Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sat, 04 June 2005 13:32 Go to next message
Just curious if you think Gran Turismo 4 is a good measure of car's performance, comparing to each other as in real life.
As it is a game, but quite a good game.
As in how an BMW M3 would perform against an NSX-R etc.
Or even with more variables, as a highly tuned FC3S would perform against a stock R34 GTR.

What do you personally think.

And the PC is an even more powerful machine.
Do you know of any car games/simulators which in realism are considerably better than GT4. Probably made in Japan, and not highly known.....
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sat, 04 June 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to say PC wise you would have to choose either Live For Speed or the new GTR Racing game...
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sat, 04 June 2005 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTR Racing Game.. oooooh nice.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sat, 04 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, GT4 is a shit gauge of cars. The physics in that game are all screwed up! It almost seems as though everything was patched together into one dissapointing package (I really wanted to race those wooden 1 cylinder carts!).

Live for speed is very realistic compared to GT4 Smile I love that game! Can do some awesome drifts Wink
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sat, 04 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
although LFS has a great physics engine, it doesnt have real model cars, so comparisons cant really be done.

is it nonetheless, a great game
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sun, 05 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, I meant one with real cars. There is a simulator a friend has that only has Toyotas and Nissans, however it is quite good.
I really wanna use my 900degree steering wheel on something else. Starting to seem like a waste of money... Cause it is USB port no other ps2 game really recognises it.... Wonder if someone has written a patch/utility for the PC to pick it up from its USB.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Sun, 05 June 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 10:07

Yea, I meant one with real cars. There is a simulator a friend has that only has Toyotas and Nissans, however it is quite good.
I really wanna use my 900degree steering wheel on something else. Starting to seem like a waste of money... Cause it is USB port no other ps2 game really recognises it.... Wonder if someone has written a patch/utility for the PC to pick it up from its USB.

apparantly they're working on it,

god bless nerds.

Eldar.O.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Tue, 07 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LFS is the greatest.

Pity there aint no Toymods Private LFS server, that would be sweet...

That is all.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Wed, 08 June 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 14:49

LFS is the greatest.

Pity there aint no Toymods Private LFS server, that would be sweet...

That is all.

Lucid only clicked into this thread to see what Rex had to say..
Lucid was expecting something much wittier.. Sad
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Wed, 08 June 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Celica XX GT 2800 is way to slow!! so its a crap game Very Happy Rolling Eyes no i like the game it isn't all thay realist and hte phsyics are not close to reality but still fun!
turboii
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Wed, 08 June 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the prob with gt4 is that no matter what size turbo you jam on a car, you can still get full boost at 1000 rpm. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Have been mucking around with FORZA MOTORSPORT on the xbox, and its not to bad. Not many old cars on there. But have got the 2000GT and some mad veilside supras that run 10 sec quarters!!!!

The physics are so good to......even to the point that if you run off the track and hit the wall the car impacts differently depending if its a tyre barrier, armco, or concrete!

Still, you gotta love the flamage on gt4! Cool
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Wed, 08 June 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LFS with the engine/car modifier
mmm XR-GT with maranello engine anyone?
or how about a 450hp 4wd XF-GTI? Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:41 Go to previous message
turboii wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 22:20

the prob with gt4 is that no matter what size turbo you jam on a car, you can still get full boost at 1000 rpm. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Have been mucking around with FORZA MOTORSPORT on the xbox, and its not to bad. Not many old cars on there. But have got the 2000GT and some mad veilside supras that run 10 sec quarters!!!!

The physics are so good to......even to the point that if you run off the track and hit the wall the car impacts differently depending if its a tyre barrier, armco, or concrete!

Still, you gotta love the flamage on gt4! Cool

what?

boost on my r32 GTST hits at a late 4000 rpm.

aswell as the big penis extension of a turbo which is my supra's.

i find it fugging annoying lol.

my favourite most funnest cars so far is my ae86, which has MASSIVE amounts of lag, which makes drifting it, or attempting to, at least, a whore, because theres no power at the start of a silde, then you drop a gear, and the arse end just whips out because of the massive loss of traction.

the ae86 is second only to my Lotus elise and MR-S which handle like go carts, and are some of the quickest around the technical tracks, i regularly beat rx-7s, s15's, supras, skylines around the technical tracks.

the toyota RSC RAID rally car is a fun bit of kit too...

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:so i got to drive a quick car today...
Next Topic:Targa Tassie 2005 - General Stuff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 02:11:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065059661865234 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.