Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
imprsv
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 04:32 Go to next message
Hey guys, i got myself a stock as sprinter.. Garaged for the past 5 years and got it for a lovely $1500 with tiny bit of rust, 4AC engine still working etc Very Happy Paint hasnt got one scratch on it!

Well, the question is what to do with the remaining $4500? Looks are not a problem.. More engine wise?

Considering i dont have much time on my hands being a full time student, and working i will be getting it done by a mechanic.. What can i get done for this amount?

Thanks alot

- Trent
  Send a private message to this user    
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suggest you suck up to someone on this forum and ask them to help you (or pay em a lil) do a home transplant during the night of a 4age.. with left over cash get yourself some cams, springs, and exhuast and some 15" jap style wheels then tint it.. leave a lil for a cd player
some one would be able to set out a price structure for you.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're in Melbourne too. Come to one of the cruises/meetings/BBQs and get to know some of the people. Might be able to scab some free labour.. well not free Razz You're gunna have to provide plenty of food and beer. But its fun!!
imprsv
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking out for the cruises/bbq's etc can't find much and i dont know how much hammering this 4AC will take.. Ive had it a week or so and the clutch is already feeling funny Razz

Hopefully ill get to one soon! Is beer known as payment too? Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well last time I helped a mate pull out his 4ac, I got 2 pieces of chicken and a drink for it. So yeah, I'd say its payment Surprised Just hang in there dude. It's exam period at the moment. There is bound to be a BBQ right after... will be expecting you to be there Smile
imprsv
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After exams shouldn't be too much of a problem! Hopefully i can get it done under budget Razz
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sat, 04 June 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of car do you want it to be? handle well? straight line or in true sprinter style drift. When i bought mine the first thing i did was engine swap and i've been regreting it ever since. I got a "Good" cond 4AGZE and droped it in and the hassels started from there. Personally if i could do it all again i'd go susp, brakes, wheels then put the motor in, it'd be hard driving a 4A-c around for so long but it would out corner and out brake alot of other cars out there. plus, Toycam has a 4a-c in his still, and went to the most recent wakefield dirft day and did really well, stock diff too, just good brakes and well set up suspension. oh, and a good driver.

just my thoughts and ideas for you. good luck, maybe i'll get a chance to see it if u come to canberra.

later, J
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sun, 05 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy another 2 sprinters tidy them up and sell them then you will have $7000 to spend on your car.
my real advice is to wait and drive it. search high and low for awhile and get good quality secound hand parts for cheap eg wheels,engine,shocks etc{bargins do come around if you wait}, and get the parts together and then start.take your time and you will save lots of money and have a shit hot sprinter. go on cruises and the like, ask lots of questions of people of the forum about suspenssion,wheels and engines that have a spinter and you will have a better idea before you even spend a dollar.
mick
imprsv
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sun, 05 June 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like im almost contemplating selling it, really dont want the hassle of waiting around.. Might just sell it and save up some more and buy a R32 or something like that.. Seems like sprinters are trouble..

-Trent
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Sprinter Conversion Sun, 05 June 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are and they aren't - if you're not any good at doing stuff yourself, you have to be careful who you get friendly with, or they might just start charging far too much for utter scrap... On the other hand, if you can get friendly with the RIGHT people, with the sort of money you've got etc., you should be able to get a nice little car to drive around in.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sprinter Conversion Sun, 05 June 2005 09:10 Go to previous message
imprsv wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 17:37

Looks like im almost contemplating selling it, really dont want the hassle of waiting around.. Might just sell it and save up some more and buy a R32 or something like that.. Seems like sprinters are trouble..

-Trent

yep do that

kaythanxbye
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Perspex Windows
Next Topic:1GGTE Problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 14:00:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039858818054199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar