Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Speedy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 02:40 Go to next message
I don't know if you guys accept this kind of post, regarding illegal issues, SilviaNSW doesn't but here we go.

I was caught doing 160 last night in an 80 zone and I have to appear in court on the 11 in July and I was wondering if anyone here knew anythingor hd any experince in such a matter. I'm just after advice or if anyone knows exactly what the punishment(s) are?

Any help would be great, thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 02:43]

Send a private message to this user    
Speedy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah I also have to break it to my parents too, thats gonna be fun Sad Help/advice please.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate 160km/h in an 80 zone... Hate to break it to you but you are well fucked. Goodbye license, hello massive fines. Doing double the speed limit like that i really don't have much sympathy for you anyway. All i can say to you is good luck.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 13:03

you are well fucked

much

holy crap, you're gone Shocked
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okies my friend got nearly the exact thing happen to him (in QLD though, from your post i gather your in NSW).

He was racing this other car and hammered by a cop at a set of lights (so a exact speed was not recorded and i think it may have been more for racing), obviously the chase was on and they were both pulled over. The cop had to go to a disturbance call so he didn't tow them, but otherwise was gonna.

He found a note on his car the next day giving him a court date and the fine of "racing and driving without undue care and attention". He had a perfectly clean record and his friend was not so clean.

His court day came and he stated "I have a clean record this is my first offense and we know you have a busy day your honer so we plead guilty" to try and get it over and done with and hope to get a bit lenient for being nice.

He and his friend got 6 months of no license and about $700 fine. that is what i would be expecting.
Speedy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats kind of what I had in mind, I hope to get away with six months, I'm on my red P's so I'm extra fucked. I should've run I was near my favourite road and it goes into the middle of nowhere so i should've kept going they were just traffic people in a station wagon.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also go caught at 150 in the little gti at the hume (110 zone)lost it for a year and something.
My best advice would be live and learn.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedy wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 13:18

I should've run.....

You SHOULD'VE done the speed limit.....
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 14:25

Speedy wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 13:18

I should've run.....

You SHOULD'VE done the speed limit.....

Laughing Laughing

all i can say is, Your Fucked Very Happy (in a Carl Barron voice Very Happy)

160 in an 80 zone...
Instant loss of licence, some nice big fines and dont expect to be able to drive for the next year at least.

cheers
chris
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bend over and think happy thoughts...also buy a donut ring Smile
It'll help ease the pain of sitting after you get reamed.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/jail.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope u like the bus...
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Your Fucked (in a Carl Barron voice )

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86driftstyle
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Luck..

My advice is...
Just Speeding on Tracks!!!
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... or u could get "Driving in a matter dangerous to the public"

Which is 12 month minimum loss of license or 3 years maximum loss of license + $800 min or $3000 max

I got done doing 120 in a 80 zone and i got the minimum of 12 months loss and $800 loss of license.

Best thing for u to do is plea gulity and get it over and done with, id suggest getting some legal representation before this court date. Most Judges hate traffic offenses dragging on with ajournments and shit so its best to get it over with, and u get your license back sooner rather than knowing the judge is goin to rip u a new ass hole; going thru court for months and months as it is rather stressful.

Good luck. And one more thing; When u get your license back DRIVE SAFE AND STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT! Because if u commit anuther offense similiar to the one u are getting u might expect some weekend detentions or possible jail time even... And dont drive without a license too, cuz u will have to go back to court n u would get soooo Wallaped!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80 over the limit.... I'd be expecting a fine of $1k minimum. on your red P's, the judge is going to have precisely fuckall sympathy (yes your honour, I have a clean driving record for all of the 8 months I've been driving). a 6 month suspension absolute minimum. 12 is a real probability
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speedy its people like you that give the rest of us a bad name. i hope you get fucked right over.
cheers ben
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i checked the rta site (assuming you're in nsw), and it's 6 points for 45+ over. you only have 4 points on red p's
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed take it as a harsh lesson if i do speeds like that i know full well what will happen to me if i get caught and i am willing to accept that.

