Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Initial D movie..Do you guys know that???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86driftstyle
Regular

August 2004
Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 12:43 Go to next message
http://www.initialdthemovie.com/
HAve a look
especially Drifter

Do you think can organise
a day like all ppl go and watch..

I think it will be show in the cinema
in Market City (China Town)
  Send a private message to this user    
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From a friend who is obsessed with the HK pop icon Jay Chou who plays Takumi in tis movie.
It is due out end of this month in China/HK and end of next month rest of the world.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw the trailer a while ago.

This is nearly as bad as the Aussie release of the DVD's

Sprinter price rockets ahoy!!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiZ_ wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 23:51

This is nearly as bad as the Aussie release of the DVD's

Sprinter price rockets ahoy!!!

Got to admit, for those with sprinters already, it's great... if they ever decide they want a different car, they certainly get the chance to cash in!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so much for a second sprinter. Sad
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 03:39

so much for a second sprinter. Sad

ditto Sad
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sat, 04 June 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They should have used a KE70 instead with a 4a-ge in it, then AE86's would be cheap, and KE70's would be worth a fortune! That would work out very well for me. Smile
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sun, 05 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as if this movie will alter the prices of ae86's anymore. The average bob and joe don't watch anime, they dont watch international films.
The only thing bumping up sprinters is their drift status, their a good cheap drift car thats in demand so up the prices go
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Sun, 05 June 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 14:45

as if this movie will alter the prices of ae86's anymore. The average bob and joe don't watch anime, they dont watch international films.

no one outside ae86 and anime fans will watch this movie in australia let alone world wide
RCNIZE
Regular

February 2005
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate Jay Chou, he is a poooof.
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Wed, 08 June 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86driftstyle wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 22:43

http://www.initialdthemovie.com/
HAve a look
especially Drifter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Doylie/history_u_r_here.jpg

Welcome to last year bud..
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Wed, 08 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: double post

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 08:38]

wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Wed, 08 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 12:55]

brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Thu, 09 June 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i mentioned this about two months ago,,,its even more painful for a pure Inital D enthusiast like me who only watches the CLASSIC version and has downloaded most of the eps rather than buying the bastardised TokyoPop versions,,,anyone who knows the anime will realise that the movie is yet again just barely following the plot,,,,,,they are keeping takumi as a tofu deliverer this time thoguh,,,,in the anime they changed him to pizza boy Mad you die tokyopop you die!!! lol
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Thu, 09 June 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 23:34

From a friend who is obsessed with the HK pop icon Jay Chou who plays Takumi in tis movie.
It is due out end of this month in China/HK and end of next month rest of the world.

im guessinf hk pop and j-pop are very similar when i was at the d1 grand prix i couldnt help but buy their official d1 drift cd j-pop has some cool driving music
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 14:45

The only thing bumping up sprinters is their drift status, their a good cheap drift car thats in demand so up the prices go

what do you think started the domio effect that is the rise agin of the 86??? initial D this cartoon (anime)worked in an effect to start people buying sprinters all over again... 1st in japan then the demand grew and came to our shores.. tsuchiya is one of the primary reason for the rebirth of the 86 (he is involved in initial d.. from my understanding)
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you think that they would make an entire anime series on a car that isnt already popular? not likely. The ae86 already had a hugely massive following BEFORE initial d came along in japan. the reason for their inflated price is the cult status that the car holds. The reality is that its just a 20year old rwd corrola with a shity 4ac in it but people arent paying for that. their paying for the "ae86" name and the status the car holds
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed inital d has made the ae86 a clut car and has no doubt also had a hand in making drifting popular
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 14:42

do you think that they would make an entire anime series on a car that isnt already popular? not likely. The ae86 already had a hugely massive following BEFORE initial d came along in japan. the reason for their inflated price is the cult status that the car holds. The reality is that its just a 20year old rwd corrola with a shity 4ac in it but people arent paying for that. their paying for the "ae86" name and the status the car holds

