Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How long have you had your car for?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:15 Go to next message
Hey everyone, just wondering how long people have had there cars for? Including project cars and daily drivers. I've had my car since new for just under a year now.

Later

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 11:25]

Send a private message to this user    
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since new in 1990. Laughing

Well, mum had it first, then it was passed onto me about 5-6 years ago.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bought mine 3 years ago odd.
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had my project vee-dub for almost 3 years, had my ae82 rolla 10 months
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great idea for a thread !! Cool

Picked up my first 87 AW11 in january 1990....thats right over 15 years ago and its still going strong Very Happy Very Happy .

Picked up my second 87 AW11 in October 2004 with a few mods Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 22:13

Picked up my first 87 AW11 in january 1990....thats right over 15 years ago and its still going strong Very Happy Very Happy .

Pics added for clarity Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://img247.echo.cx/img247/1161/nosetonose0pb.th.jpg
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really bad, I seem to average 8 months per car at the moment. I've had 3 cars in the 2 years I've been driving. I think I'll keep the Supra for as long as I can afford it for(ie. until deposit for a house required..)
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had my ae92 cs corolla since spetember 2002. that would make it a bit over 2 1/2 years that ive owned it.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My corolla has been allocated to me since 1987. It has been registered and driveable for none of these years Rolling Eyes

I have owned my MR2 since October 2003
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've had mine for 23 years!!!!!

I bought it in 1982, after it had been sitting in storage since 1977. Actually, I traded in my 1974 LT TA22 for it, and I had owned the TA22 for four years.

seeyuzz
river
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 22:45

Hi,

I bought it in 1982, after it had been sitting in storage since 1977. Actually, I traded in my 1974 LT TA22 for it, and I had owned the TA22 for four years.

seeyuzz
river

Much respect! It's still a very tidy car too Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had my current car since 2nd January Very Happy Still going strong, previous car lasted around 14months, until it was written off...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had my soarer for about four months so far.

decided to ditch the crown dreams, and i'm going to be keeping it for a while longer, all things willing!

that is, unless i succumb and decide to try and buy an supercharged AE92 levin coupe or something like that later on in the future

problem with the soarer, is i dont want to go to a smaller, less comfortable car...

i think its set the bar a little high Laughing
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10months so far
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being darth vader do you find its difficult to get into your car?

(offtopic i know, but i had to ask)

Surprised
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 22:45

Hi,

seeyuzz
river

Damn.. 1982... I was still sucking teats at that time. You must be ancient, River...

Had my car since 2001. Bought it with 150 123 kms on the ordometer and have since brought it up to 222 300 odd kms and with a different engine. My first car, and I think its going to be my only car for a very long time still...
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 00:30

being darth vader do you find its difficult to get into your car?

(offtopic i know, but i had to ask)

Surprised

Nice
Laughing

But anywhat.
ae82 seca twinky for about 3 years
ke25 about 6 months. Damn it, it should have been on the road by now Mad
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Current car is a Corolla sedan bought new 2 years ago, now with around 30,000k's.

Prior to that I had an AE92 Seca for about 4 years, bought with 120,000k's & sold with 180,000k's. And my first car was a UC Torana which I had for 3 years, 50,000k's when I got it & 80,000k's when I sold it...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yian wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 01:15

Damn.. 1982... I was still sucking teats at that time. You must be ancient, River...

Yep, I'm an oldie! Cool

When I bought the car it had 15,000km on the clock. In those 23 years of ownership I've nudged it up to 130,000k. Still got the original engine, gearbox, diff, suspension.... actually everything.

Oh, by the way, just 'cos you're old doesn't stop you playing with boobies! Wink

seeyuzz
river
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought the feral in April, 1995 up in Darwin. i've owned many other cars before and after i bought it, but i've hung onto this one. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hahhaha i knew there would be a post from you gunmetal in this thread. I must say that is the newest looking 87 n/a mr2 ive ever seen. Original wheels are even immaculate. Mine used to look really nice but a couple of years of threashing soon fixed that Sad Sad Sad

ahh well wats the point of owning a sports car if you dont thrash it...........
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Mon, 06 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had my car just over a year now.. Wanting to keep it quite a long time hopefully... She just ticked over 300,000kms.

YAY for loyal toyota owners! Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 years in august mmmm 412000kms yay Very Happy will get rid of it at the end of the year more likely than not. Surprised
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 07:43

hahhaha i knew there would be a post from you gunmetal in this thread. I must say that is the newest looking 87 n/a mr2 ive ever seen. Original wheels are even immaculate. Mine used to look really nice but a couple of years of threashing soon fixed that Sad Sad Sad

Nice work but how long have you owned it for ?

