Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 9 Aug

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon10.gif  Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 9 Aug Tue, 07 June 2005 00:34 Go to next message
Ladies and Gents,

Some time ago, Norbs posted some info re adjustable rear camber for MA61's that was developed by Paul Pyvvara. Some cars were done, but now it seems that they have struck problems in sourcing some suitable camber bolts to do any further cars.

Well, it looks like I have found some, and in conjunction with some help from the guys in the States (as Paul P isn't keen on making/supplying kits for people to do the work), if I can secure a decently priced supply for the camber bolts, I am proposing to offer an exchange x-member service, or supply of brackets and bolts.

What I need to know before I continue, is who is keen (and I don't want dreamers), is a list of people that WILL do/get this done. Also, I need to know what you would be prepared to pay for an exchange x-member service to reduce waiting time.

If it is done on an exchange basis, it will be your responsibility to get a x-member to me, and pay the freight to get it back, as well as the cost of the conversion.

Let me know who is interested and if there are any questions !!

Interested parties ; Pending price of course !!
1. me
2. CrUZida : X-change x-member ?
3. Yian : X-change x-member ?
4. ZZT231 : Brackets and Bolts
5. Stark : X-change x-member
6. Norbie : Brackets and Bolts
7. Draven : ?
8. Viper III : Brackets and Bolts
9. chuckster : Brackets and Bolts (for MZ10)
11. wilbo666 : Brackets and Bolts
12. Ross (from CelicaSupra.com) : Brackets and Bolts
13. Spence : Brackets and Bolts
14. buccy : Brackets and Bolts
15. Joorsh : Brackets and Bolts
16. Hydra : Brackets and Bolts
17. Purple Beasty : Brackets and Bolts (pending freight to NZ)
18. Yannis-supras (from CS.com) : Brackets & bolts
19. negative boost : Brackets and Bolts
20. Enchanter : Brackets and Bolts
21. timottaway : Brackets and Bolts

Update 9th Aug : The bolts have arrived (see pic at end of thread), and I have enough to do 17 car sets of brackets. Once I get the brackets done, I'll ask for confirmation of interest via a deposit, and the rest of the funds once the brackets are completed.

Cheers

Michael B

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 22:57]

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gimme a general price, including shipping both ways, and I'll decide my interest.

Aust Post *might* take it, as I'm pretty sure its less than 20kg, otherwise would you be looking at a courier?

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 10:38

Gimme a general price, including shipping both ways, and I'll decide my interest.

Aust Post *might* take it, as I'm pretty sure its less than 20kg, otherwise would you be looking at a courier?

As above for both me and Tim (ZZT231). I'm sure he's got 2 spare cross-members at home which we can send to you.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 10:08

No go with Aust Post as it is over 1 metre in length.

Shipping is your responsibility, unless you want the brackets and camber bolts only.

I can't give a general price at the moment, as I don't know what I can get the camber bolts for, and need to look properly at how much effort is put into a jig to ensure alignment, so really just getting feelers for serious contenders.

PP's price was around the $200 per x-member I think excluding shipping (Norbs may be able to give a better figure).

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Australia Post will take over 1m lengths, you just have to take it to a Business centre that fills the cages, and not a general post office.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may be more feasable for me to purchase brackets/bolts from youand have the xmember welded up down here - once you have more details, I'd be interested in prices of just the components.

I have some questions regarding the mod itself, but will do a search first Wink

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found the thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=25577&rid=405&S=13c626090fceca88d3b0b72f 089897ef&pl_view=&start=0#msg_219933

Looking at the pics of the work involved, I think I'm out at this stage.
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I am interested.

Just give me an approximate cost and I can send the crossmember to you.

Cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent work Michael. I've hit a few brick walls trying to get adjustable camber on my MA61, so I know how much effort has done into this.

