on Toymods a lot longer than you have - so why don't you bug off into cyberspace, maybe boostlosers or Hot4s forums would be more your style.
As for R31's being boats, I'm not even going to get into just what a weird, evil handling thing an MA61 is. Or the fact that an MA61 is about the same size and weight as an R31. Never let the facts get in the way of a good sledging match, hey?!

As for you, mookie, whatever. You talk shit on the net about street racing and yet you can't even drive on the road legally. Pretty pathetic.

For your own good, I hope something bad happens which you'll learn from.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The R31 is just a ricers commodore!
Just because i don't have my licence at the moment doesn't mean i've never had it.
the reason i lost my licence is not related to street racing anyway.
i don't see why you have decided to come back and get all E-tuff maybe u got dumped or you put a hole in your blow up doll i don't know.
But we were talking about regular car based things b4 u came.
So unless it concerns you or wish to participate then stay out of the conversation
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R31 is a ricers commodore? Thats a new one. I'd love to hear why.
Are you saying they're as common as a commodore? To my knowledge there are less than 10 HR31 skyline coupes in the state.
Or that I'm a ricer? Again, you make this assertion based on what?

Talking about car based things? You were talking about doing sad arsed, illegal things on public roads, hence my response.

Maybe I should stay out of the conversation, nearly anyone else with common sense from Tassie stays out of the TAS forum because of the bullshit posting that goes on.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guy are far too one-eyed!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
floody wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 13:51

R31 is a ricers commodore? Thats a new one. I'd love to hear why.
Are you saying they're as common as a commodore? To my knowledge there are less than 10 HR31 skyline coupes in the state.
Or that I'm a ricer? Again, you make this assertion based on what?

Talking about car based things? You were talking about doing sad arsed, illegal things on public roads, hence my response.

Maybe I should stay out of the conversation, nearly anyone else with common sense from Tassie stays out of the TAS forum because of the bullshit posting that goes on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This must be the bullshit posting he was talking about
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
floody no one wants to hear it.. no one gives a fuck
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Sun, 29 May 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easier to go the brush off when you're outclassed? fair enough.

Haven't got the knowledge or balls to back your insults mookie?

You are losers.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes i do but i really don't think it's worth me risking probation or banning to point out what everybody knows.

I still don't understand why you came here stirring up shit ?

Outclassed if u think you are big enough to insult me from infront of your computer screen then do it face to face unless your scared

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:35]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
floody y do u bother coming on here, u have already pointed out to everyone that u r an internet hero and in front of the keyboard u can take any of us down, so y not just join another forum like Star Wars and have keyboard battles with them there, cause no one wants to hear your negative shit, we only wanna talk about toyota's
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 19:13

cause no one wants to hear your negative shit

quite ironic coming from you Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:38]

floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 12:30

Yes i do but i really don't think it's worth me risking probation or banning to point out what everybody knows.

I still don't understand why you came here stirring up shit ?

Outclassed if u think you are big enough to insult me from infront of your computer screen then do it face to face unless your scared

I came here stirring shit? I simply stated a slightly more mature perspective on a really stupid idea, and proceeded to get flamed for it.

I'm happy to back up each and every thing I said in person.

How am I "keyboard battling" anyone, at least any more than anyone else is?

For the record, I'm a member on this forum because I like toyotas - its just that spending money on my Nissans has so far precluded me from buying one (that and the price rise of AE86's).
I've even spent a fair amount of time working on and driving the things. And I've been a member here longer than, hey, ALL of you (apart from cam) so don't tell me to "fuck off". I was a member long before this bullshit and will be for a long time to come.
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment Im on Mr floods side, as it the more moral approach to the topic at hand.

I prefer not to pick sides or what have you but in this case I am.

This topic is the very reason the toymods board will not allow for a tasmainian toymods club to be formed. Due irrational
behaviour thus giving the toyota and toymods communities a bad image.

I see alot more fun, fairness and safety being had on the track than on grass tree hill or any other road open to the public.

Track times are recorded, there is less chance of injury to everyone be it spectators or drivers, also the boundaries are there to be pushed within the limits of the track, driver and vehicle.