And just for the record its been driven pretty hard, raced even, just not "drive it like you stole it" Evil or Very Mad also i have seen you drive yours sedately, and even if you drive it hard you are allowed to look after it Laughing Laughing
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My current car was my first and I have had it for almost 3 years now. 3 years in August.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had the MX6 for about 3 years now, added about 53,000kms to it since I got it.
Had the Cressida for about a month, but it only got registered last Friday.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got poopra in Feb 03, she's been off the road for a total of 4 months(plus its been sitting pretty much unused for the past 3 months of this year). She'll probably hit the 300000km mark when i take her out next(which is whenever i can be bothered recharging the battery)
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 months! No probs yet!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 and a half years
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 13:25

4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 07:43

Nice work but how long have you owned it for ?

And just for the record its been driven pretty hard, raced even, just not "drive it like you stole it" Evil or Very Mad also i have seen you drive yours sedately, and even if you drive it hard you are allowed to look after it Laughing Laughing

ouch!!!

fair call tho it needs a little tlc

Unfortunatly i had a plane ticket to japan and i needed to choose between spending money on my car and having a good holiday the holiday won but i bought lotsa nice toys for the car.

Soon the car will be garaged so it wont get dirty in like 2 seconds all the time damn water restrictions Mad it isnt a daily driver anymore so i can spend more money on tyres etc.

Ive had the car for about 1.5 years now i dont know how long i will have it before i crash it Laughing Laughing Laughing

MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had my mz20 for about 1 and a half months
its sweet
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:15

ive had my mz20 for about 1 and a half months
its sweet

ive allways had a soft spot for old school soarers mayb its because the come in two tone Laughing
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had my celica (1st car)for just on 3years.. and no plans of getting rid of it Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have been frequenting low ownership times. 4 cars in 4 years. But i think the soarer is now the keeper. it will be more then a year by now
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ive allways had a soft spot for old school soarers mayb its because the come in two tone

ive got a soft spot for two tone cars
i also had a two tone sil now onevia in primer
im lookin at selling the soarer so if anyone is interested pm me
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for the soarer?
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10 months and countin,

i bought it with 11mths and 25 days rego , meanin one year anniversary is gonna mean the forkout of 800 bucks for damn rego !

nick//162//
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dad bought the SX brand spankers off the showroom floor in October 1989 (rego sticker matched my birthday, could say we share a birthday!)

I got it with about 180k's on the clock, 20V went in at 216k, roughly a yr and a half ago. Now up round 238-240k's.

GT
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had the celsior for 6 months now.
owned an integra for the 6 years prior to that.
i thrashed the shit out of that thing Cool
i take much better care of my new baby Smile
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 23:26

...rego sticker matched my birthday, could say we share a birthday!

Yeah my Seca was originally purchased on my birthday back in 1990 Cool Must've been destiny that I would own it one day.

Didn't realise it at first because the rego was due February, but when I looked in the service manual I saw that it was first registered on xxth August so it must've had a 6 month renewal at some point...
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How much for the soarer?

i was hoping for 4.5K but no1 seemed interested
so make an offer
some1 pls buy my car
sprinter_turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have owned my sprinter for 2 years
great car i want another one oneday
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: How long have you had your car for? Tue, 07 June 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had my Sprinter for just over a year now, will be keeping it for a long time yet, far to many plans for it to get anything else in the near future.
It's done nearly 310,000kms, i got it at around 286,000kms i think.
WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: How long have you had your car for? Fri, 10 June 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ta22 mostly dead, but being reborn....owned 10yrs, driving 7.

Black XK Falcon since 1988..fully optioned with embellishing kit, and red and white cloth with the padded dash

However, my Uncle Billy has had a Corolla Panel Van since new, 1976, almost a 900000 clicks.

Running mostly Vibert 2t motors since 1981, 3 rebuilds/replacements....Andrew Vibert is god.

Twin solexs with the single barrel Toyo airfilter.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: How long have you had your car for? Fri, 10 June 2005 15:53 Go to previous message
Bozza wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 19:15

just wondering how long people have had there cars for?

The ute in the avatar was given to me when i was 16, so that makes it 14 years now. Will I ever sell it? - I doubt it - it was bought brand new by my Dad in 1973!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:When your not using open quads to air...
Next Topic:cool AE86 models
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:44:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092151165008545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.