Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » a blown head gasket or not that is the question?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

icon9.gif  a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:26 Go to next message
ok i dunno if i've blown my head gasket, the pic below shows the choc milk crap on my radiator cap. The coolent is nice and green and there are no bubbles showing when the car is running

http://img206.echo.cx/img206/2108/untitled1si.png

I havn't noticed any power loss but i don't think a 2s-c had any to start with.

I have to fill up my oil abit like once a month.

Is it blown?

i don't really care anyways i got two spare heads and a 3t-gteu coming this weekend hehehe
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Tue, 07 June 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks all bad. Does it use water? Looks much like a BHG to me.

What does a compression test show?

Cheers
Wilbo
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Tue, 07 June 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it use water? you mean coolent?

it uses hardly any top it up every month.

havn't done a compression test yet
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Tue, 07 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check milk in oil, and bubbles in coolant after car has been running. also you may find a little insight below>

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71129&start=0&rid=4036&S=9fb507964af 2a8ce2275f34f7a2add32

you will find your answers within...hopefully.

Leigh.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Tue, 07 June 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sxr01r wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 20:40

check milk in oil, and bubbles in coolant after car has been running. also you may find a little insight below>

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=71129&start=0&rid=4036&S=9fb507964af 2a8ce2275f34f7a2add32

you will find your answers within...hopefully.

Leigh.

the oil looks good, not a sign of milky crap and there are no bubbles in the coolent after it running.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well by the sounds of things its not a BHG, give it a compression test and you will know for sure. clean the gunk off the radiator cap and see if it comes back.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got a compression tester but it's old and can't get it in there.

I've cleaned it off a few times and it appears like once ever two months but the things is, it appears suddenly not builds up slowly.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have at the minumim oil getting in to the cooling system unless someone added oil instead of coolant!does yours have a cooler for the box in the bottom of the radiator? if not its head gasket. change head gasket and hot flush cooling system and get the radiator flushed and tell them there was oil in the system. also use an oil flush and get the engine at hot idle and then change the oil.you pain, just looked, i had to look at your car on profile to guess at the engine.if k or 4ac you are either using the auto radiator water to water cooler for your oil cooler or you have an auto. so its a leak inside radiator or head gasket.
mick
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's got a 2s-c. I'm not gonna do all that until the engine blows up and if that i'm sticking the 3t-gteu in.

But i guess the best thing to do is do a compression test. Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why the question?
mick
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Wed, 08 June 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wanted to know if it's on it's way out and how long i got left on the thing. Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Thu, 09 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ryan, chances are its not BHG

you'd be facing milky oil, oil in your coolant etc.

still, it could be hiding, flush your coolant out and have a look to see if theres any oil in it.

doesnt matter anyway, since you going to put the 3tgte in there... arent you? Evil or Very Mad

Eldar.O.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Thu, 09 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone may have dumped some radiator cleaner or hole fixer in the cooling system in the past?

but chocolate/milky crap is usually emulsified oil.

dumb question: have you recycled any old oil containters as emergency coolant/water containers? i once did this only to end up dumping a whole lot of oil the radiator by accident.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: a blown head gasket or not that is the question? Thu, 09 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous message
i flush the radiator about a year ago, it looked all nice and clean in there.

I don't think i've use a oil bottle to put fluid in.

oh well if any problems occur i'll know what it'll proberly be
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TURBO ON 5K
Next Topic:G series LSD diff oil
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 06:51:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048630237579346 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.