Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lobie
Newcomer

May 2005
Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 07:25 Go to next message
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use ULP or PULP in my 1983 KE-70 Corolla wagon with a stock 4K-C engine? The model is listed here http://www.aip.com.au/health/lead_guide as not needing an additive to change to unleaded but it also notes "some listed Toyota vehicles may require engine adjustment to enable operation on regular unleaded petrol."

Then I found the engine listed on this site http://frodo.design.uws.edu.au/pubs3_02/N!K0LA!_L! U/mp/bowser26leaded.html saying it should use 98 RON unleaded and no additive or engine adjustment is necessary. That site appears to be a Shell document but since it's not on a Shell site it's trustworthiness is questionable.

I'm waiting for responses from both Toyota Australia and my local Toyota dealer on this topic but I'm not holding my breath since I doubt they care about such an old model.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Can I just chuck some premium unleaded straight in or do I need an additve or an engine adjustment or what? How about standard ULP?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

matt
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its fine just throw some 98 ron in there Wink
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey!! this might help im not sure but i have a 3TC engine and my mate has a 3K in his KE30 and both our engines are standard, and we but run any petrol we can find in cars, i've bin using unleded and premium unleaded for nearly 5 months, and just recently i have had to steal boat fuel just to go out for a drive and it worked wonders, it worked better than unleaded, and both our cars are meant to run on Super or LRP, but basicly u can do it but over say a long period of time it will eventualy do something but not any day soon!!
lobie
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard ULP or 95-96 RON PULP both no good?

matt
lobie
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume you mean you put unleaded mixed with 2 stroke oil in there? Since boat fuel is standard unleaded for 4 strokes and the above-mentioned for 2 strokes.

matt
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Tue, 31 May 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unleaded and high octane is fine buddy!
idles and goes better Very Happy
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Sun, 05 June 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just chuck in some flashlube and some premium, just to be safe.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i used 91 95 and 98 ron petrol in my corollas with a rebuilt carby and perfectly tuned.

91 RON

Car ran but was hard to start on cold mornings, ran rough, bogged down really bad and was generally POO

95 RON

Cost wise probably your best option car runs really well on this (vortex or any premium unleaded)

98 RON

if your rich then go for this stuff, only place your going to notice the differance between this stuff and 95 is right up the top end, ull find itll rev alot better up high with this.

i dont use any additives in my petrol and never have for either of my 4k corollas and havent had any problems
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota alloy heads have hardened valve seats, so any ULP is fine. plain ULP may cause pinging tho
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: Unleaded petrol in a 4K-C Corolla??? Mon, 06 June 2005 10:27 Go to previous message
and if it pings just retart the timing a lil

been runing standard ULP in my 4K eva since i got it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gear down shift problems HELP!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:HKS F CON
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:30:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052790641784668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.