Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Salad Fingers
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:03 Go to next message
Sorry for the stupid sounding question, but I just looked at my old engine out of my sprinter, that I always just assumed was a 4a-c and the engine number starts with a 2A, not 4A?

Does this mean it really is a 2A? because that would be a bit werid...

Anyone have any specs on them? like what cars they came out of and stuff like that.
They're 1300cc right?
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is a 1.3L 2AC with a huge 35kw Razz

The ae80's came out with them too...
Salad Fingers
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strange, my sprinter used to go a fair bit harder than my mates one with a 4a-c?

werid..........

anyway, thats pretty crazy, i've heard of people putting 4a-g heads on them, is this a easyish thing to do? (not REALLY thinking about doing it, just curios..)

edit: and what the HELL is an ae80?

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 10:51]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Sun, 05 June 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An older, shittier, version of an AE82?
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Sun, 05 June 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 00:02

An older, shittier, version of an AE82?

Close. Not older, just the same with a 2A(1300) rather than 4A(1600). My brother has an AE90 with stock 6A-F, 1300cc DOHC carb motor in AE9# chassis, Toyota can be weird sometimes.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Mon, 06 June 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i brought a t shirt from parklea markets the other week and its got a nike tick on the front. does that mean it is really nike? jk. Laughing

look for other distinguishing characteristics from the engine. i mean you quite often see people putting turbo stickers on their cars and things like that. just because someone or something says something doesnt always mean its true. what does the firewall say?
Salad Fingers
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Mon, 06 June 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86's come with 4a-c. Hence why I always thought my engine was a 4a-c.
It however has an engine number that starts with 2A.
I wanted to find out if that ment it was infact a 2A engine, might sound totally retarded I know however I have seen some werid things in my time on these Jap cars so nothing is impossible.

The old engine must have shit itself and someone put this engine in.
Looks identicle to any 4a-c i've seen bar the engine number, hence the question, i've never seen a 2A before.

It is quite strange that it used to have some power though.. It really did have more poke than my mates 4a-c.....

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2A's are in a lot of the early corollas and such(as stated above). I had the pleasure of driving an old rolla around NZ for 2 weeks that had a 2A. It was attached to a 5spd manual and was surprised with it's performance. Went great around the city, and then between cities would sit on 130Km/s 4 hours without missing a beat, never gave me any trouble.

A pretty zippy, fuel efficient engine actually(for a 1.3L)
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salad Fingers wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 20:50

It however has an engine number that starts with 2A.
I wanted to find out if that ment it was infact a 2A engine

If you're talking about the number stamped into the engine block, then yes it is a 2A. The engine number on the build plate (on the firewall) will tell you which engine the car originally came with.
Salad Fingers
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Tue, 07 June 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 13:16

If you're talking about the number stamped into the engine block, then yes it is a 2A. The engine number on the build plate (on the firewall) will tell you which engine the car originally came with.

Yes, it's stamped into the block.
So it is a 2A. Good.

Reason for confusion was that firewall says 4a-c. Every AE86 i've seen has a 4a-C.. was wondering why mine didn't...

It's all good it has a bigport 4a-ge in there now. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Tue, 07 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car has an emissions sticker for a 2sc but its got a 22re in it and the engine numbers all match up Very Happy
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Tue, 07 June 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a little useless info for ya. i read another post a little while back under this section i think that was about some guy having a 3a something motor in his sprinter. similar prob to you, he thought they were all 4ac and was unsure why the motor wasnt 4a

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 05:45]

Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Engine number starts with 2A, does that mean it really is a 2A? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
you can put a 4age head on a 2ag. not sure of the exact details but its certainly doable. a good way to make a hot wee 1300
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TPS: redtop bigport and redtop smallport... are they the same???
Next Topic:AE71 or Ke70 race seat mounts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 04:14:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047998428344727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.