Exactly how many of you know where baskervile is or have actually ever been to a proper track?
I imagine that most of you have. so there is no excuse for not using it. It would have to be one of the most affordable facilities in australia, a day licence coast approx. $60 please correct me if im wrong.
Its cheap as chips so get your mates together and give the track curator a call orgainse a day and go. Driving on the track will sort the people who are all lip from the rest.

I gather most <if not all> members are old enough to drive, being of a more mature age than most and should be learning that there is a level of respect and preservation for others that needs to be met on the roads.

I can see this leading to a heated responce I surgest that people use that energy to organise a track day.

Tassie is a small place and in the end we are all intrested in the same subject; cars.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno y this topic has even re opened ? we did grass tree hill ages ago.. i think some people are just bored
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgive me, but I think age and ego have a lot to do with this heated conversation, same goes for the other topics in the Tas forums. I would be happy to come here and see; "Going to baskerville this saturday" rather than: found some twisties, meet at the DEC, every McDonalds in the state cruise, Let's meet at cambletown, etc, etc, etc.

I don't have anything against people going on a "cruise". But to be honest, it's not my idea of fun. I drive almost 1000k's a week for work, the last thing I want to do is drive the speed limit on the weekends. But I understand some people do. Each to their own.

Another point worth mentioning is the legal aspect of organising a cruise on this forum then actually doing it.

Can I suggest that maybe the Tas section should only be used if you are only talking about a specific "cruise", track day or event as it's stated in the forum rules. This will make the Tassy section appealing to more than just 2 or 3 people, and might actually get more contributers than the few that have been here in the past few months.

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Mon, 30 May 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 23:41

Forgive me, but I think age and ego have a lot to do with this heated conversation, same goes for the other topics in the Tas forums. I would be happy to come here and see; "Going to baskerville this saturday" rather than: found some twisties, meet at the DEC, every McDonalds in the state cruise, Let's meet at cambletown, etc, etc, etc.

I don't have anything against people going on a "cruise". But to be honest, it's not my idea of fun. I drive almost 1000k's a week for work, the last thing I want to do is drive the speed limit on the weekends. But I understand some people do. Each to their own.

Another point worth mentioning is the legal aspect of organising a cruise on this forum then actually doing it.

Can I suggest that maybe the Tas section should only be used if you are only talking about a specific "cruise", track day or event as it's stated in the forum rules. This will make the Tassy section appealing to more than just 2 or 3 people, and might actually get more contributers than the few that have been here in the past few months.

Yeah i fully understand what you mean and to a certain point back you up.
BUT when should we go on a cruise thru some twisty rds chances are (most definatly in my case) I don't go over the speed limit i can honestly say i have the most fun at about 40km/h throwing my car sideways. Call me soft or unskilled or whatever you want actually seeing my friends die in front of me did scare me alot enough to want to have my fun in 2nd gear no higher.

Also if u noticed i said when i hire out the dragway you all were invited.

I was also under the impression going for a "cruise" wasn't the main reason to meet up, I got there to meet ppl and learn new things.

I can honestly say i have the 2nd most fun behind the wheel of my car (you all know what the 1st is). I've worked hard to afford it and really like it so i try to enjoy it when ever i can.

And what does floody expect when he says he's been here longer than us ? so what? it doesn't really bother me. I'm trying to understand why you say something that is obviously going to stir up shit.

Having said that i don't dislike any of you as a person just the way you go about things and certain things you say etc.

Oh and my understanding was: The forum was for anything group related be it a cruise or a change to meet up anywhere being to take photos or whatever.

I did try and tell ppl we were misusing the forums (Yes i know i'm guilty) and i don't really like doing it. But if there is a conversation about either me or something to do with i must participate.

Also a cruise is made up of peers i can suggest to somebody to drive slow and not try and drift a corner but if they do it i don't think it's means to never talk to them ever again.

I've gone on too long it's late I really hope the bullshit stops here.