Count me in as 100% definite. Can't really see the point in sending a crossmember all the way to Adelaide and back, I'll just take the bolts and brackets. Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimme a week or so until I check what my rear camber is at the moment- I think it's about perfect (-1 or so)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 11:15

gimme a week or so until I check what my rear camber is at the moment- I think it's about perfect (-1 or so)

Perfect while sitting there, but put the boot in and she'll sqaut some more.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 10:46

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 10:38

As above for both me and Tim (ZZT231). I'm sure he's got 2 spare cross-members at home which we can send to you.

I'm interested, though depending on the price of thte brackets and bolts as getting the rear subframe sent to SA would kill me...
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second that.

definetly take the bolts and brackets though! cost depending obviously Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 06:08]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am interested in the cost for bracket+bolts only??

it would be for use in an MZ10 not MA61 but i think there are few differences in the rear setup (apart from the current contents of the diff housing)?

cheers,
charles
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would also like to express a serious interest in the bolts and brackets kit. Costs would be great. Smile

(slightly off topic, have you explored the idea of installing spherical bearings in the rear arms?)

Cheers
Wilbo
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy,

I am interested in the brackets and bolts only depending on price...

Cheers.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like camber Nod
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 17:02

(slightly off topic, have you explored the idea of installing spherical bearings in the rear arms?)

Cheers
Wilbo

Working on costs guys. Turns out the camber bolts are an OTS part !!!

There is a guy in the states who has done this Wilbo, and am waiting for data on this, but it would be pretty easy, but the ride would be VERY harsh. He has also replaced the rear subframe bushings (subframe to body) with poly mounts as well !!

Cheers

Michael B
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 07 June 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 07:25

He has also replaced the rear subframe bushings (subframe to body) with poly mounts as well !!

Oooh! How? This would be very handy indeed, my subframe doesn't like 305hp going through it...
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 09:16

He has also replaced the rear subframe bushings (subframe to body) with poly mounts as well !!

Oooh! How? This would be very handy indeed, my subframe doesn't like 305hp going through it...

I'll see what I can find out, but I think it has been covered in CS.com previously.

MB
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possibly OT but also might be helpful..

in conversation at last weekend's ARC/QRC rally, one guy said to me...

Ford used to use bolts for adjustable (off-centre) bushes - the end with the wide plate had an curved extension with with a serrated/knurled face that would interlock with similar shaped face on the chassis.

next time i'm at the wreckers i'll look under a few ford shitboxes - but if anyone's got one on a hoist perhaps they could loojk underneath.

A local supply of the bolts mught be handy (as i'd guess that a ford bush probably wont fit a toyota lower swing arm).
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 09:46

There's a guide on celicasupra.com IIRC. I'm pretty sure you can buy the bushes from Superpro here, too.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here: http://suprawes.sitesled.com/webs/supra/suspension /rearbush/rearbushings.htm
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found the thread on cs.com, and it mentions the bushes are available from 935 Motorsports. Link here:

http://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php ?cPath=79_15_59&products_id=393

Sure enough they're SuperPro bushes, "Special order from Australia", listed at US$89. Does anyone know where I can buy SuperPro products locally?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. Go to the Superpro website, use their form or email them & ask them who your closest distributor is.

I did this a few weeks ago, got a reply within a day or so. As I'm in Tas, the closest distributor for my in is Vic, but tsuperpro said the prices would be the same as buying direct from them (+postage). Haven't called up yet.

EDIT: Or, a lot easier, you could just go here: Razz
http://superpro.com.au/fulcrum_distribution_superp ro_superpro_qld_distributors.html Let me know what the prices are like. It seems that superpro=fulcrum, who are based in qld anyway IIRC. Perhaps a toyods group buy may be in order?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 02:51]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:06

I found the thread on cs.com, and it mentions the bushes are available from 935 Motorsports. Link here:

http://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php ?cPath=79_15_59&products_id=393

Sure enough they're SuperPro bushes, "Special order from Australia", listed at US$89. Does anyone know where I can buy SuperPro products locally?