Im just really glad that the cop booked you and you didnt wrap yourself arround a pole or worse still hit and kill someone else.

Doing things like this give the media and goverment more reasons to restrict young drivers and insurance companys to charge us huge premiums.

Im assuming you drive a performance car of some type if this is the case my advice to you would be to get legal advice and advertise the car for sale so that the judge can see that you are doing something to prevent yourself from doing it again.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 09:31]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever you get, which i hope you get maximum everything, you deserve every bit.

Eldar.O.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:24

i checked the rta site (assuming you're in nsw), and it's 6 points for 45+ over. you only have 4 points on red p's

yeah but in a case of 80km over no doubt the charge will not only be speeding but also driving in a manner dangerous or such which will incur a greate penalty.

quite honestly id be worried about possible gaol time. my advise.. get a solicitor.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:52

yeah but in a case of 80km over no doubt the charge will not only be speeding but also driving in a manner dangerous or such which will incur a greate penalty.

exactly. much fining
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

quite honestly id be worried about possible gaol time. my advise.. get a solicitor.

i doubt thed send him to goal for a first offece if he was a serial speeder then that might be an issue even then unlikly unless he caused an accident etc...

either way he wont be driving for quite a while which makes me feel safer
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is about the only excuse that would possibly work...

Quote:

Your Honour, I appologise for the excessive speed which I was traveling at on <insert date here> along <insert road here>.
I realise it is not safe to be travelling at such high speeds, however, I was doing so in fear for my life.
Prior to being pulled over by Constable <insert cops last name here> I was chased by a 4-5 individuals driving <insert name of common car with better performance capabilities than yours> whom I believed were attempting to cause me harm.

PS Don't try it unless you can back it up otherwise you will probably get yourself into more trouble.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 12:12]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Sun, 05 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theyve heard it all b4 they hear cases like yours all the time they will see straight through this lie
Speedy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in my mums car so no selling it, I'm stuffed and I'm talking tomy chem teacher cuz her husband is a solicoter to i should be ok ish we were checkin out the RTA sitew and fine = 2200 with 6 month minimum, ice got to tell my parents this arvo so it was nice knowing you people
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my advice-
1) sell your car now if your not to fond of it, its much easier to sell a car when you can take the person for test drives) also if i were buying a car of soemone that had lost their lisence i would offer em way below asking price.
2) dress nice on your court date and be a brown nose
3) start praying

seriously though youll have to face facts that your lisence is going away for a while and a fine is comin your way.

keep us up to date
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 22:11

This is about the only excuse that would possibly work...

Quote:

Your Honour, I appologise for the excessive speed which I was traveling at on <insert date here> along <insert road here>.
I realise it is not safe to be travelling at such high speeds, however, I was doing so in fear for my life.
Prior to being pulled over by Constable <insert cops last name here> I was chased by a 4-5 individuals driving <insert name of common car with better performance capabilities than yours> whom I believed were attempting to cause me harm.

this literally happened to me when i was in my cressida... i didnt get caught by police, but went straight to the police station afterwards

that was on NYE

its now june 6th... still nothing has happened, none of them got in trouble.

The system works, eh?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 22:07

i doubt thed send him to goal for a first offece if he was a serial speeder then that might be an issue even then unlikly unless he caused an accident etc...

either way he wont be driving for quite a while which makes me feel safer

i remember reading about a kid somewhere on the hume hwy got caught going 180-200ish keeping in mind that was on 110 road. and ended up in gaol for 6months ish. that said they threw the book at him and i dont know/remember if he had a history. could quite possibly have a history.. but gaol time if something id certiainly be worried about. especially if the judge is a hard arse / his missus stopped putting out or the likes.

quite frankly i agree with people in smoe other threads that many speed limits are antiquated and somewhat inappropriate and do cater for the lowest common denominator. *however* i genuinly doubt that any road in NSW that is rated at 80 is genuinly suitable for 160. there certainly are some freeway components that are currently 110 that should be 160 but as far as low grade hwy/ arterial road that is currently 80 most are *fairly* reasnable. at most they should be 90-100.

