Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
icon14.gif  Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 27 August 2002 14:31 Go to next message
Ok people... Here are the details of my car as of now...

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL
1990 Toyota Corolla SX

ENGINE HARDWARE
4A-GE 100kW 16 Valve

ENGINE ACCESSORIES
Hurricane 4-2-1 Extractors
2" Sports Exhaust
NGK Laser Platinum Premium Spark Plugs
Optima Yellow Top 750CCA Spiral Cell Battery

DRIVELINE HARDWARE
Standard Toyota 5 - Speed Gearbox
Daikin Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch

BRAKES
DBA Slotted Discs Up Front With Bendix Metal King Brake Pads
Standard Discs In The Rear With Standard Toyota Rear Brake Pads

SUSPENSION
Lowered 3 Inches At The Rear and 2.5 Inches At The Front Using Hardened Springs
Standard Shocks
Nolothane Bushes
Front Factory Strut Brace

BODYWORK
Resprayed In Red
Lipped And Rolled Rear Guards
Removed Door Locks

ROLLING STOCK
17x7 Racing Sparco NS II Pythons wrapped in Marshall rubber

INTERIOR GADGETRY
MOMO Shoulder Pads (Front)
Ricer Shoulder Pads (Rear)
MOMO Race Steering Wheel
Autotechnica Monza Sport Bucket Seat
AXS Seat Covers
Razo Gear Knob

STEREO COMPONENTS
Alpine 60x4 CD Player
Alpine 6.5-Inch Component Speakers With Tweeters
Alpine 400W 2-Channel Amplifier
Alpine 1000W 2-Channel Amplifier
Alpine Type R 12-Inch Subwoofers x 2
Custom Subwoofer Box With Dual Chambers
Pioneer 6x9s
Pioneer 4-Inch Co-Axials
Custom MDF False Floor
Custom MDF Parcel Shelf
*****More stereo coming very shortly*****

PLANNED MODIFICATIONS
K&N Panel Filter Using Stock Airbox
Short Shift Kit
Koni Full Adjustable Shocks With Lowered And Hardened King Springs
3 Inch Cold Air Intake Into Standard Airbox
All Dents and Rust To Be Removed
Full Respray In Candy Apple Red With Gold Pearl
Spray Dash Panels In Blue
Custom Door Pods To Be Made To Suit Original Door Trims In Place Of Map Pockets
Colour Code Plastics, Clips And Other Goodies In Blue
5% Window Tinting All Round
2" Mandrel Bent Exhaust With High Flow Cat, Centre Muffler, Bazooka Style Rear Muffler And A 5" Dump Tip
Spray Front And Rear Calipers Blue

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2004 11:05]

Send a private message to this user    
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Rolla Boy's Corolla SX Tue, 27 August 2002 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the RED Exclamation

looks good Ben have to hurry up and get it all finished so you can drive to tafe and i can have a look at it.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Rolla Boy's Corolla SX Wed, 28 August 2002 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I need to get it finished... I'm sctually getting fit because it's been so long since i've driven it (3 months) Cry Cry Cry ...
But lickily I have nice friends that don't mind picking me up and taking me places... Thankyou to all those people Smile Smile Smile ...

[Updated on: Wed, 28 August 2002 03:36]

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Rolla Boy's Corolla SX Wed, 28 August 2002 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'm pretty unfit the most walking i do of a week is the walk from the bottom tafe car park up to the top where the kiosk is. and i'm always buggered after that hehehe
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Rolla Boy's Corolla SX Wed, 28 August 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rolla Boy,

Quote:

ENGINE HARDWARE
4A-GE 100kW 16 Valve

Your engine looks as it is a blue top 4age ?
Or at least it looks like it has the bigport intake manifold.
Whats the go?

BTW sweet looking car u got there Nod
Go the rolla's !
Jon the red and white rolla army Wink
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Rolla Boy's Corolla SX Wed, 28 August 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally someone noticed...
Yes, in that photo, it had the 86kW T-VIS head sitting on a 100kW block... Now there is no motor in it as i'm rebuilding to make it a complete 100kW version... When I bought the car, I was not that familiar with Toyota's so I didn't know... But now after i've joined Toymods and got into the technical issues, i'm learning a lot more and finding out a lot more about how dodgy my motor is... The motor is now down to a bare block and i'm taking the pistons out at the moment... I've found the busted bottom end bearing and it's only about 1-2mm thick... Very close to doing major damage... I was lucky that I stopped driving when I did...
Thanks for the comment dude...
Mate, I'd love to join the rolla army but that won't be for a while...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 17 October 2002 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE ON COROLLA

Finally I'll update this thread...