Mookie
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i fully agree with mookie. The times we have gone out driving around the twisty roads, (remeber with the skylines mookie??) we where barely going over 40!!
When we talk about going flat stick anywhere on the roads, obviously we are going to do it as safely as possible on roads which are as quiet as possible, that is y we thought up grass tree.

What is wrong with meeting at the DEC, its a big open car park, away from peoples houses so there is no one to annoy, and its a good chance for people to meet up and say g'day, plus there is a slighty difference between a cruise and a race... cruising generally means going for a drive along hte roads at a pace which is legal, but also keeps the group together.
I don't understand either y somany peopel are getting upset about us wanting oit go driving and meet up, espically from a skyline driver, when on r31 skyline club they talk about doing huge burn outs and how well there shit open centre diff skylines drift and how they raced a VL doing over 200
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The group meets at the DEC or where ever and social gatherings etc have been good. They are a good chance to meet the people on these forums and talk toyota or what have you.

I dont see these days as a problem, however time trials a night runs on public roads should not be posted in this thread of the forums. Everyone these seems to have a phone call em up or sms them and keep our thread of toymods clean so we can have the privliage of using it.

People just need to let insults slide and stay on track.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear oh dear. Floody I don't know why you dug this thread up that has been dead since last year? I'm sure we've all come a long way since then! Laughing

Be nice people.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:26

Dear oh dear. Floody I don't know why you dug this thread up that has been dead since last year? I'm sure we've all come a long way since then! Laughing

Be nice people.

Laughing Rolling Eyes
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 01:05

And what does floody expect when he says he's been here longer than us ? so what? it doesn't really bother me. I'm trying to understand why you say something that is obviously going to stir up shit.

I've gone on too long it's late I really hope the bullshit stops here.

Mookie

I clipped the quote because I'm only responding to one bit.
And I'd like to say perhaps I mistook your level of maturity , Mookie, most of what you just said is mature and sensible. I like to have fun with my car as well, however well within legal/safe limits - and I get pissed off when people suggest doing stupid stuff like time trials etc, more so when its where I live. I hope you can see where I was coming from.

Now as to why I mentioned being a member for a substantial amount of time, thats not posturing, simply a response to an insinuation I perceived in yours and TRD_Supra's posts that I was a newcomer to the boards and should go elsewhere.

TRD_Supra, have you got anything smarter to say than just bagging out skylines or parroting someone else?
I get equally pissed off on the R31 forums when people spout stupid nonsense, and your quotes about "Racing VL's to 200kmh" and how "shit skylines single spinner drift" apply mainly to one particular member over there, and definitely not to me - I would (and do) react the same way there as here. There is definitely no need to tar all with the same brush - I don't think all supra drivers are wankers because of your behaviour, for example.

Yes, it was poor form to dig up the thread. It seemed close to the top, and to be honest I hadn't looked at the dates. My bad.

Finally, I guess I better fast track buying a Toyota, hey? Anyone know where I can get an AE86 rolling shell? rusty is fine since TRD N2 flares cover a lot of sheetmetal, not to mention an FRP hatch... Very Happy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Tue, 31 May 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen it posted a few times on R31 forums. Plus i am not a Newcomer either, just cause my profile says it. I have anotehr account which i never use anymore, cause i wanted to change my name.

i don't actually have a problem with R31's either just most of hte people that drive them are all fuckwits and go on about the stuff i mentioned earlier.. plus i am not making reference to R31 skyline club now, i have seen heaps of dickheads like that on some of there cruises
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Thu, 02 June 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what where u doing at a skyline cruise if u hate them so much nick? u have too much time on your hands
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 03 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i told ya, me and asher went
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Grass Tree Run Fri, 03 June 2005 14:58 Go to previous message
Ok floody i understand now !
I was really trying to view it from your perspective. But it never ocourred to me that you lived there i can understand what u said now.

But i'm not going to apologise as you insulted us aswell.

oh for the record i am a mature person and not one eyed or anything like that at all. I will genuinly try and see things from the other persons perpective before saying anything.
Also i wasn't there on the the night .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Driftmania Videos
Next Topic:Toyota Photo Night
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:24:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009890079498291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.