Dunno about Qld, but a place near me deals in Super Pro.

The local distributor in Adelaide wants $140 incl GST per set for the SPF1447K.

Can anyone get it cheaper ?

BTW, the drawings have been rec'd so will start the pricing for getting them made. Let you know ASAP !!!
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit my above post. Perhaps a group buy would be A Good Thing?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:18

Perhaps a toymods group buy may be in order?

Sounds good. You volunteering ????????????????/
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:55

Stefan wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:18

Perhaps a toymods group buy may be in order?

Sounds good. You volunteering ????????????????/

I guess it's my turn Razz I guess I'll have to ask Superpro directly. Can't call them right now so will sent off an email.
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys,

i should be getting a set of these in the next week or so.

i got my bro to head off to super pro and order everything they have for tha ma61.
there was a distributor about 5mins from him in Wadonga of all places.

total was about $330 i think.

cant remember if those poly's where included... for memory i think they were. had to get them in from their warehouse.

can probably help organise a group buy if need be

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 05:38]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viper_III wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 15:33

can probably help organise a group buy if need be

I've sent them an email. As there isn't a distributor in my state, it may have to to someone else, but we'll see what their reply is. I'll post any resposne here.
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent

ill also post how much i got charged for the stuff
maybe the distributors can discount alittle better.

probly should get a count of how many sets we would be up for.
ie 10+ probably could get a decent discount.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Incidently, are we talking about complete kits, or just particular bushings? [should this be a new thread yet?]
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
i'm interested in brackets and bolts only, though i would like to know the price first thanks bbaacchhyy.
Spence
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:36

http://fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/fulcrum_distribut ion_superpro_superpro_qld_distributors.html

Theres quite a list of distributors
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, well,
its its not a kit, but its all the bushing superpro have.

so i guess you could call it complete.

as for the new thread... well i guess being a group buy possibility... probably should be Razz
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 12:48

EDIT: Or, a lot easier, you could just go here: Razz
http://superpro.com.au/fulcrum_distribution_superp ro_superpro_qld_distributors.html

Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 17:17[url=http://fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/fulcrum_distribut ion_superpro_superpro_qld_distributors.html

http://fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/fulcrum_distribut ion_superpro_superpro_qld_distributors.html[/url]

Theres quite a list of distributors

Rolling Eyes Razz

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any auto parts shop should be able to order them in, repco, auto one etc.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 08 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brackets and Bolts for me too please Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Sat, 11 June 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update - got a reply:

Quote:

Hi Stefan.Thanks for your email.
Whats probably best is we require specific applications your after. We have a wide range of bushes to suit these vehicles all varying at different prices. The dicount will be car club prices but again these prices will vary.
Thanks again

Sounds promising. I'll send them the complete list of superpro bushings for xA6xs - or does anyone have a better idea?
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Sun, 12 June 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in for brackets & bolts.
marc00013390
Regular

November 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Sun, 12 June 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be chasing some bushes too.
Im in Wodonga and know the distributors locally.
Might be able to work out something decent pending interest.
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Sun, 12 June 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha,

those guys will be wondering whats going on in Wodonga
1 Million % increase in ma-61 bushings Razz
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 14 June 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be a bit late but i came across these universal camber bolts that whiteline make, not sure if they would work for the MA61 though

http://img210.echo.cx/img210/2268/camberbolts7px.jpg
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 14 June 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
negative boost wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 23:48

I might be a bit late but i came across these universal camber bolts that whiteline make, not sure if they would work for the MA61 though

http://img210.echo.cx/img210/2268/camberbolts7px.jpg

Would need to know the dimensions of the bolt to determine if it is any good or not.

Cheers

MB
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 15 June 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha I don't pay attention to the forums for a week and something cool happens!!

Count me in - pending pricing of course. I'll just rip out my rear crossmember when it's time (hopefully).
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 15 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brackets and bolts, subject to pricing and freight to NZ.