Since last time, the motor has been out of the car for quite a while now... The car has been off the road for 5 months now... The entire interior came out to make it easier for the stereo install to be performed... The CD Deck has now been installed and most of the wires run through... (A massive thanks goes out to Karl and his car audio skills were muchly appreciated)...

Today I put all the interior back in to get ready for the rest of the stereo install... Then I'll send the door trims in to get done with pods and some life put into them...

I'm hopeing that I'll have the motor back in around 2 weeks max so it can be dropped in...

So in the not too soon future, I'll need to do:
Finish off the stereo install,
Get tyres,
Finish off motor,
Paint interior
and that should do it for now...

I'm sure that there will be more stuff to do in the future but this will be good enough for the moment...

I'll try to organise some pics to be put up on the web and then I'll post 'em here...
ChRiStOf
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 20 October 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ben.

Its Chris, with the 3S/FE SV21.......

Like the pics, can't wait to see it on the road when shes all done.

Hey, the cruise was great on Saturday wasn't it......

I had a great time, can't wait for the next one when you'll be there pumping the tunes and clearing the way.....

Talk to you l8er
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 21 October 2002 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude,
I can't wait either... It's been like 5 months now...
Good news though... The motor should and hopefully will be going in on Saturday and then just a few little things need to be done before I start driving again... Like a clutch and brakes might actually help Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

The cruise was awesome... A lot more people than the last one up the old PAC... I think there was around 8 cars last time... A big improvement and the Wiseman's run was also cool...

Clearing the way??? How do you mean???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 21 October 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he means blaring out tunes to ward off the innocent! Evil or Very Mad
maybe when your done u can drive me around ben?

ill talk to my friend today about door trims for the rolla
ChRiStOf
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 22 October 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cleaaring the way meaning you'll be up in front cranking and leaving everyone for dead*, me, I'll be in the back going ben, wait up.......then mumbling to myself, damn, I should've got that supercharger.

Catch up with you next cruise hey, maybe you wanna meet up when you get your beast up and running, aka, with a clutch, brakes.....ha, you've got gears don't you.....

*Oh yeah, and warding of innocent bystanders, and or, attracting attention to the cruise.....

Chris
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 24 October 2002 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe... Hopefully there will be lots of scenery that needs to be looked at Razz Razz Razz ...

Yeah, I've got gears...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sat, 02 November 2002 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update Time Again...

Dropped the motor in today with small hassle... Just have to do a few more things and it should be running...

To get it back on the road, the following need to be completed:
Finish off putting all the vacuum lines back on and a few other cables and sensors...
Put the new slotted discs and pads in, clean and grease calipers...
Put the front of the car back together - Headlights and the bumper bar...
Put the wheels back on...
Complete the A/C setup and get it all re-gassed...
And I think that's it for the moment...

After that, then the stereo goes in, the interior gets a bit of a face lift, a few engine bits get sprayed to match the car and spray the front and rear calipers in (Maybe) blue...

Then after that, I put it into a mates shop to have the rust cut out, all the dents removed and a full respray...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 03 November 2002 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, you didnt take any pictures of the whole conversion did ya??
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 03 November 2002 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, I have about 200 pics... I have no way of getting them online otherwise I would've packed this thread...
I want to make a page in the near future of the motor rebuild and the sound system installation and a few other things that I'm doing to it now and in the near future...

Also New Update:
An Autotecnica Monza Sport bucket seat now resides in the drivers seat position...
Insane Sx
Regular

August 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 05 November 2002 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ben i just remebered when reading through ur car stats..

That your best friend ANDREW Laughing Laughing Laughing told me when i was gonna buy the car, that the shocks may need to be replaced soon...

I dunno how true this is, but he told me that before he was gonna sell me the car and i doubt that he would lie about something like that (since telling me would devalue the car)?

Good to see you took the OZZY tire sticker off the rolla, cuase when i was gonna buy it it had ozzy tire sticker!

I should look back through all the ICQ history i had talked to him about his/your car and if their is anything else i should tell you about!

