Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 01:32 Go to next message
Has anyone read today's Drive section in the SMH? They had an article in there about this new GTR that Nismo are doing up.

They are using the existing shell and making up 20 Nissan Skyline GTR Zpac cars. Friggen awesome if you ask me. They look nice, got these massive Brembo brakes on them and put out 336kw. Also about 520 or so Nm of torque. Official figures are 1/4 mile in 10.06 seconds. All this out of a 2.8 litre engine. They were working towards the 450kw mark, but emission standards meant that they had to stop. Selling for around $220k

Now why the HECK doesnt friggen TRD do something like that with the Supra????!!! For goodness sake, it's becoming a grandma company.
  Send a private message to this user    
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ask yourself this.. does Toyota need to? Smile
Why do you wanna go and make new bananas if all your customers are buying apples and oranges?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit of info on it in a thread on PF

Clickety Click
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the one. Smile

But they might be buying apples and oranges, but really feel like a Banana. I mean you look at how many Supra's, Celicas, and MR2's are out there and you can see that there is a market for sports cars made by Toyota. The Supra used to be right up there with the Skyline as far as sales and performance goes, it's only since they haven't been bothered to keep it up to spec that people have started going for other things. The Supra still has that auroa about it.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the old "why wont they bring these over" gripe.

its been discussed at length before. it all boils down to the cars being way too expensive to find any buyers in our small market.

the MA70 was what? 60k back in 1986?

the reason they are popular now is cause u can get them for 10k and JZA80's for $20k

which brings me to something curious, i wonder if the car manufacturers have conducted an impact study on running a dealer import section where the dealer actually imports specialty models and sells them and their parts at the dealership..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralliart anyone, they imported the Evo VI but selling at 80K each they were once again pretty exy but they sold.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the end of the day, its still a Skyline with $150k of bolt ons.

Dunno about you guys, but even if had $220k to throw around I wouldn't be buying this.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80k isnt 220k lol Razz
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, but the evo has rally history, that's proven. What's the supra won that anyone in australia knows about?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
traffic light GP? Razz
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, and the EVO is mitsu... nuff said lol Razz

i get ur point but still 80k for a car is not alot of money in todays world, when you look at how many bmw, mercs, jags etc r on the road an 80k car doesnt seem that expensive. 150k plus, now where talking
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:25

80k isnt 220k lol Razz

Read the first post thug Rolling Eyes
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont see ur point? maybe i am stupid?????
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 12:29

yes, and the EVO is mitsu... nuff said lol Razz

i get ur point but still 80k for a car is not alot of money in todays world, when you look at how many bmw, mercs, jags etc r on the road an 80k car doesnt seem that expensive. 150k plus, now where talking

its a lot of fucken money to pay for a lancer if you ask me, especially sinec mitsubishi started importing them for the Evo 8's they are only 63K.
Heres a novel idea though, are the mods really worth 150K though, i mean anyone can go buy a GTR for say 80K and they spend maybe another 50K on it max that'd be a shit fast car. And i reckon they'd wipe the nissan spec ones. I also seriously doubt a skyline with 336 kw would pull a 10 second quarter unless thats at the wheels
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 09:32

They are using the existing shell and making up 20 Nissan Skyline GTR Zpac cars. Friggen awesome if you ask me. They look nice, got these massive Brembo brakes on them and put out 336kw. Also about 520 or so Nm of torque. Official figures are 1/4 mile in 10.06 seconds. All this out of a 2.8 litre engine. They were working towards the 450kw mark, but emission standards meant that they had to stop. Selling for around $220k

And if you still don't get it, yes, you are stupid. Razz
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i know 220k, thats why i was making my point which is how can you compare the sales ok an 80k Evo to what the sales COULD be like of a 150k plus supra/skyline etc....

FORGET IT, i know what i was trying to say Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, You weren't referring to my post.
I just realised that.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wasn't comparing anything just giving an example, of where a brand ie ralliart officially sold evo 6 thru dealerships via a low import method. Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, the market here wouldnt be that big. However, Toyota is based in Japan. The market there would be massive for a powerful RWD car that would be great for drifting. So why aren't they looking at that market? After all the skyline wasnt built for the Aussie market, but for the Jap one, and it's mainly over here because of imports. Same with the decent MKIII.

And yes, the 7mgte MKIII started about $65000
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the problem is toyota is just doing to well, so management can't be bothered mixing with what is already a very profitable formula. Nissan on the other hand is not making a large amount of dough, so has to do this like this to boost the image of the company and make them more desirable.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 12:51

i think the problem is toyota is just doing to well, so management can't be bothered mixing with what is already a very profitable formula. Nissan on the other hand is not making a large amount of dough, so has to do this like this to boost the image of the company and make them more desirable.

There is probably a lot of truth in that. Hmph. Ah well, I am happy with my car. And if i was to spend $210k on it, it would go a heck of a lot faster than that car and be a heck of a lot nicer. Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:26

Yes, but the evo has rally history, that's proven. What's the supra won that anyone in australia knows about?

is a 3.0 litre twin turbo a.k.a "2JZ NO SHIT!"

it was in fast and furious and it beat a ferrari.

VVRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMM

Eldar.O.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drive Today Fri, 10 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 10:26

What's the supra won that anyone in australia knows about?

JGTC, and I know about it, so does that count? Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Logo Design Competition..final decision time! VOTE HERE
Next Topic:MK3 readers looky here!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:37:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078399181365967 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.