so i cant see any justification in going 160 on them it is simply unnessecary and dangerous. good chance esp if your only 17 on yuor p's you will get the book thrown at you. perhaps if yuor in the slammer your folks wont kill you Razz
Speedy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I talked to my friends whos sister is a cop and he said that she said that I cant go to gaol as i'm not yet 18. But fortunently for me I can get a character refence from the principal at school as she thinks im a great kid Smile but im hopping for minimisation. I will have enough cash left over to buy a competition go-cart so ill see how far i can go in comps, that will keep me sane.

But yeah i'm fucked, i have a month and a bit before the court appearance so my parents will still kill me Sad

Wish me luck people i think ill tell them tonight, thats my biggest worry. I'll keep you goys posted on the facts, I know one thing though, its a max fine of 2200 and min suspension of 6 months.

And the local judge, judge dick is well a dick ( thats his real name)

Once again nice knowing you people.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
USE DISPENCER SOAP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...and your asshole.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or is that use dispenser soap on your arse hole Rolling Eyes
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 15:16

No body likes a dirty cornhole.....
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 16:16

unforgiven wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 15:16

No body likes a dirty cornhole.....

might as well keep bubba happy... he might treat you right then
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seriously doubt hell send you to the slammer i dont think judges like to send otherwise good kids to goal because the got caught speeding. I have a friend who was being stupid and got caught doing 200km/h in a 60 zone he had just got his licsense back after being suspended for the 2nd time for 6 months and he only got a 1yr suspension and a big fine having said that he is selling his car to buy a boat which i think is sensible
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 06 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck man. i'd hate to be in your shoes right now.
but atleast you're still living with your parents. ie your life doesnt depend on your car.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can talk about ur case here, but I doubt u'll get any advice at this moment..

http://www.roadlegaloz.com.au

yes many 80 roads should've been 100-110km/h, but 160km/h is really excessive, unless u are well trained and know what u're doing, but still 160km/h is excessive unless it's a road with wide 2 lanes or 3 lanes with no side roads and intersection, low traffic volume, so hope you've learnt a lesson, and learn to respect other road users too, as it's not pleasant to pass other cars at high speeds, they don't see you coming and it's a dangerous act.
120kwKE20
Occasional Poster

May 2005
120kwKE20
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy a new tooth brush and soap on a rope fuckwit ...shame you didnt loose control and slam into a tree ....
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go down to the local Police garage holding yard, and have a good look at the cars involved in fatal crashes. Then count yourself lucky and cop your punishment like a man.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 12:02

Go down to the local Police garage holding yard, and have a good look at the cars involved in fatal crashes. Then count yourself lucky and cop your punishment like a man.

true.

Speedy, if anything mate, learn from this. A car is to be respected and so are the laws governing their use on public roadways. It's not your god-given right to drive, its a privilege you can enjoy after attaining a license to do so. We all love high speeds and the adrenaline rush associated with it, but Eastern Creek track days cost $200 a day and there isn't any boys in blue on the track, so u get to drive home.

Smile Kinda cheaper in the long run isn't it?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well you find me a track other than wakefield that'll let me on aparts from oran park for drifts. Thats right eastern creek does not let p-platers out on track days.
Yes what you did was extremely stupid, but just thought i point out flaws in your take it off the street argument
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ON this topic.

Who saw the git last night on the news who was clocked at 224km/h on the highway between Canberra and Sydney. He had only had his P's for 3 weeks!!! Shocked

When the young chap was caught by the police he told them he thought he was only doing 184 km/h Rolling Eyes

When interviewed the Chinese uni student said he was very scared and it was dark and he just wanted to get home quickly. He had two passengers in the car as well Rolling Eyes

He also used the excuse that it wasn't his car so he was not used to it and it caused him to speed Rolling Eyes

The whole thing wreaked of someone who should have never been given a licence in the first place.

He lost his licence for a year and was given a ~$2200 fine.

