Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 10:40 Go to next message
Hi guys, when doing the 20v RWD conversion to sprinter, it looks like we need some custom outlet pipes for the rear of the engine to carry the water to the radiator.

what do you guys do on the waterlines? Or do you guys buy a water relocation kit?
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's an article floating around of putting one into a KE20.. that should help a bit.
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont use lines running from the back, its super ugly.

theres an article in the tech docs on how to do it properly.

also a good friend of mine sells parts (that i use on my car)to properly convert the 20v to rwd.

these include. a billet machined piece that re directs the water back through the head, where the standard thermo stat would be. this also has provisions for heater hose and water temp sensors.

a cover plate for the stock inlet.

and on an exchange basis, a cut and shut new inlet (it usually points backwards towards the rear of the motor).

all this leaves you to sort out is a thermostat, you can either use a remote one attached by a hose to the rear of the water pump housing, or use the jdm (ae86) water pump housing and alternator brakcet.

he also sells a billet machined cover for the dizzy, if youre going to switch to dli.

and a converter box if you want to use dli with stock management.

pm me if youre interested in any of these parts.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i had read that but another article said the water must flow from the head then the bottom so the article which says how to do it properlly will not work
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it works on my car and alot of others here and in japan. the head casting of a 20v is not so disimilar to 16v. i spoke with Ant (the dude who produces the parts) about it, he explained it to me, but anyway, i was happy to put faith in the fact he had worked it out, and it works.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Thu, 09 June 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if done the right way an external thermostat nor cross-over pipes arnt needed however it involves a few tricky custom parts. But the simpler way is available cheaply then it all comes down to looks potentially.
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Fri, 10 June 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use a 4a-c waterpump/thermostat. Just have to block the bit that goes up to the carby heater things or whatever they do.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Fri, 10 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats for the heater I beleive, its all in my worklog
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: 20v RWD conversion waterlines Fri, 10 June 2005 12:49 Go to previous message
yeah dont run the lines from the back,there ugly as.i used the 4ac water pump and thermo housing,just had custom inlet and outlet made.quiet an easy conversion.i have bo faith in that piggy back for the computer anymore,decided to go microtech cos the damm thing wouldnt work properly.have a look at sams link or mine for pics Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3S-GE info...?
Next Topic:chassis strengthening
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 24 18:31:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049929618835449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.