Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 01:25 Go to next message

Which design should go on my car?[ 52 vote(s) ]
1.1 0 / 0%
2.2 12 / 23%
3.3 1 / 2%
4.4 16 / 31%
5.5 5 / 10%
6.6 18 / 35%

Well the design competition for ADCO Race Engineering is over to entrants and the decision has come down to six of the best ones designs, I simply cant decide becuase these ones are all soo damn good, so please vote and let me know which one you think is best. Also please bear in mind, if the one that wins costs way too damn much to put on my car then the second place entrant will be teh winnah Smile

Anyway here are the designs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/ADCO%20Race%20Engineering%20Sticker%20Design/ADCO6.gif

Cheers

Matt

Please dont be biased and this poll will run for exactly one week Smile

Send a private message to this user    
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to pick 4 ..... because I think 6 will be too expensive to have made up. (otherwise I would have picked that hands down)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, there is a little part of me screaming out the number six...but money might not permit it Sad
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i picked 3 i like simplicity also how big will it be?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will be covering 3/4 of the side of my car Smile
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say no. 6 then money permiting of course
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No. 4 Grahpic with No. 5 lettering looks the best by far, No.6 is too complicated but a damn nice job
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either 4 or 6 I reckon. I voted for 6, but 4 is awesome as well.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5. because logos are meant to be simple and convey a strong message. good use of image and strong monotype typography.

if you were looking for a banner, then 6. otherwise its too busy and the lettering is impossible to read. legibility and ease of viewing matters when its on the side of a moving vehicle

the rest are p00.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
number 4 if you make the adco bit red like the others and not that pinky colour Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 04:08]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, colours on them arent set in stone but the designs are Smile
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few things to think about with logo design:

1. Gotta be clearly recognisable - which usually means go for simple, clear, bold designs. To this end, Photoshop is usually not the best software to use to design a logo - a Vector Art program (Illustrator, Freehand, even Flash) is usually better, and definitely avoid complex Photoshop-style filters and effects...

2. Has to be clear in a range of sizes - OK, so it's going on the side of a car, but don't you want to put it on a letterhead when you send out letters looking for other sponsors? And wouldn't you want to put it on the cover of the DVD case of your drift video that you also send out to potential sponsors, or turn it in to cloth patches you can sew on your shirt...

3. Has to be easily reproduced in Black & White as well as colour (for the different uses mentioned above).

4. Has to be readable - be careful with the typeface (font) you choose.

Having said that, Number 2 and 4 are pretty good (but get rid of the drop shadows on the lettering for number 4).

Number 6 is also good, but I agree with Garth that the type is hard to read, and I wonder about the cost reproducing it. Maybe it could be simplified? The Schnitzer BMW's used to run with similar graphics, but I don't think the "technical drawings" were quite as detailed?? DO a search to see what I mean.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 06:12]

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Wed, 08 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Number 4 looks great, number 6 is good...not for a car advertisement however.
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Thu, 09 June 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definately 4 with red writing.
6 would be sweet, but too busy for a logo on a car etc. . .
as a banner or something, 6 would be awesome.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Thu, 09 June 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
number six! it is buy fair the best! would look so awesome!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Fri, 10 June 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 is teh one.

but use race lettering from 2.

Cheers

Nathan
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Fri, 10 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Number 4 but change the race engineering writing to that of number 3 would look teh bomb! Very Happy
edit: number 6 would be awesome as a car wrap for looks but i agree with others that for advertisment u need to have a clearer logo

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 01:32]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE Fri, 10 June 2005 03:32 Go to previous message
thanks for the votes Smile

bump
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona models
Next Topic:Drive Today
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061771869659424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.