1.Mitsubishi Lancer GSR 1.8 turbo 4WD 4 / 7%
2.1995-98 Audi A4 1.8Turbo 15-20k 16 / 30%
3.JZZ30 Toyota Soarer 1JZ - 15 (+/- 2) 14 / 26%
4.Holden VT Commodore SS - 5.0 V8 - 15-20k 1 / 2%
5.Holden VTII commodore SS - 5.7 V8 - 22K+ 1 / 2%
6.AE101 Toyota Levin 4AGZE <$15k 8 / 15%
7.MkIII VW golf VR6 - <$15k 2 / 4%
8.JZA80 Supra 2JZGE (non turbo) >$15k import 8 / 15%

the time has come for me to upgrade from the old ae92 cs corolla to my next car. i want a nice car, not too old (post 1990)that has decent performance too. im not looking for a monster right now, but one that could become a mid/high 13 to low 14 sec car with about 5k of mods. keep in mind that i drive a 67kw corolla right now, so it wouldnt take much to impress me.

ill be paying this car off over the next 3-5 years, so reliability is also a consideration, as this will be a daily driver.

mainly, im tossing up between the audi and the gsr, but the other options are cars that i have been looking at too. as you might have noticed, im look at spending around 15k, but willing to go up to 20. if there are any other good cars around this price, feel free to give your suggestions, but these are the few cars that i am seriously looking at right now.

also if you have any experience with any of these cars, or know of any chronic problems, let me know ay?

any commos older than vts are out of the question, and im not interested in a 180sx/silvia, or an mz20 soarer/ma70 supra (i know this sounds treacherous, but sorry, dont like em.)

thanks
Will

Send a private message to this user    
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: trying to decide on my next car Mon, 06 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the JZA80 Very Happy
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: trying to decide on my next car Mon, 06 June 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the VR6!!!!

These things are unreal. my mate has one (i own a shitty mk4 1.6l golf thats puss) his vr6 is a weapon. In stock form this thing beat BA xr8s etc, and only was beaten by wrx etc buy a few car lengths. He has now done some engine work and its hard to find a wrx that will keep up.

These cars are underestimated by all, they look like a normal golf, remove the badging and keep it subtle and you get no hassles from the cops or other dickhead drivers.

you will not be dissapointed, they are a true pocket rocket. Go test drive one and i bet you will fall in love Razz i know i did. Im currently looking for a nice mildly worked vr6 engine to drop into mine Razz

Good Luck
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Mon, 06 June 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the reason im steering towards the audi.

http://ucn.dealernet.com.au/detail.php?sessionid=B BFE6631E2E2484A8BBA83A14A564202&ucnid=1530874

i saw this car in the flesh, or steel, while loking for a first car for my sis. it was quite a nice example of the a4, and then i saw it was 1.8 turbo, and quattro too! these are normally more than 20gs in a private sale, so 19,990 (20K Rolling Eyes )at a dealer with full warranty aint that bad!

i can see it now with deep dish 18s, subtle kit (rs4 kit maybe), boot lip spoiler, a few grand in the engine. niiiiice...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: trying to decide on my next car Mon, 06 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The JZZ30 might be heavy, but it's solid and people have gotten some nice times out of them! For the price too, would have to be a consideration, yeah? Would be an EXCELLENT car for a daily driver, would it not? Smile

Having said that, I just clicked the link and read about that audi. That does sound REALLY nice. That's a very smart looking car... very defined shape... looks good.

Plus, with dealer support and warranty, it makes it hard to pass up!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audi if you can afford the maintenance on the Euro.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are gonna get an audi stuff the fwd crap the one you want is a my99 Audi A4 quattro, these still had the lighter shells 1200-1300kg but have the upgraded engine 132kw, before this they only had 110kw.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ all the way! Smile
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 12:34

1JZ all the way! Smile

I couldn't agree more!! I love my soarer.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subaru Liberty RS Turbo, Quad Cam Quad throttle Body 4WD Inetercooled Turbo.

The bit in bold was actually written down the side, it was so long i had to take a breath while reading it.

get one of them, bit of 4WD subaru boxer fun Smile

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr as far as i'm aware the rs liberty just have a DOHC single throttle body turbo motor, i think you have lost it. 147kw stock ain't too bad though, that or you could get a galant Vr4
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 14:25

errr as far as i'm aware the rs liberty just have a DOHC single throttle body turbo motor, i think you have lost it. 147kw stock ain't too bad though, that or you could get a galant Vr4

he said it was written down the side of the car....

but yeah, a VR4 would be nice.

get a moke and 2JZ-GTE it

that would rock
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he was smoking some special grass to read that. Very Happy I mean how can a 4cyl have 4 camshafts Confused and as far as i am aware no subie boxer engine had quad throttle bodies

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 05:04]

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 11:02

if you are gonna get an audi stuff the fwd crap the one you want is a my99 Audi A4 quattro, these still had the lighter shells 1200-1300kg but have the upgraded engine 132kw, before this they only had 110kw.

i wish, but the newer ones are very expesnive, like 30k. considering it IS the 1.8T quattro (1998 model) the price aint that bad.

i was thinking about a vr4 or rs liberty, but they havent aged very well (in my opinion)

whats a moke?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must get my 99 some are cheaper than other but no point in getting the 98 its slow and gay i have seem some low kay ones go for 25k, insurance is a killer though, what about the a3 turbo with 110kw or a 95 BMW 325 or 328i Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=bigg willie style wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 16:28]
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 11:02

if
whats a moke?

convertible off road version of the old mini ghey very ghey do not listen to him Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man, 20gs for this audi is bustin my bank anyway, i really didnt want to spend more than 20, hell, i didnt want to spend more than 15, but when the right car comes along, hey hey.

25k for a 99 with 132kw sounds too good to be true, i havent seen them for less than 27-30k. for 7 grand i can get a whole new turbo kit, ecu, exhaust and front mount anyway, one that puts out about 180kw and a bit under 300nm. but thats the long term plan. if i just put the ecu tune, exhaust and CAI i should easily up it to that 132kw. that shit costs 3700 in a package ive seen.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my uncle had an 2000 Avante (wagon) 1.8l turbo quattro manual. 132kw modded with chip and exhaust to 154+kw, sounded awesome went pretty well too. He was gonna sell it to my other uncle for 30K about 2 years ago well under resale value, there are some that are cheaper just gotta look around. But yeah bit out of your price range. Sold it bought an RS4 looks the same but with a whole lot more punch, last time my dad saw it thought it was the same car until i explained to him it was the RS4.

The A3's are around, 19k with 110kw and are lighter so will faster and more nimble.
Clio Sport maybe very quick and nimble. I wouldn't get the VR6 bit to heavy on the nose.
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=781971&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau that ones 26k a bit of haggling i reckon you could get it for maybe 23k

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 06:53]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: trying to decide on my next car Tue, 07 June 2005 09:46 Go to previous message
Go the A4 quattro!!!!!!!!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I got owned.
Next Topic:Dilema.....Job Wise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:34:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051569938659668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.