Your right they allready had a cult status in japan but not overseas and people dont buy ae86's for the 4ac they buy them to put 4age's in them amongst other things
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 14:44

Intensevil wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 14:42

Your right they allready had a cult status in japan but not overseas and people dont buy ae86's for the 4ac they buy them to put 4age's in them amongst other things

they had a following IN JAPAN, however i wouldnt say a "hugley massive" following. the cartoon amongst a slight few other things brought the cult here. i dont really mind that it is succesfull i like em and good to see a 20yr old car be still widely loved.

you seem a bit anti-86.. in the end who cares why there here or why they are popular. you may as well ask why do people like celica's. just accept it and enjoy it.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 04:52]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far from anti ae86, i love the things i just cant justify paying hte inflated price for a car that's just an ae71 with a better body
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its called supply and demand my friend you better get used to it at some time otherwise you will be dissapointed alot of your life

i disagree that they didnt have a big cult following in japan the amount of aftermarket parts for ae86's in the second hand parts stores in japan is the only thing to rival the silva and skyline parts.

They have even had a one make series in the past where the drift king himself made his name.

They were also a relativly inexpensive light rwd car with a bit of go so alot of them were turned into weekend racers buy young enthusiests kind of like the WRX here for a while but better

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 05:58]

pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
im not to sure about this movie for many reasons:
1: all the actors are chinese.
2: on the website(which tales about 2 years to load)the story line said that takumi's first race was against the night kids lan evo.
3: in some of the screen shots it looked very fast and furious eg there appeared to be a drift team all wearingthe same weird jackets.
but it might be good. hopefully
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 15:32

far from anti ae86, i love the things i just cant justify paying hte inflated price for a car that's just an ae71 with a better body

So your saying youd rather pay less for a fat ugly pro then a hot petite pro? bwahaha
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrod_POWA wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 16:30

hey,
im not to sure about this movie for many reasons:
1: all the actors are chinese.
2: on the website(which tales about 2 years to load)the story line said that takumi's first race was against the night kids lan evo.
3: in some of the screen shots it looked very fast and furious eg there appeared to be a drift team all wearingthe same weird jackets.
but it might be good. hopefully

The chinese actors listed for the credits of this film have had their amount of experience and I have seen a number of flicks with the same names and they were pretty good.
However to me it is just debateable whether they would suit "Initial D". Even just the comparison to the way cantonese and japanese sounds when it flows off the tongue. My biggest debate there is about Edison playing Ryosuke (in the anime Ryosuke has a certain "presence" reinforced quite a bit by the tone of voice) [Other debate is the non-existanc eof the FD and Keisuke).
But........ well thinking of Takumi, wheneva he is not driving he is a braindead looking idiot who is slow in the head. Although he can sing, I think Jay Chou suits such a role haha!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 15:53

They have even had a one make series in the past where the drift king himself made his name.

Eh? What do you mean? Confused
In the first series he's on the phone with Bunta.. and they show footage of him drifting once or twice.. is that what you meant?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Initial D movie..Do you guys know that??? Fri, 10 June 2005 18:06 Go to previous message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 03:56

The chinese actors listed for the credits of this film have had their amount of experience and I have seen a number of flicks with the same names and they were pretty good.
However to me it is just debateable whether they would suit "Initial D". Even just the comparison to the way cantonese and japanese sounds when it flows off the tongue. My biggest debate there is about Edison playing Ryosuke (in the anime Ryosuke has a certain "presence" reinforced quite a bit by the tone of voice) [Other debate is the non-existanc eof the FD and Keisuke).
But........ well thinking of Takumi, wheneva he is not driving he is a braindead looking idiot who is slow in the head. Although he can sing, I think Jay Chou suits such a role haha!

Hmm.. would've been nice to have Jap actors do it though.. I'm sure most people download the eps and are used to the Japanese voices. I didn't know there wasn't a keisuke? Last time I checked there was?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Floating car on the news?
Next Topic:When your not using open quads to air...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 15:51:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067920684814453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.