Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Wed, 08 June 2005 12:31 Go to next message
As it says, has anyone got a copy of the very first issue of fast Fours and Rotaries...or know where i could see one.

There was a car featured in it....i think...it was a long time ago. It had an AE82 SECA that was white and i am trying to get a picture of the wheels that were on it again from memory they were Centra type 8s,they are a German wheel, usually seen on BMWs etc. They came in a 4 x 100 PCD i am trying to firstly get a picture of them and then try to hunt some down.

Paul Brell did the work on this car, it may have even been before BD4s started.

Any hint or suggestions ?

I have tried Ebay and there were plenty of centra wheels but not the type i was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 09 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what year was that?

i have bit of a collection of ff&r and hot 4's mags that i started buying in 95 when i bought the feral (stopped buying the beloved V8 mags Razz ).
i have lost a lot though from moving and moisture problems.. Crying or Very Sad

maybe after the w/end i might be able to pull a few boxes out and have a looksee.
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 09 June 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 18:19

i have lost a lot though from moisture problems.. Crying or Very Sad

the cars are that good eh? Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 09 June 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
nah, a fully enclosed 6x4 trailer that leaks when it rains. Mad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 09 June 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 22:21

Laughing Laughing
nah, a fully enclosed 6x4 trailer that leaks when it rains. Mad

so...

its not really "fully hektikly enclosed"?

Razz

Eldar.O.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 09 June 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral,

This was the FIRST magazine No 1

It was in 1988

Thanks for the help Very Happy

And as for the moisture problems....well thats all very funny but does not help the cause Rolling Eyes

SOMEONE MUST HAVE ONE
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried contacting hot4's? i know they do back issues but not sure if theyll go that far back for you.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:43

have you tried contacting hot4's? i know they do back issues but not sure if theyll go that far back for you.

No but i will try today

But for the record its

FAST FOURS AND ROTARIES (AS IT WAS KNOWN THEN )

NOT

HOT 4S

Thanks
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:45]
BOCKA wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:43

But for the record its

FAST FOURS AND ROTARIES (AS IT WAS KNOWN THEN )

Urm, are you saying its now a different name ? Or am i spending my newsagent reading time looking through some o/s <name deleted for fear of retardbution> magazine .
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dad has it I'll have a look for you now.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just checked it out. The photos aren't very good for showing the wheels there's only two shot's and they are 3 quarter rear and 3 quarter front.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/mr2ben/ffrissue1003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/mr2ben/ffrissue1004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/mr2ben/ffrissue1005.jpg
If you wanna hunt down some old wheels for your car check these suckers out. I suggest the top left set for that F40 look...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/mr2ben/ffrissue1002.jpg

If you want larger views of these shots I can email them to you.
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=2241&item=6956903121

It can be all yours
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 10 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hot 4's is a different publication to FF&R. though they probably get edited/printed in the same place?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Sat, 11 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin,

You are a FREAKING LEGEND !!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for the pics, man this car brings back some memories, it was pretty much out there way back in 1988.

These wheels were originally diamond machine cut, really nice finish but the guy wanted them white so got them painted.

As you can see from the pics they really filled out the gaurds nicely and you dont see anything remotely like them any more.

The offset would be perfect for the AW11.

now all i have do do is find a set !!!!!!!

Thanks i really appreciate your help,

Scott
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Sat, 11 June 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God that seca is.... FOWL Confused
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Sat, 11 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 11:45

are you kidding it looks alot tuffer than most secas today the only part i would have done different is to keep the lights stock
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Sat, 11 June 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 13:04

Arch wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 11:45

are you kidding it looks alot tuffer than most secas today the only part i would have done different is to keep the lights stock

Humm, yes i would have kept the front lights untinted but the back end i'm unsure of, like, it looks good but......
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Mon, 13 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what you guys are saying it does look a little odd, but rember this in in 1988 !!!!

also the only extra bit of bodywork was a small front lip spoiler, the rest of it is as it came from Toyota with a bit of paint on it. these black lenses were all the rage then just like the clear lenses were about a year or so ago.

I still think it looks as good as anyother Seca i have seen other wise post some pics of some better ones !

anyway we are talking about the wheels not the car so anone have any ideas where to get some from ?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Mon, 13 June 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 13:45

I know what you guys are saying it does look a little odd, but rember this in in 1988 !!!!
<snipe> these black lenses were all the rage then just like the clear lenses were about a year or so ago.

Even back then i didn't go for the tinted lights all that much, same with the clear tail lights. I know that for a fact cause i was a v8 bogan back then with eyes only for a supercharged 460 big block in a black falcon xb coupe Razz Then i stopped dragging the knuckles cause i wanted a datsun 1600....
But anywhat, i think the car is also in a Hot4's mag that i've got floating around home here somewhere. I'll see if i can find it.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Thu, 16 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 17:55

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 13:45

<snipe> these black lenses were all the rage then just like the clear lenses were about a year or so ago.

Even back then i didn't go for the tinted lights all that much, same with the clear tail lights. I know that for a fact cause i was a v8 bogan back then with eyes only for a supercharged 460 big block in a black falcon xb coupe Razz Then i stopped dragging the knuckles cause i wanted a datsun 1600....
But anywhat, i think the car is also in a Hot4's mag that i've got floating around home here somewhere. I'll see if i can find it.

have you found it yet ?

Would be interested to read the article.

Also anyone got any leads on these wheels ?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 17 June 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was an article on BD'4 them selves so i've been looking thought the contents pages of the hot 4's mag that i've got and the same with fast 4's but it came to nothing. I'm starting to think that it might have been just a two page ad.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone out there with a copy of the FIRST FF & R ? Fri, 17 June 2005 04:58 Go to previous message
towe_001 wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 10:28

I thought it was an article on BD'4 them selves so i've been looking thought the contents pages of the hot 4's mag that i've got and the same with fast 4's but it came to nothing. I'm starting to think that it might have been just a two page ad.

i think this was prior the beginning of BD4s.

I got some work done on my AE82 back in 88 from Paul and it was all based from his house in the back of North Sydney
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica shop
Next Topic:RCA & NCRCA (can u visually differentiate)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:58:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057361125946045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.