Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How do you wreck a motor?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:52 Go to next message
Hey people's

MY car has recently started to smoke oil out the exhaust. there has been no official inspection done but the guess is the valve stem seals. My question is have i done something to them or do they just do this?

Is it easy to break a motor? This is probably a pretty silly question but how easy is it? Is it ok to run a motor in its high revs without going over red-line?

These questions have come about because i once took the car to about 7750 (tacho is digital and only can go to 8000) and of course you need good reason to do an engine conversion, so now thats its unwell. could i make it look worse?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Morley motoring journalist says to kill a car he used to take it out into a paddock and just cane it until it died, ie redline etc etc etc. Just go nuts, do a drift day or something have a ball and blow the thing up.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah go drifting, and make sure there is plenty of limiter bashing Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That won't kill a good-condition 1JZ though! Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and then if it ain't dead by the end of the day and you still have tyres ask if you can do some doeys, or just sit their line locking on the limiter, it'll blow or the tyres will. Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This motor is a 1g-geu. i have taken it to 7750 looking for a limiter without luck. so i don't think it is there. But there was more then one question sorry. i know it is fun to blow my motor but the main question was did i wreck the motor or do these things happen?

Also as an aside, donuts and thing will wreck more then the motor no?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those things just do happen it's called wear and tear, the rona's valve stem seals or rings may be gone to just like yours perfromance hasn't been affected. If you really just wanna kill the motor and nothing els bang it in neutral and just free rev the crap out of it until it blows up yay. Evil or Very Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine swap for soarer

keep the 1G-GEU

put it in a ke20

??????

profit
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or just hand the keys to me, give me a good day and i'll return maybe not with a wrecked motor Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so someone would want to "buy" 1G-GEU? well then consider it for sale. i will be nice to it from now on...
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you really wanna wreck it simply pour a glass and a half of water into the intake whilst at high revs. Maybe wear some protective clothing. Laughing
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: How do you wreck a motor? Mon, 06 June 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drain out the coolant , and go for a strap.

Shouldn't take long.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: How do you wreck a motor? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so much effort, but fun.
quick way to kill it and put a rod through the side of the block: drain the oil.
free rev for a few mins.
*bang*
revvs... *dingaling*
*BANG*
DEATH!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: How do you wreck a motor? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous message
You guys can still have fun with this but i think the motor has decided to break itself. it is starting to make bad thunking noises. And i didn't do anything honest Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:When do you get points back?
Next Topic:How much power do you think I will make?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:21:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052762031555176 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.