Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power Mon, 06 June 2005 11:54 Go to next message
hello everyone,

It's been a fair while since I last posted on these forums, but the time has come to once again make my presence known. Where I last left off I was in the middle of doing a gen 2 3s-ge swap before I experienced a whole lot of wiring dramas and a savage cashflow drought. But I am now proud to announce that last week my celica hit the streets of Canberra once more! It has a few bugs that still need to be ironed out but the main thing is i'll never have to drive an EA Falcon again! (touch wood).

So whats the result?

1988 ST162 Celica SX
Gen 2 3S-GE (From an imported Carina)
2 1/4 inch Cat Back exhaust
K&N Pod Filter
Microtech LT-10S

and getting run on a dyno later this month!

What do i still need to do?

Well my spark plugs are shot, and my tuner highly recomends a set of Magnecor ignition leads which I plan to do before dyno run. Steering and suspension need a serious look over too, I think new bushes all round, new shocks and tyres, a good wheel alignment and she'll be good.

I will get pics up on the weekend cos I have 4 days off and i plan to spend a lot of time fine tuning the car.

Cheers!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 04:23]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'bout time Razz

onya steve love your work congrats for sticking at it!

Rob Smile
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work buddy, its finally goin

you know im just as excited as you, now go get some pics up!!
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the kind words, ill be getting some pics happening as soon as i can.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome steve,
although driving a sigma with square wheels would feel better than driving an EA i spose. Razz

fill us in on how it drives mate.

karl
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work man! I feel the whole Falcon dismay, I've had to drive an EB for far too long now, I'm grateful just to have my STOCK ST162 back on the road now Very Happy

Looking forward to the dyno result btw - should be interesting!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Tue, 07 June 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Steve,

Great to hear that you've got it done - I was beginning to think that you had given up! Can't wait to see some pics.

-Matt
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Wed, 08 June 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was always gonna get finished, it just needed the time and money aspects to fall into place.

dyno run will be happening on sunday the 19th! cant wait to see what numbers she pulls! ill certainly be posting the dyno sheet up when i get it.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Thu, 09 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I am amazed he finished it, its only been what, a year and a half Razz

nah its a sweet as drive, the best part is now steve can drive me around, instead of me driving him around Razz Heart

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Fri, 10 June 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice! man, I really needed to talk to you about a month ago! Laughing Ah wel, it all worked out in the end. Glad you're back!
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sat, 11 June 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was only ever an email away!
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sun, 12 June 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And finally, a few pictures...

http://img176.echo.cx/img176/2681/dcp03376oo.jpg
http://img176.echo.cx/img176/8614/dcp03383jq.jpg
http://img176.echo.cx/img176/6563/dcp03392zc.jpg
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sun, 12 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

wow thats so impressive, everything my engine bay wishes it could be Very Happy

so jealous man, wish i was close enough to see it go too!
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sun, 12 June 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just a shame my bodywork isnt as good as yours matt
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sun, 12 June 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's one clean engine bay! Shocked

You wouldn't be able to tell me where that intake pipe came from would ya? I'm using some random toyota one which is starting to crack - doesn't look as neat as yours tho.

I've pretty much finished my conversion btw, I think you asked in another thread? Click the link in my sig. Very Happy
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Gen 2 3S-GE Power Sun, 12 June 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is actually the original gen 1 intake pipei just stuck it on there, rotated it a bit and viola!
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power Tue, 05 July 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well... It's game over. Oil pump blew itself out on the highway. Im not gonna spend any more money fixing this car.

I'll probably be parting it out sometime soon...
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power Wed, 06 July 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh mann... I saw your engine on sunday it looked good.. Oh man i fell for yah dude... bad luck man Sad
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves ST162 - Now Sporting Rooted Gen 2 3S-GE Lack of Power Thu, 07 July 2005 12:02 Go to previous message
Farmsci ST162 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 12:22

Well... It's game over. Oil pump blew itself out on the highway. Im not gonna spend any more money fixing this car.

I'll probably be parting it out sometime soon...

hmmmm.....

send pics of interior to acreese@bigpond.net.au

bad news man. Don't let it go to waste.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my 86 + need ur opinionS
Next Topic:Team T18
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:17:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057508945465088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar