Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » so i got to drive a quick car today...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 06:48 Go to next message
just thought id share my experience Smile

today i got the opportunity to take a 9 second Pac Performance RX3 for a spin. well what can i say Very Happy the previous fasted car i have driven would probably be a low 12 second car so this was a pretty big step up. even with 365 semi slicks on the rear it struggles for traction, the torque was amazing. i was a bit nervous giving it the boot cause i know this guy has spent ALOT of money on this car, it always has the best of the best. every time an updated turbo or ecu or whatever comes out, this car gets it.
the car is yet to be run on the track with the new 3 speed auto put in, but with the smaller turbo, different exhaust and older model ecu put in it ran a 10.0, with the new setup and the auto put in Pac estimate a low 9 possibly a high 8 second pass on C16. not bad for a road registered car Smile
if anyone wants to offer me a drive in an even faster car, lemme know Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this is abit off topic but the fastest cars i've driven is Audi TT and Hsv Clubsport. And i'm only on my P's Razz

My 2c
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest car i have driven wrx, fastest car been in either evo 6 or lotus elise.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive driven WRX's, clubsports, skylines, porshes, supras, 200SX's, V8 turbo bentley etc... so many cars on my P's but NOTHING comes close to the thrill you get in a car that easily lifts the front wheels Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing that quick but have driven a twin turbo v8 lotus esprit and what a car it was i think thats what ill buy when i reach 25
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest car ive driven is my 4age rolla Laughing

it's faster than my dad's c180 merc (no supercharger) Rolling Eyes
hmm, maybe not, but my dad did think it was quick Laughing
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm nice,

fastest car's i've driven would include a V6 bora, new liberty GT and an R33gtst.
fastest car i've been in probably a series 5 rx7 with 303rwkw
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
405hp Gen-IV Pontiac GTO Evil or Very Mad

Riden in a 03/04 Falcon GT too, but the dude was driving like a girl Crying or Very Sad

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RX3's are cool. A friend has just finished his off so in the next month or two it'll be on the street. High comp RX4 block, a suck through fifty five and methanol. Can you say "old school"? Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 12:28]

-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My quickest is probably the Audi RS4, noticably quicker than the S6... but the S6 was auto.

Ridden in m3s, couple of 911s (incl older turbo: angry animal that one) and a couple of old ferraris (worked 308 and 328, so not super quick, but jeez, niiice...)

Maybe its the step from riding to driving, but the RS4 was the quickest.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeet!

Fastest car I have driven, probably a Supra capable of 10s (410rwkw) and an 11 second R33 GTR.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any of you guys willing to lend the car to joorsh in about 6 months? he owes me a ride in a 10 second car on 21st december this year
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, forgot about the quickest i've ridden in. (Not sure how! It was on the track so maybe i was thinking street...)

Anyway, R32 GTR, 3 litre kit, big cams, HUGE twin turbos, R34 6 speed, torque controller... (owned by one of the owners of a prominent syd import wreckers)

Was a laggy beast, but when it hit at 4500-5000rpm the last 3000rpm went by in a flash, took about as long to rev out as it did to boost, even in 4th, ran out of room at wakefield at about 230km/hr.

SO much quicker than anything else, but the RS4 was just so refined and well behaved, till you stood on it and the traction control light lit up for a second or two when you flat shifted 2nd. And 3rd.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds hot,

The quickest ive been in is actually hard to decide,I was fortunate enough to go for a ride in my mates 98 911 Gamballa tuned weapon in Melbourne and when I thought I was getting my licence back I flew up to Brisbane to buy a silver twin turbo Honda NSX,the NSX was probably a bit more linial in the power curve but the turbo 911 was just an animal. Also got to take my old bosses Ferrari 355 spider up to the Hunter Valley for the weekend after winning an incentive at work,that was awsome but there were some hairy moments thrown in Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was lucky enough to drive the Mitsubishi ralliart modified EVO VIII

dammmmmmmmn thats a great car!

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 13:36]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Godddamn you guys have driven some nice cars.

Fastest car I've driven...probably my car (i.e not that fast Smile)

I've been for a thrash in my grandpa's Detomaso Mangusta, and Bentley Turbo R.

He sold them both Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 13:56]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sadly, the fastest car I've driven is also my car. but since I'm guessing it'll run a high 12 sec quarter, I guess it's not too bad.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine would have to be my own 11sec RX3. Despite it being the tightest 1973 car I've ever seen, it still felt like everything was going to fall off it at around 160kmh. My dad actually thought we were going to take off when I toook him for a drive because the only thing he had been in with that sort of acceleration before was a plane!
then I bought an R32 and at 160kmh it felt like I was doing 60... RX3's are fun.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Tue, 07 June 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel stupid now.

Fastest car I've driven was my soarer.

Before that, it would've been an old falcon

*runs away*
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest car I have ever driven was a 600odd rwkw Supercharged VY VX GTS...this was a scary ass car...lights 5th gear at 100+ kmh without a problem..

fastest car I have owned would have to be the soarer, sounds like a jet, drinks fuel like a fuel drinking fish but it busts out hard and I wouldnt have it any other way Very Happy
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again it would have to be my car, but after mine would have to be a TD5 discovery, when boost came on they went pretty quick for a 3000kg 4wd
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fastest car i have been in would have to be either my mates mazda 626 13bt (2rotor) if anybody knows it, it ran a 12.6 on street tyres with a f@#$%d diff and clutch with the gearbox on its way out. Other than that it would be my dads 34 chev with 454 keith black big block. dont know what it weighs or runs but shit an old hot rod like that being able to lift both front wheels was fun.

www.ripperhotrodhire.com

Hot rods are cool
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fastest car i've driven was mine.... it runs about a low 14 sec 1/4 mile. lol Laughing
I'll get myself a supra one day.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest car i have ever driven would be...
a 180sx with gt35 turbo microtech ecu, forged internals, 600hp fuel pump, 750cc injectors, hydrolic lifters, external wastegate, the list goes on and it was running 20psi
KINDA SCARY
julian
Regular

March 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r33 with 618hp at the wheelz!! a 500hp auscar with basiclly no exasuht system and an 11 sec r32 that was far to fully sick!
Cool
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fastest Vehicle, my dads 2004 Yamaha fjr1300. Then my bro's honda CBR900, next to that would be my worked 2004 kawasaki KX125 MX bike, fastest thing on dirt and in the air.
My celica's arnt even worth typing but they are the quickest cars in the family...

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've ridden in a 13 sec drag car down the strip when i was 4, u used to be able to have a passenger back in he 80's

but coming from a family background of such worked to shit cars, i havent been in that much,

never got to drive our 7 sec prostock tho Sad RIP
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apart from the RX3 when i was about 5 my old man took me for a spin round oran park in the toyota team ae86 levin rally car, and so started the passion Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fastest and scariest car I have been in is an RB27(stroker kit) powered S13 when it was making 280rwkw. That was on 12psi. It makes 390rwkw on 22psi Shocked .
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fastest car I've been in is SW20 with a Gen 3 3S-GTE making 154RWKW, fastest car I've driven is my own Embarassed Anyone wanting to offer me a drive in a faster car be my guest Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 12:10]

tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatsest cars ive been in 98 or an 04 wrx, fastest car ive driven (sad but true) 04 hyundai santa fe (im only 16) but i have had ke30king's ke30 rolla up to about 160-170 kmh

i did go in targa in an elfin clubman.
DrSassy
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canary Yellow 911 Covert on the Autobahn. Sticks like sh1t to a blanket Very Happy

400kw Maybach. For a 3 ton car to pull to 100 kph in just over 5 seconds...friggin amazing.

Aston Martin vanquish "theres not a lot a qirl won't do in the front seat of one of these..." say no more. Cool
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 10:14

drinks fuel like a fuel drinking fish

Laughing
turboii
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest car i have been in is my PAC built rx7. Not sure on the power as she spun the wheels on the dyno in 3rd Very Happy

Goes ok though. BUT I NEED MORE. hahaha.

800 hp 20b is in the pipe work.

And yeh i know its not a toyota, but one of my other cars is.
WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The Ford F6 Typhoon......550 Nm.

With the twin clutch plate, vvt...constant torque between 1500rpm and 5500rpm.

Traction control.

Engine will rev till 8000, turbo drops out 6000rpm.
6 forward gears.

This is a very serious car.

Considering the size, it steers incredibly.

To get 550Nm in a stock porshe will cost you about 10000000.

In fact I cant think of much better value for money.

Please get off your imported arses and have steer.

More torque than the GT.

WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opps $1000 000.00 porshe
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WIRTH wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 04:01

The Ford F6 Typhoon......550 Nm.

With the twin clutch plate, vvt...constant torque between 1500rpm and 5500rpm.

Traction control.

Engine will rev till 8000, turbo drops out 6000rpm.
6 forward gears.

This is a very serious car.

Considering the size, it steers incredibly.

To get 550Nm in a stock porshe will cost you about 10000000.

In fact I cant think of much better value for money.

Please get off your imported arses and have steer.

More torque than the GT.

funny that cos i'm pretty sure the sixes have a rev limiter at 5.9 to 6krpm
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you can actually get more torque than that in a porsche Cayenne Turbo for around 200k and a GT2 which cost 400k stop dribbling shit. Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Wed, 08 June 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scaries vehicle would have to bean old HQ trayback ute, so much rust in it you could lift a corner of the cabin off the chassis. BUT, the engine was one of Alan Grice's group A motors. This thing could hammer.
The story goes that the owner was peddling down the freeway when a 911 tears past him, so he drops a gear and sets chase. Passes him then a few k's later pulls into the servo, soon followed by the Porsche.

Porche man: Fark man, what is in there, I was already doing 180 and you blew past me like i was standing still!!! What speed were you doing?

HQ man:Dunno man, Got no working instruments on the dash!
WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Thu, 09 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
f6 is $60000...am I dribbling, opps.
Still seems a bargain, considering the handling, and I agree hard to believe considering the history of the falcons front end

The engine can handle 8000 rpm, the turbo cuts out a approx 6000rpm.

But it is engine braking that takes over 6000, and it sounds great at full revs...will do it all day.

ozstrider
Regular

September 2004
Re: so i got to drive a quick car today... Thu, 09 June 2005 04:08 Go to previous message
Fastest car ive driven is a manual XR6T. Fastest ive been in was prolly TT Supra.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Curious mind here
Next Topic:Do u think GT4 is a good measure/gauge of cars.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:40:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075597763061523 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.