NB. He was also caught only days earlier doing 140km/h but I can't remember what speed he was meant to be doing.

What a crazy mofo, I am damn certain he didn't have the skills/ability/experience to even be doing the speed limit let alone double it Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 03:15]

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Tue, 07 June 2005 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its odd to see most of you boys slaggin off the cops , pretty much about everything, then this guy speeds (not uncommon) and you all back the cops ...Laughing Laughing

its wierd what people believe in sometimes Sad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Wed, 08 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedy wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 12:48

Yeah thats kind of what I had in mind, I hope to get away with six months, I'm on my red P's so I'm extra fucked. I should've run I was near my favourite road and it goes into the middle of nowhere so i should've kept going they were just traffic people in a station wagon.

I thought you were dumb from the first post, and now I know you are really dumb. Rolling Eyes
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Wed, 08 June 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed with bbaacchhyy. You've learnt nothing and should have your license thrown away for good. In fact if I'd been unlucky enough to be in the area you were doing it I'd have pulled you over and pimp-slapped you myself.

And you want legal advice. Grab your ankles and cop it.

As for appropriate speed limits, our roads are not capable of sustaining high speeds and cannot be compared to the Autobahn. Roadbase of the Autobahn is 27in thick and built so that there is not the slightest ripple. Our roadbase on freeways is 11-12 in thick (someone correct me if thats) wrong. Gradients and curves are also strictly controlled as is wildlife access. Billions are spent maintaining Autobahn every year. Thats just the start of it.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Wed, 08 June 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I were you I would consider super gluing my asscrack shut. Probably won't help though.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Wed, 08 June 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too bad in this forum people rather flame, instead of taking the problem seriously.

coFF33 wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 03:08

its odd to see most of you boys slaggin off the cops , pretty much about everything, then this guy speeds (not uncommon) and you all back the cops ...Laughing Laughing

its wierd what people believe in sometimes Sad

the reason behind this is the psychology, they wish they've got the guts to do these kind of things, but they don't, so they flame people who does it, but when it's their turn to get caught when the law said they're doing something wrong, they start whinging, does flaming other people really gets any problem solved?

you guys are pathetic in getting your priorities right. Do you really think we have a speeding problem? yes 160 in a 80 zone sounds dangerous, and you wouldn't do it because you'll get caught and penalised.
It's a stupid decision, and if there's anyone around other than themselve, then they're outright irresponsible, and that's all it is. Compared to rape, murder and robbery, it's nothing, it's not delibrate harm.
It's a psychology problem, and that's all it is, IRRESPONSIBILITY. If the government really views this as a problem, they'll spend more in education, tougher on licensing.
Parents and peers' got as much responsibiliy as anyone else, and as a youth, there's a psychology thinking, that if you never try it, you'll never know. As a youth, most of them wants to try 180+km/h just to see how it feels, for a lot of people, this wish must be fulfilled. They want to prove to themselve, prove to their friends that they can do it.
I'm sure a lot of people have done it, and probably less than 1/100 of them have ever got caught, as part of the driving education, they must let these people try these dangerous acts somewhere, just to fulfil their wish, because if you never try it, you never know.
No one at 17-18 year old would think, oh yeah, there's ashpate ripples on the road, the car will become unstable at high speeds, maybe some dog and cats will jump out then I'll lose control when I try to swerve, maybe there's a pothole in the ground then my steering will get affected.
Will you really process that much information before you take each individual action when you are 17 year old?
But too bad the government is more interested in revenue raising, and when something bad happens, they start pointing fingers at SPEED, SPEED KILLS, which in turns gives them more power to install more cameras, more speeding fines.
But do we really have a speeding problem? How many people drive 30km/h above limit each day and how many of them get killed???
You hear a couple of skylines wrx wrap around some poles every couple of weeks, but that's out of how many cars that arrive safely to their destinations at the same time period?
And how many poor souls got raped, killed and robbed in the same time period?
How many people die of hospital mal-treatment?
How many people suicide due to social problems?
How many people die of drug addiction and overdose?
How many people die of lung cancer because of smoking?
If you know those figures, we definately don't have a SPEED problem, we have a government GREED AND IGNORANCE problem! And we also have a general public IGNORANCE problem as shown in this forum, flame on!