Anyways you would know more than me, last time i saw your car was like October last year and it had a dickhead driving it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2002 06:39]

Insane Sx
Regular

August 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 05 November 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW Ben

How is your car a AE93 when its a 1990 model?

Mines a 1991 and its an AE92 ??

I dont understand, i though only the later sx seca's and GTI's came as AE93?

Am i wrong to call my corolla an AE92 ?
ChRiStOf
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 05 November 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ben......

Bad news, I managed to total the camry on the Pacific Hwy Saturday morning Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

It is a 'write off' and I am waiting for the payout, and also to pull the stereo out that wasn't covered by insurance.
The annoying thing is, the insurance company may not let me pull it out, if that happens, I may have to call in some friends to get it, if you know what I mean...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

It was on the pacific Hwy just past Knox, just before the lawn bowls heading south. Was in the middle lane behind a truck and a bus, hence I skipped into the gutter lane to overtake and there was a car stopped around the corner I didn't see, not in traffic mind you, just stopped, bastard. Mad

Hence, I had to hit the skids, compression lockup occured, damn it and I hit the gutter on the corner of where the street comes out on that corner, it was a blind corner curving to the right, so I couldn't see around the corner untill I had accelerated and moved out.

I basically disintegrated the front left hand corner of the car, because I hit the gutter on the corner where the street comes out, you can still see the skid marks, very scary, so, I hit the gutter under full lock up, hence the car is gone.
I am ok though, if you were worried.

Talk to you later no doubt. Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 05 November 2002 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke,
The shocks still seem okay... The Ozzy Tyres sticker is still on the car... I might pull it off later on...
I don't think you need to tell me if any other shit is wrong with the car... I found out a huge thing tonight... Lets just say that I am well and truely pissed off at the moment... I am soo ready to go out now, find that fuckwit and kill the fuckin prick!!! I swear to god, if I see the cunt, I am gunna kill the bastard... Sorry about the language people, but I am sooo pissed off at the moment and I cannot calm myself down...

You will find the model of the car incorperated into the VIN number... Mine has a few numbers, the "AE93" and then a few more numbers and letters...

Just check the VIN number on your rego papers on on the firewall inside the engine bay...

Chris,
That sucks mate... I know what you mean about crashing the car and then having to remove stereos afterwards Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

I hope that my car will be running soon and then I'll take you on a cruise...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 05 November 2002 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pictures removed off website...

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:33]

Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Wed, 06 November 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good Ben Surprised ... Like the racing seat.. pretty cool!! Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 07 November 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanks matey... The seat is bloody comfortable but has to be pulled out to spray the runners and that... So that's another job that has to be done in the near future...

But Hopefully it will be running today...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 07 November 2002 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris,

If you insurance company says they wont let you take you steroe gear, that is bullshit. If they aren't listed on the policy, then they become "personal items" and as such you are free to take them in and out as you please. If your insurance comany still wont let you... just say something like.. i need to get to the car because their is an important phone number and some other document which i desperately need to take from the car. When u then go.. take your mates ( i will assit if need be) and TURBO remove you stereo... just dont give a shit about anything. rip off door trims half arsed, pull the head unit out and cut the loom at the back (make sure you keep the one for your unit, they are expensive) and take out your amps.... you will need a cordless drill, some screwdirvers, sidecutters and not much else.

When i wrote off my puslar i had to do the same. Rather than tell the insureance company that i needed to get out my stereo, i just told them there were some personal items i had to remove from the car. I had chosen the towie and where it had gone too anyway, so i called them direct after the insurance company, got them to open up for me and in i went.. removed all my shit and took it away with me... you should have seen the butchered car afterwards.....
We took EVERYTHING! my mate had lower tread on his tyres... so we swapped wheels, i wanted the alarm... so i removed it and dodged up the wiring, i took all the stereo out including all cables... so the carpet got ripped up.. i broke half the dash (was slightly broken cos if stack anyway)... removed the central locking, subs, amps, head unit, power cable, etc etc etc!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 07 November 2002 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy Crap... Looks like you totally rooted the car Karl...

