Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
equiline
Occasional Poster

September 2002
SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 06:09 Go to next message
Hi everyone

Just a word of warning.....

Despite being 55 years old, the fact that I drive a MKIII Supra was enough to get me breathalised and roadworthy checked twice in 5 mins in Goulburn...! Once by a cop on a horse...! Maybe I could have outrun him????

Police everywhere on the highway too.

All the best for the New Year

Wayne
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be heading the other way... *phew*

I wonder if this means that it's safe to speed from Canberra to Sydney.... Skull - Blink
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lately here in Canberra they are doing Road worthy checks with Breathalyzing.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was told that if you are pulled over for a 'random' breath test than that is all they are allowed to do. ie, can't inspect car or defect you.

This had something to do with laws being changed when RBT's where first introduced. I think it must have been to do with the fact that you are being pulled over with no evidence to suggest that you are under the influence.

So if you get RBT'd and they then try and inspect your car you can try this, probably won't work though.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably end up making them look harder for something to get you on
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: SummerNats Thu, 02 January 2003 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I thought.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: SummerNats Fri, 03 January 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh they can do what they like, "whatever is neccessary to protect and serve the community". Heaven forbid them if they let a vehicle go which has wheels 1-inch larger than the largest optional wheel reccommended by the manufacturer for that vehicle... people could die...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Fri, 03 January 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 02 January 2003 17:44

I'll be heading the other way... *phew*

I wonder if this means that it's safe to speed from Canberra to Sydney.... Skull - Blink

I didn't have any worries coming home on Wed. arvo! Evil or Very Mad There were plenty of cops getting cars arriving in to Canberra though. One RBT station comprised of at least 10 or so cop cars on both sides of the road getting all lanes..

Quote:

I was told that if you are pulled over for a 'random' breath test than that is all they are allowed to do. ie, can't inspect car or defect you.

From what I know this used to be the case.. Times have changed a bit though.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: SummerNats Fri, 03 January 2003 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, it's been heaps of fun in Canberra for the last few days. They should hold these things more often. That way may car sees more action and I don't have to spend ages driving around finding something to drag! Very Happy

The park next to my place is absolutely packed with people at night. It's amazing!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SummerNats Sun, 05 January 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
summernats is cool...
some dude broke a world record for bus jumping... i mean.. he was jumping motor bikes with his bus... big bastard of bus too..

i mean damn...

not to mention being covered with rubber while pushing a vl turbo sideways he he he

seen yogi's beast again.. damn that car is tuff..,
and i had a chat to a guy running a 1ggte ra23 with MASSIVE simmons! hehe it was cool

[Updated on: Sun, 05 January 2003 07:50]

YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Sun, 05 January 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did you see the green nugget?
I parked it and left it all weekend at a couple of places, cause i was out cruising in my mates 454 powered HQ!
cant beat the cubes!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Sun, 05 January 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw Ypgis car on the channel nine news in a big shed - behind what i think was some sort of commodore ..

Theres no other celica with yogi8u plates about - so im pretty sure it was him ..

are you going in for awards yogi - and if so - good luck !! be nice to see a 4 take out peoples choice or something cool like that
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Sun, 05 January 2003 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogi, the car looks sweeeet as always mate! saw it parked on the grass out in the middle of EPIC with the bonnet up, was trying to find you to have a chat about it now that my 4AGTE is running. Did you put in on the rollers again for a HP reading?

Cheers
Phil
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Sun, 05 January 2003 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOGI8U wrote on Sun, 05 January 2003 21:32

Where did you see the green nugget?
I parked it and left it all weekend at a couple of places, cause i was out cruising in my mates 454 powered HQ!
cant beat the cubes!

When you leave it parked in the middle of the stadium, it's pretty hard to miss Smile

I saw it in the show and shine and the supercruise - It is a very nicely setup car.
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Mon, 06 January 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys!
I took out third overall coupe of the summernats and won this massive thophy which didnt even fit in the back seat! Very Happy
The judges were amazed at the car again and want me to go for the elite class next year, so that means shre getting stripped again!

ohwell! it was fun for a while!

Didnt go for the dyno, but a datto was putting out about 400hp!
with the winner putting out about 1300hp!
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Mon, 06 January 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats Yogi,

You never know next year you might have some competition with Rod's car.... Laughing

Third is great, you will need a trophy room soon for all the trophies and awards!

Keep up the good work

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: SummerNats Mon, 06 January 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big congrats dude!