[paragraphs & fullstops added for easier reading
86tt, learn some grammar please. That was the longest sentence I've ever read. Made it very difficult]

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 04:52] by Moderator

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Need Legal Advice Wed, 08 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ best post ever

edit: just needs paragraphs

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 23:49]

brann
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 12:23

hmmm well you find me a track other than wakefield that'll let me on aparts from oran park for drifts. Thats right eastern creek does not let p-platers out on track days.

Sorry about the off topic but, find yourself a CAMS affiliated car club and join. Your CAMS level 2 speed licence costs $80 and then you can attend any autocross type event that is running. Most cars clubs which organise these welcome members from other clubs (as it increases revenue). So long as you have your CAMS's license then you don't need your civil licence on the track.

We just ran an autocross at the oran park dirt circuit. I spent most of the time going sideways around the corner. Had an absolute ball and if you did loose it there was nothing to hit.

Cheers,
Adam.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86tt, your my hero Rolling Eyes

if only i was as smart as you, i would like, take over the world or something...

next time, make your text legible.

for example:

Quote:

You guys are pathetic in getting your priorities right, do you really think we have a speeding problem? yes 160 in a 80 zone sounds dangerous, and you wouldn't do it because you'll get caught and penalised, it's a stupid decision, and if there's anyone around other than themselve, then they're outright irresponsible, and that's all it is, compared to rape, murder and robbery, it's nothing, it's not delibrate harm, it's a psychology problem, and that's all it is, IRRESPONSIBILITY, if the government really views this as a problem, they'll spend more in education, tougher on licensing, parents and peers' got as much responsibiliy as anyone else, and as a youth, there's a psychology thinking, that if you never try it, you'll never know.

As a youth, most of them wants to try 180+km/h just to see how it feels, for a lot of people, this wish must be fulfilled, they want to prove to themselve, prove to their friends that they can do it, I'm sure a lot of people have done it, and probably less than 1/100 of them have ever got caught, as part of the driving education, they must let these people try these dangerous acts somewhere, just to fulfil their wish, because if you never try it, you never know, no one at 17-18 year old would think, oh yeah, there's ashpate ripples on the road, the car will become unstable at high speeds, maybe some dog and cats will jump out, then, I'll lose control when I try to swerve, maybe there's a pothole in the ground then my steering will get affected.

Will you really process that much information before you take each individual action when you are 17 year old? But too bad the government is more interested in revenue raising, and when something bad happens, they start pointing fingers at SPEED, SPEED KILLS, which in turns gives them more power to install more cameras, more speeding fines, but do we really have a speeding problem?

How many people drive 30km/h above limit each day and how many of them get killed??? You hear a couple of skylines wrx wrap around some poles every couple of weeks, but that's out of how many cars that arrive safely to their destinations at the same time period? And how many poor souls got raped, killed and robbed in the same time period? How many people die of hospital mal-treatment?

How many people suicide due to social problems? How many people die of drug addiction and overdose? How many people die of lung cancer because of smoking? If you know those figures, we definately don't have a SPEED problem, we have a government GREED AND IGNORANCE problem! And we also have a general public IGNORANCE problem as shown in this forum, flame on!

congratulations, youve just attempted to, and failed to, explain the reasoning behind doing 160 km/h in an area designated, by law, as 80 km/h.

hooray for you, especially if you think he doesnt deserve all this negative attention, he even stated he shouldve driven on, and out run the police, and your trying to justify that, heres a justification, STUPIDITY, not IRRISPONSIBILITY is exactly the reason for this incident, he never said he didnt do it, hes taking responsibility for it.

why dont you lead a march upto the government house in canberra and protest some shit? this has nothing to do with people dying of other causes, this has to do with ONE person, doing some stupid shit, which, i think, he wont attempt to do again, doesnt this mean, that the method of handing down punishment, is, effective?

i know of a kid thats written off two HRT R8 Maloo Utes, and now drives a 2004 WRX, yet, he doesnt seem to learn his lesson? it all has to do with the individual, not "P-Platers" or "young drivers" as a group, the government is making an effort to make people learn their lessons by handing down a punishment, no matter how harsh it seems, is far less harsh than losing you life, or the life of another person.

the system works, FOR MOST PEOPLE, not everyone.

but then again, your right.... right?