What did the insurance company say???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing... the car was bent... so if they had've asked.. it was like that before the acco!!

i made stuff still work, and just dodgy put shit back together. it was all good
ChRiStOf
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, thanks for your concern, it really is appreciated.
I like turbo uninstalling, how about we try that on a car parked in the street Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was able to go in and take all my gear out, everything I wanted anyways. That is the amps, subs, splits, thats all.
The NRMA said that if I took something out, it had to be replaced with the working original, what a load of SHIT!!! Laughing
Hence, I ended up just getting the expensice working gear out, bought a set of $16 speakers, yes, $16, and put them in place rather than the splits, left the headunit in cause it was stuffed (was practically chewing CD's)and the 6x9's in the back were crappy phillips.
So, BASICALLY, I left the car with a headunit, instead of having to pull it out, and put the working original in, a set of $16 speakers in the front doors (a hell of a difference from the $450 splits plus extra tweeters), and the 6x9's in the back, and the funny thing is, they think I am at a loss losing the gear, fuckin suckers, none of it works anyways cause the amps are gone, nothing ran direct of the headunit. Cool Laughing Laughing
The annoying thing is, the NRMA assessor hasn't been in yet to officially write the car of, so I am still waiting for them to get the ball rolling on the payment while I am sitting around shit-faced cause I don't have a car. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
I NEED TO CRUISE WITH YOU GUYS SOME TIME !!!!!

Oh well, shit happens. I'll talk with you guys soon I hope, hey Ben, you should be making a neusense of yourself on the road by now shouldn't you. Have to meet at maccas some time and show me your pride and joy. Razz Razz

Actually. You know what really shits me, its those buggers that nag you about your car and 'all the money and time you put into it' and usually its the freaking females. Well they can all go fuck themselves, I am sure they spend twice as much on clothes and twice as long on caking their face with make-up.
(if there are any chicks reading this, then I am not refering to you, I am generalising like the cops do about young male drivers)
SO......am I right,
we enjoy our cars, and the time and effort we put into them. They are a personal expression of who we are as individuals, and it does hurt when ppl knock then and 'dis them.

thats my 2 cents, feel free to send yours back guys, maybe start a thread, to bitch about things. I like that idea.

signing out, for now anyway, and thanks again guys.
Talk to ya'll soon.
Chris
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris, did you get photos of the camry at it's resting state???
Please tell me you did...

I did the same with my last car... Took out the steering wheel, deck, subs, all speakers and all the wiring...

All they asked for was speakers so I bought a set of $20 shittas from Auto One..

My Corolla will hopefully be going tomorrow... I have to go and get a new battery, injector insulator rubbers and work out what oil it takes in the transaxle... Also, I have to figure out why the bloody blinkers don't work!!! They work through the alarm but not from the combination switch or the hazards... I dunno...

I wen't to crank it this afternoon and the timing belt didn't even move!!! The volts gauge went from 9V in the "ON" position to 1.5V when I tried to crank it... DAMMIT!!!

No worries Chris... What Maccas are you talking about though???

That's like all the people that say to me "why" because I rebuilt the stock motor... The answer is insurance reasons and so I explain that to them... Then they come back with "Why bother with insurance... Just get third Party"... Stuff that... I don't wanna get my baby running again to have some asshole steal it and never see it again... Insurance might not bring the car back, but it will give me the money to do it all again...

I've never had any problems with chics... I just tell 'em I'm working on the car and that's that... But I do have one cool neighbour... She is (As Gary would say, 'big tits') a pretty cool chic that is interested in learning about cars... So I tell her when I'm doing shit and she comes up to watch... The only downside is that it takes longer to do things... Like the 20 minute conversation discussing the difference between steelies, alloys and mags... That was a funny afternoon...

I spose it's probably the older chics that complain about it more and I spose I'll learn that a little later on...

Chris,
Have you got any plans for your next car at all??? And ideas of what you wanna get now???

Did you get out all the neons and the custom boot??? They were pretty cool and it would be a shame if you left 'em there...
ChRiStOf
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ben.
I was thinking Thornleigh Maccas, if your in the area, but I'll
have to keep in touch with you, cause at the moment, I am having
trouble getting hold of cars, both mum and dads cars are $2000
excess if I smash 'em.
I asked my mum if I could go down the road for a minute the
other day, she said no at first and I said 'what'. Then she said
something along the lines of 'your supposed to be suffering',
WTF does that mean.....I guess they did pay for my car, but it
shits me, that they say, 'aw, if you didn't do all that stuff to
your car you wouldn't have this worry...blah blah friggin
blah.....' Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

I pulled all the boxes out of the boot, but they were custom,
hence, they wouldn't fit right in any other car, but I did all
that work myself, and learnt, so I can do it bigger and better
in the next car.

