Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » When do you get points back?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:57 Go to next message
All these topics about loosing points ect have sparked up the age old question (well i have been asking it for years and have never got a agreed answer).

When you loose points on your license when do you get them back?

I am in QLD if you want to only reply wrt QLD laws as every state is probably different.
  Send a private message to this user    
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You get them back three years after you lose them (in Vic).
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In QLD its 3 years after the date of the offence.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same as nsw 3 yrs after the date of the offence
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it doesn't matter about license changes. Like when you go from P's to opens, you just get more points but you don't get all of them?

Why don't they have a thing you can swipe your license on and it will tell you the number of points you have. i reckon it would get alot of use...
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only have 1 point left and i'm on my P's. How many points will i have when i go on my open's next year? Thanks in advance.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:13

so it doesn't matter about license changes. Like when you go from P's to opens, you just get more points but you don't get all of them?

Correct
Quote:

Why don't they have a thing you can swipe your license on and it will tell you the number of points you have. i reckon it would get alot of use...

You can go into the RTA and they will tell you how many points you have. If you want a print out they charge you though Confused
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: When do you get points back? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RTA in NSW on their website allows you to enter your drivers licence number and some other numbers off your licence and check how many points you have left and what offences(if any) you have commited, maybe QLD has the same?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah i have just been looking around on the net and i can't find anything that does that. Its a good idea though.

Bozza

From what has been said here my guess is 9 points until the 3 years is up
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always thought it was 3 years from the day you pay it?
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still abit confused. So when i go on my open's next year i'll get 9 points. And then when the next 3 years are up they will increase a certain amount? Is that correct? Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also,

I called Vic Roads after hours service and you can check your demerit point total on an automated system.

It says 'you have X amount of demerit points against your license....Does this mean you have lost X amount of points, or you currently X amount of points remaining on your license?

Anyone know?

Jezza
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't LOSE DEmerits points for doing things bad.
You gain them.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if i have 0 against my license thats good yeah? Its got me head fucked Razz

If I hadn't done anything wrong and I had 0 then i would know that it is good, but they are telling me I have 0 against my license and I have lost pointsup until around 1 year ago...

Jezza
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i would think that means that you got no points. it doesn't tell you how many you have lost it will tell you what is left. Thats my guess anyway.

Bozza

Once going onto opens you will have 9. you will get 12 once three years is up wrt the date you got fined. (no i don't think it is until you pay it. they take the points the day you pay it but i think it backtracks to the date of the offence.)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 13:17

I've always thought it was 3 years from the day you pay it?

No because in Australia your guilty until proven innocent. So your points are taken right there and then.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many points do you get on a BALI licence?

of if you commit a small offence do they just cut your head off? Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: When do you get points back? Tue, 07 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous message
Rallystanza wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:17

So if i have 0 against my license thats good yeah? Its got me head fucked Razz

If I hadn't done anything wrong and I had 0 then i would know that it is good, but they are telling me I have 0 against my license and I have lost pointsup until around 1 year ago...

Jezza

yup zero = good
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:86 windscreen
Next Topic:How do you wreck a motor?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:47:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081789493560791 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.