Callum
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Mon, 20 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've obtained group buy prices on SuperPro bushes - separate EOI group buy thread here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72435&rid=405&S=b33de4068052bcd58573edc2 a389caae&pl_view=&start=0#msg_678322
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 22 June 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How goes the progress???

Worked a deal for the bolts and plans??
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 22 June 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viper_III wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 23:19

How goes the progress???

Worked a deal for the bolts and plans??

Gotta finalise the drawings this weekend.

Then I can get quotes on getting them made as the guy that will be doing it has got back from holidays today (and he's gotta finish my radiator first).

Waiting for the bolt guy to get back from the States. He should be back today as well.

Standby to standby. Cool
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Wed, 22 June 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Sun, 03 July 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just time for an update.

I completed the drawings on the weekend and they have been taken to be quoted and am looking at either 10 or 20 car sets to get pricing on.

Will try and get pricing on the camber bolts as well.

Standby to Standby.

Cheers

Michael B
yannis-supras
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 05 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Michael, don't forget to include me too in those 10-20 sets Very Happy Wink

Thanks
Yannis
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 05 July 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thought you people with trailing arm irs is , once you lower the ride height of the vehicle the arm angle is decreased , this angle is there so product anti squat in the movement of the suspension . To return this to standard people with modified irs 1600's etc which are a direct copy of BMW's early 2002 etc designs is to move the arm location point higher back to the original position . Mostly a easier way to make this in a race related rose joint operation is to not have the brackets mounted horizontally , the brackets for the arm are top and bottom of the arm , a rose joint is bolted to the arm and spacers are used inbetween for setting this angle . This makes the setup completely adjustable for the ride height of the vehicle , also making the rose joint adjustment on the arm allows the arm to be adjusted in and out altering the toe etc . Mostly the inner rose joint is fixxed like a pressed in rose joint and the outer is the adjustable one . I did have a picture somewhere of this set up on opel which the irs is like a vr-vs style .
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 05 July 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 20:22

Another thought you people with trailing arm irs is , once you lower the ride height of the vehicle the arm angle is decreased , this angle is there so product anti squat in the movement of the suspension . To return this to standard people with modified irs 1600's etc which are a direct copy of BMW's early 2002 etc designs is to move the arm location point higher back to the original position . Mostly a easier way to make this in a race related rose joint operation is to not have the brackets mounted horizontally , the brackets for the arm are top and bottom of the arm , a rose joint is bolted to the arm and spacers are used inbetween for setting this angle . This makes the setup completely adjustable for the ride height of the vehicle , also making the rose joint adjustment on the arm allows the arm to be adjusted in and out altering the toe etc . Mostly the inner rose joint is fixxed like a pressed in rose joint and the outer is the adjustable one . I did have a picture somewhere of this set up on opel which the irs is like a vr-vs style .

Yes please.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ??????? Tue, 26 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, time for an update for the patient peoples....

The bolts have been sourced, I am just waiting for them to arrive. The brackets are being quoted at the monet, but the mate that I have asked to quote making them is pretty busy, so I may seek another source of manufacture.

Stay tuned

cheers

Michael B
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 26/7 Tue, 26 July 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The suspense is killing me!!

Nice work man.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 26/7 Tue, 26 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 13:56

The suspense is killing me!!

Nice work man.

It is killing me too, but sometimes the wheels turn slowly .....
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 26/7 Mon, 08 August 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bolts have finally arrived, and here is proof.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9180/200508030950iw.jpg
Nice and shiny and bling !!!!

Once I get the brackets quoted, I'll start confirming orders with deposits

Cheers

Michael B

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 22:03]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Adjustable Rear Camber for MA61 - Anyone interested ? Update 9 Aug Mon, 08 August 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
shibby.
I should really find out what camber I'm running, see if I need these Smile
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 4AGE firing order and injectors??
Next Topic:Corolla SX Fuel Pump location?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:03:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009350061416626 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.