My car isn't really that bad, its just all the suspension
damage, but because you asked, I am going in tomorrow morning to
take photos, hell, i'd like to have them as well. About the
neons, they are all out, the ones inside the car, and in the
boot. They will help me feel more at home in the next car.

I keep talking about the next car.....sadly, I don't think it
will be a toyota......I am looking at a nice, neat little 1985
318i beamer to unleash all havoc on.
Although, there was an '85 soarer in the paper, t/turbo,
mandrel 'zorst' and blitz blow off....with computer for $3700.
Insurance will kill me though, if the car doesn't beforehand.

Anyways pal, keep in touch, if you know of any cars for sale,
neat little starting blocks, but not a festiva, LOL, yeah, let
me know, also, if you know of anywhere I can source cheap mags
and bodykits for the beamer at all, or anyone else for that
matter, please, let me know.

I am looking at spending around $4700-$5300

Talk to you soon,
Chris
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben, with your blinkers not working its a broken weld or somthing. i took it to local auto elec when mine went after working on my car and he said he just had to re solder the particular connection.

not very technical on it, he didnt tell me much but he found it in 5 mins or so.

gave him 5 bux for his time.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thornleigh Maccas is okay for me...

Tell your mum that you're taking the car!!! Just say "It's for a good cause"... And there re-assure her that you will only do massive burnouts Razz Razz Razz ...

Cool... Nice work... Post the pics up if you can or send them to Rolla_Boy@cybermotorsports.zzn.com ...

Go for the Soarer... That is, if you know how to handle that power... I'm sure you could get used to it after a while though...

Yeah dude, for sure I'll keep in touch... My number is 0405 223 484... Call me sometime...

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Fri, 08 November 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool... Thanks for that tip Andrew...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 10 November 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I washed the car today and did a bit more work to it... And FINALLY, the car got dropped onto the ground!!! It's been on stands for 5 months... Today was truely a moment to be remembered Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

So yeah, here are the pics...

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-PTSb.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-4Fo4.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-F21N.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-vZOu.jpg

http://totalrpm.com/carimages/Rolla%20Boy-UefJ.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:41]

St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 10 November 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here ya go benny boy.....

nice pics there man!!

good to hear that all that work has finally paid off,and its back on the road

btw: nice boxers on the line there!! aaha Razz Laughing
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 10 November 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to see your rolla comming back on the road man!
all this time and effort will surely pay off. you've done it right the first time. good stuff
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 10 November 2002 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope that the car is gunna be good and last at least 200,000kms... Otherwise I'll surely be pissed off!!!

Those boxers aren't mine... They are my bro's... I slept in till 1:00pm so mine didn't get washed today...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 10 November 2002 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

opps wrong thread.. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 02:14]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 12 November 2002 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben... the car's going to last about 2 years.. and you know it!! after that time im sure you will be onto bigger and better things (celicas!)

for now mate, get your car going, figure out what your damn flasher unit is Razz and get corolling along!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 12 November 2002 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be updating soon with some new pics as soon as the car is running...

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2003 07:22]

SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 12 November 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one here Ben
$200 Reconditioned

I didn't use the gearbox i brought..
when i took the car to the clutch place.
they checked both of them out. said mines still fine
its just the clutch was totaly rooted.

whoever had the motor before.. screwed it up big time.
they Had the Harder pressure Plate, Heavy Duty Clutch. BUT.. They had incorrect size Release bearing. it was off by 6-10mm!

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 11:28]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 12 November 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll check out the gearbox and then let you know asap...

Thanks a lot man... This is muchly appreciated...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Wed, 27 November 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car seems to be running well... Except for the hole in the exhaust where I seem to losing a lot of back pressure which makes me lose to bloody Celica's... You're mine Joel when I get the new exhaust!!!

A moron truck driver decided to hit my car last Tuesday... So now I'm off to my mates smash repairs to get quotes... Fix bonnet, replace guard, blinker and parker, new bumper and spoiler and a new metal strip that runs between the headlights and the bumper...

