Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 08:05 Go to next message
Hey all,

Just enquiring on what type of brakes are on the AWD version of the 3sgte Caldina?

Would they be a usefull upgrade for a st162 celica?

-Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends how much power your st162 is putting out - those brakes are huge!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OT i know but... what other models of caldina (apart fromt he current one) has a 3SGTE?

btw, nearly ALL cars in Sapporo are AWD... even the crappy daihatsu cube things and corolla II's...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:51

OT i know but... what other models of caldina (apart fromt he current one) has a 3SGTE?

btw, nearly ALL cars in Sapporo are AWD... even the crappy daihatsu cube things and corolla II's...

yes i remember those cube things they are horrible looking things

i also found alot of cars in the mountains were 4wd lots of caldina's nice looking cars they are and even an intergrale
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:54

i also found alot of cars in the mountains were 4wd lots of caldina's nice looking cars they are and even an intergrale

heh heh even the "yankee" cubes? Wink
i think i can count the number of 2WD cars i see in a day on my fingers..... they almost do not exist here...

let me know what models you are thinking of the brakes for and i'll see if i can get happy snaps Very Happy

Cya, Stewart
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:59

4agte wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:54

heh heh even the "yankee" cubes? Wink
i think i can count the number of 2WD cars i see in a day on my fingers..... they almost do not exist here...

let me know what models you are thinking of the brakes for and i'll see if i can get happy snaps Very Happy

Cya, Stewart

i saw a Ferrari Enzo in the mountains dropped my dinner while franticially searching for my camera
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and back on topic....

its possible they will fit. but the st215w and st246 are quite different from eary celicas.

btw thats the 2 turbo 4wd versions. st215w avail in manual or tiptronic style auto, st246 auto only
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Tue, 07 June 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh okay, didn't know there were so many models.

i *thought* the gt-t was the "st205 follow on" as in the st215

but any info on either of the brake systems for the awd turbo 3sgte's would be helpfull.

i would have thought they would have been the same, but if anyone can tell me otherwise, be my guest.

Stu - i dont want you goin to too much trouble, just really interested in a quick answer Smile

thanks guys,

-Matt
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Wed, 08 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Wed, 08 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, i've seen some ST215 GT-T's around here, but have yet to see a GT 245/6 as yet (and i want that one Razz )... i'll get a snap if one is in a car park Wink there has to be ONE on my walk to work each day (surely Razz )

ps, can you find the disc specs anywhere? DBA may be no hellp, but surely there are some jap aftermarket discs that have specs around?

Cya, Stewart
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Wed, 08 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try toyota, cheap as! new ones retail here for $144+gst
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Wed, 08 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am looking at the Suitability of the GT-T Caldina Brakes as an upgrade for a st162 celica. As i may have access to a set off a frontcut in the near future, and i am wondering, what type of calipers? twin piston, twin spot, what size of the rotors?

I have been looking, and found no joy... maybe im lookin in the wrong places?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Caldina AWD Turbo Brake Specs Mon, 11 July 2005 05:55 Go to previous message
here ya go..

rims are 17" ZEIT SS, tyres are potenza 215/45/17 (so you can use either for workingout actual size)
ST215GT-T front brakes
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/front-brakes.jpg
ST215GT-T rear brakes
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/rear-brakes.jpg

that help?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Drum to Disc conversion. How?
Next Topic:Pedal Installation Nightmare (huge post, 56k go make some hot chocolate)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:22:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050787925720215 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.