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brann wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 12:42

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 12:23

Sorry about the off topic but, find yourself a CAMS affiliated car club and join. Your CAMS level 2 speed licence costs $80 and then you can attend any autocross type event that is running. Most cars clubs which organise these welcome members from other clubs (as it increases revenue). So long as you have your CAMS's license then you don't need your civil licence on the track.

We just ran an autocross at the oran park dirt circuit. I spent most of the time going sideways around the corner. Had an absolute ball and if you did loose it there was nothing to hit.

Cheers,
Adam.

hmm yeah an idea, but i'm not really fond of thrashing a car on dirt, track is ok but dirt meh, i am talking about when i get a better car at the end of the year and it wouldn't be taken on the dirt. Hmm did that autocross day correspond with a drift day cos if it did i was at oran park spectating the drift and saw some of the dirt action from a distance.
If I was keeping the rona i would go down this path, but the thing is it would only be a couple of times a year i did something like this just as a relief and it shits me that the tracks closest to me don't allow p-platers on. Oran park does i think but not many private track days there cos its always being used for driver training etc. And a dirve to wakefield is cool but if something breaks its a long tow home.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
120kwKE20 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 11:35

Buy a new tooth brush and soap on a rope fuckwit ...shame you didnt loose control and slam into a tree ....

These kinds of comments are not welcome on this forum.
Consider this a warning. Personal attacks & wishing people harm are not on.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 13:10

if only i was as smart as you, i would like, take over the world or something...

next time, make your text legible.
Eldar.O.

EldarO: just a quick guess, please don't be offended, you're at least 40 year old or getting close to it?

and why you even care how my text was typed? I'm not here writing a newspaper article, this is a forum...

You don't have to be too smart to work out there's definately a problem with the system, how many fines were handed out by the so called SPEED KILLS campanign? How many people were fined? How many life did they save? Why is the death toll still getting out of control?

If you know a kid who's written off 2 utes, that's either he never got punished, or the punishment wasn't enough, but did he hurt anyone? Did he raped, injured, killed or robbed anyone? He's definately's got an attitude problem, and who's responsible? To have him written off 2 cars and still get a 2004 WRX to drive? This is a problem with his parents and peers if this "kid" really exist, if this parent can keep giving him performance vehicle although he's wrecked a few, this would certainly mean $thousands of fines won't affect him either, would it? And you think the system is working?

The goverment and police and fining people that is going from 2km/h to 30km/h+ over the speed limit, but tell me, on your next trip, count the number of cars that are driving over the speed limit, are they dangerous? How many accidents you see? How many people get killed? I'm not suggesting to drive over the limit, but it's obvious the limit is ridiculously set up, and less than 50% are following it, the speed limit should only be a guideline, there should be more education and responsibility on the driver's behalf to decide what's best to do. Following the limit blindly is just another way to cause more disaster, a road may be suitable for 90km/h on a sunny dry day in light to medium traffic, but is suitable for 70km/h on a sunny dry day in heavy traffic, but should only be driven at 35km/h in heavy fog and rain, what should be the posted limit for this road? Post it at 60km/h and people will still get killed or break their neck in heavy traffic while raining because they're following the limit blindly and driving too close and too fast while visibility is low, then should you fine these drivers driving at 60km/h in such conditions? After all they're driving below the limit, so technically they're driving legally right?

EldarO wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 13:10

but then again, your right.... right?