Thing's to do now include:
- Fix Driveshaft,
- Wheel Alighment,
- Brake Fluid Flush,
- Replace Dodgy Bolts And Split Pins To Hold Driveshafts (then the front wheel caps can go back on)
- Stereo Install (still waiting on Karl to do the false floor and parcel shelf)
- Paint Job, Rust Removed, All Dents Removed

More pics to come... As soon as the Sydney Rolla Club website gets up and running, I'll post more pics of updates and the truck damage...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Thu, 26 December 2002 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thanks to last night, the hole in my exhaust is now a lot bigger... I was turning into a mates driveway and got stuck on the angle of the driveway... So I put it in reverse and dumped it and bent the mount about 10cms towards the front of the car... So now the exhaust is about twice as loud as before...

Well here is the truck damage:
New Headlight,
New Front Bar,
New Spoiler,
New Metal Strip under the headlights
New Park Light,
New Blinker,
Fix Guard,
Fix Bonnet
and spray them all...

$2500 damage from two truck wheelnuts!!!

The car should be going in to be fixed early Feb...

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:49]

bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sat, 28 December 2002 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what springs (suspension mods) have u done? pm me.

also with the seats are they autotechinica? and if they were howeasy was fitment?

james
LOKOSX
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon5.gif  Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 06 January 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wat happend to ur car man?

jus wonderin wat kind of exhaust would be best in performance to get for my rolla sx ae92. jus need to know wat size n all coz im not too sure. any good places to go to in sydney?
thanx
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Wed, 08 January 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment Ben is on Hols up here in Coffs.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 12 January 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOKOSX wrote on Mon, 06 January 2003 19:29

hey wat happend to ur car man?

jus wonderin wat kind of exhaust would be best in performance to get for my rolla sx ae92. jus need to know wat size n all coz im not too sure. any good places to go to in sydney?
thanx

What do you mean by "What happened to my car"???

I'm getting a new wxhaust soon... I'm just going for a 2" Mandrel Bent zorst from the extractors, new cat, hot dog, rear muffler and a 5" dump tip (Crazy I know)...

I'm going to Hi Tech Mufflers... They might be a little more expensive but they offer a 10 year warranty...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 18 March 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been ages since I updated here and I thought it was time...

Well since last time, I got rear ended, got the front and the rear damage fixed (dodgily and so it has to go back), fixed the exhaust (temporarily) and done lots of cruising...

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:55]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 18 May 2003 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally managed to get the car back to the smash repairs and they have aggreed to replace parts that are stuffed and repair things that the did wrong...

So the car will be going back soon for another week and hopefully never have to go back there again...

Nothing new has really happened with the car at the moment but still waiting to boost funds to get the car fixed up and looking nice...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 15 June 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is back at the smash repairs now and should be ready on Wed Cool Cool Cool ...

And I'm soooooo happy to see the dent that was in the front guard GONE Shocked Shocked Shocked ... I went to the smash repairs and the guard was smooth and straight and primered up, even without me asking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

A new front bar is going to be put on the car and all the problems rectified (fingers crossed anywayz)...

__________________________________________________ _______________

After I get the car back,

1. The car will be going to my mates shop to have the rust and dents removed and to be sprayed Candy Apple Red with a Gold Pearl...
  2. The car will be getting 5% window tints all round...
  3. The interior will be having a few things done to it, just small changes in colour...
  4. A new 2" Mandrel Bent Zorst will be getting put in place...

And that's just for the near future... I never thought this car was gunna cost so much but I spose thats what happens when modifications occur...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 15 June 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will have some new pics of the car soon with the dents fixed and new bars...

I just have to get it back from the smash repairs and clean it up... And might borrow some fully sik chrome rims for the photos...

[Updated on: Sun, 15 June 2003 10:17]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Tue, 17 June 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Details have been updated...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 23 June 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the car back from the smash repairs with only one minor detail, the beaver panel is cracked - looks like they decided to bog it up dodgy bastards...

The car will be getting fixed up by my mate soon so I'll get him to look at that aswell...

Photos will be coming soon...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Sun, 29 June 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put up a few pics here: http://groups.msn.com/Rollaboyz...

More to come when I take them...
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Rolla you got there, red all the way! Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude... Would you call it sexy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ???
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're just jelous Nova Boy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a big fat phoney! Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phoney???

Whaddya mean by that???

I'm the one with a Rolla and you're the one with the Nova...

???
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: Ben's AE93 Corolla SX Mon, 30 June 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Of course mate. We both have SEXY SX's Very Happy
I think the red does it for me........ Very Happy Very Happy
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SIMDOG's MX83
Next Topic:Geoffs MA71 Supra (now with pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:57:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097939968109131 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.