That's great news!
Pity we never hooked up last week!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: SummerNats Mon, 06 January 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huge Congrats from over here Yogi.

3rd place for a show thats traditionally been mainly for V8's is a big accomplishment.

I know that over the last couple of years this has been changing and the number of smaller cars in this type of event is ever increasing but i still think its a pretty big feat.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Mon, 06 January 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went on the traditional pilgrimage to Nats for the 5th year in a row and it went off!

Although numbers were down because of the alcohol ban(can't bring your own drinks in) it was still good. Especially when we have got the alcohol smuggling down to the finest of arts.

Countless tinnies down the inside of your camping chair works great, especially when you have 4 chairs and can fit 6 tinnies in each chair and the security basically strip search your bags and leave your chairs alone!

Top burnout action, wearing a few battle scars on the legs when a tyre blew out 2metres from me and a piece of the flying guard hit me in the leg!! Hehehe top action!

Gotta take the Supra down next year, was meant to be entered but since that fateful accident I couldn't get the new one ready in time.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: SummerNats Tue, 07 January 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah good effort Yogi. I saw your beast driving slowly past me on the cruise, but i was somewhat sidetracked by some chicks trying to jump into the back of my wagon while i was about to do a liney lol! I seriously wanted to get a look at your car close up, but unfortunately never saw it again all day.(Sat)

Unfortunately, well i dunno about you guys, but i thought this years nats was somewhat... well... gay. There were really only a few highlights for me.
1. Your TA22
2. RDRUNR (aka 'King Of Kings) 20B powered RX3
3. The 2 hot chicks that hopped in the back of the Corolla panel van hehe. I guess the fact that there was a matress, a fan, an esky of coke and some tunes helped their decision to just jump into a car they have never seen b4. (also the fact 2 of my body building mates were lying in the back without tops on probably had something to do with it... lol)

Yeah for some reason i found this years nats somewhat tame compared to previous years, although i don't drink myself, i kinda missed the hilarious drunken-antics of the usual crowd. As well as this, there wern't anywhere near enough of the cars i like, and too many of the 'boonerish' cars i hate. I dunno, it just wasn't the same this year. Haha one of my mates also noted the lack of 'good' chicks and said he found himself yelling 'put them away' on a regular basis. I just reckon everyone was in a different 'mood' from previouse years, it was more like a usual car show (apart from the yobbos) than the usual fun nats. Anyway that's just my oppinion.

What do you guys reckon???

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2003 08:38]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Wed, 08 January 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same, its been getting lamer every year bit by bit. We weren't even going to go this year but thought we'd better for the tradition.

Its purely because of the alcohol ban that it now sucks and is going down hill. Oh and i forgot, its officially become a "fully sick" event! I know that has detered alot of people I know from going.

Bboy_Sparx
Regular

October 2002
Re: SummerNats Thu, 09 January 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i thought it was a bit poor too. Too many faggots there harrasing my girlfriend, pissed me off. I couldnt even go back in there after 7 for fear that she might get "touched".

Yogi's car was very nice there. Congrats man. By the way, I was that short dude with my backwards cap and introduced myself there as you drove off for the supercruise. I think so anyway Razz

Jules
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SummerNats Fri, 10 January 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You did what!!!!
Took your girlfriend into Summernats???????????????????? Shocked Shocked
Dude it was pretty much written in stone you dont take your gf into nats.

Every year I leave mine 300kms away back in Sydney.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SummerNats Fri, 10 January 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yogi.
i saw your car on friday, while you{i think} were detailing it... going thru the engine bay..
and while i was looking at your car a white 23 with 1ggte drove buy

man your car looks awesome just as ever!
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SummerNats Fri, 10 January 2003 16:48 Go to previous message
Yeah, last year was definitely better. It's getting a bit difficult now to justify the cover charge of $36 when it seems to be getting worse each year. I'm almost certain the high cover charge is a result of outrageous public event liability insurance cover. (t's hard to imagine any other event that could attract a higher premium) Apparently the cars entering pay for the privilege, there are no real great cash prizes (just trophies) for winners, exhibitors pay for their stands, so apart from the showground rental, marketing, staff and entertainment as major costs, i don't know what else can justify such an expensive cover charge.

I'm curious to find out what the premium for public liability cover would be. It would be interesting indeed. My guess is $1-2 million for the entire weekend.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 January 2003 16:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is any 1 looking for a job in melb
Next Topic:It's time to get legal....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 19:56:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083279609680176 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.