No, you are you, and I am myself, you are right in your mind, and I've got my own point, but next time the government tries to screw you, just bend over.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually he only just turned 18 same bday as my brother lol Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, 28th of may,

and mate, the government hasnt screwed me at all

ive had my licence for six months now

i havent been fined, no points taken off, hell, i havent even actually been stopped!

and if you paid any attnetion to the forum, you would realise that it is a pet-hate of a copious amount of people that some users cannot construct a simple sentence/paragraph post.

your absoloutely right

we each have our own opinion, and we are different.

this "kid" thats written these cars off, i beleive if you ask anyone who lives here in Perth what "Sony Central" in Town is, with a little bit of research youll find out the owners name, this "kid" is the owners son.

and, having written off two $50,000+ automobiles (they were far from stock) i think its safe to say yes, someone was hurt.

im not saying i know this bloke, and im not saying i condone anything hes done, but the reality of it is, there are some people around that have more money than brains, and i find it absoloutley appaling that, while people like myself struggle to even get a simple car, (my "dream" car at the moment is actually an ma61) he has all these lavish luxuries.

the main point im trying to express is, that, if someone speeds, and you fine them $150, they might not take it seriously if they have that amount of money, but i know, that, if i was fined $150 for something as stupid as that (lets face it, youll get to your destination about 6 minutes faster, its just fucking dumb) then i sure as hell wouldnt even think of speeding.

the MAJORITY of people that do get fined are like me, they dont have money to throw at fines, so, this results in them driving slower, so the government is effectively reducing speeding.

now, im not saying you should get fined for doing 7-8k over the limit, because, unlike those stupid "5km/h ads) in the grand scheme of things, whether your goign 88, or 80 km/h, its not going to make THAT MUCH of a difference in your stopping time.

Eldar.O.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry I take that back as you were acting like you've had years of brainwashing by the government.

the main problem is, machine + human makes mistakes, in this ever going SPEED KILLS crazy campaign, more people gets killed, and more innocent people gets screwed, and when something wrong happens, those poor souls actually needs to find a way to prove himself innocent, (NOT innocent until proven) and most likely, because the whole system is corrupted, they will try to tell you that these machines are 100% reliable (speed cameras, radars and laser guns) and you are f..cked, the police & citizen relations deteriorate, out of all that has been penalised and fined, 95% of them have been a good and safety driver to start with, they pay out their nose, and death toll doesn't improve, so where's the benefit?
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 15:54

so the government is effectively reducing speeding.

Eldar.O.

speeding technically above the limit? or speeding legally below the limit? World wide statistics shows that most (90%+, close to 95% from memory) accidents occur below the limit, so how do you stop these?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86tt wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 16:11

so where's the benefit?

The government's coffers, it seems.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Need Legal Advice Thu, 09 June 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 16:25

86tt wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 16:11

so where's the benefit?

The government's coffers, it seems.

and somehow no one seems to notice anything is wrong???
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Need Legal Advice Mon, 13 June 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
86tt,

We all start young and stupid, just some of us more stupid than others !

I won't say I have never been caught speeding. My driving record is 2 A4 pages long and my first offence landed me 3 months suspension an Ass reaming fine and 3 years on reduced points but I'm sure as fuck not proud of it.

Your anti-revenue raising veiw point is probably shared by most of us but you miss one vital point, Speeding DOES kill/injure, it also damages other peoples property. There really is no excuse for travelling at twice the speed limit, hell any 80zone is most likely suburban so it was hardly the place for it by anyones standards. Track days at Wakefield park and eastern Creek are frequent and affordable, its only the small dicked wanna be's who have to try and prove themselves on the steet.

You can say how no one was hurt all you like but tell me how you would feel if they were... And it was your mum/brother/child or even just your pride and joy ?

Take a good long look at your thought process and consier the wider picture. Then dig out your dads pink floyd albums and spend the rest of the day agreeing with them !
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Toy Shop in Newcaslte broken in to so look out for cheap parts.
Next Topic: Toy Shop in Newcaslte broken in to so look out for cheap parts.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:48:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094029903411865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.