Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bradski
Newcomer

June 2005
1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Wed, 08 June 2005 05:57 Go to next message
hey every1, just wondering if anybody on this forum has attempted this conversion? sr20 into a 74 gt celica?
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Wed, 08 June 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please tell me its not a REAL GT?
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Wed, 08 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give you a 3tgte ta22 & sr20det for you car if its a gt dont ruin a real one
bradski
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Wed, 08 June 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man, origional condition, i resprayed it blue but,
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Wed, 08 June 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
touch it and you may not live to enjoy it Very Happy

there are a fair few people on here (100's) that would
kill for a genuine gt.

just ask river.... every toymods event he carries a stun gun to keep us at bay! Evil or Very Mad

Apparently there are only 4 or 5 genuine gt's in AUS so dont go mucking with it. Sell it to a purist to be restored or keep it clean and original and buy a clapper LT to soup up.

Apart from the value these can attain it's the whole owning a rare piece of history that most enthusiasts ar after.

Good luck

Nathan
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I agree with ^^. Touch it and you will die.

I'll buy the car from you.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to go with the group here... You attempt the engine swap and i'll hunt you down Evil or Very Mad . Keep it original and buy another celica PLEASE!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he placed a pic on the performance forums

the swap has already been attempted
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to put a 2J in an original 2000GT. Has anyone done it before? hehehe

and yes, I know some guy did it.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i cop enough for having a nissan engine in my ra23 as it is! i don't think these guys are joking about hunting you down.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already!!!

herecy!!! Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon fitting a rotary engine might keep these purists happy Wink
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it isn't a confirmed GT, I mean, someone willing to attempt a swap on a real GT probably doesn't know...

We can hope at least anyway...

if it is real, why not sell the GT before you mess it up? You'll probably get enough cash from the old car to buy a new LT and do the conversion.

Tim
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Thu, 09 June 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Holy Mother of freakin God!!!!!!

If you are indeed going to change an original GT Celica then I will no choice but to hunt you down and kill you! Shocked

Do you understand how rare these are in original condition? You got any idea how much you could get for one in good condition?

Sell it to someone who will appreciate the car for it's rarity, and you'll have enough money to buy an LT model, with plenty of cash left voer to put your datto engine in.

Crikey Fuck Bloody Shit Fuck Pissflap Crikey..... I'm now more wound up than a clockwork dildo...

seeyuzz
river
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF! You're a dead man!

Just cause you're on the other side of the country doesn't mean it'll be harder for me to find you.

Preserve or prepare for your ultimate sacrifice, your most prized possession, your life!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a toyota 2000GT, I am going to put a 13B bridgeport in it, lots of neons, NOS seatcovers, 20" chromies, painting it pink, white pleather interior, mirror tint the windows.

I am using it for drift and smash up derbies.

Anyone object Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 16:10

Hi,

Holy Mother of freakin God!!!!!!

If you are indeed going to change an original GT Celica then I will no choice but to hunt you down and kill you! Shocked

Do you understand how rare these are in original condition? You got any idea how much you could get for one in good condition?

Sell it to someone who will appreciate the car for it's rarity, and you'll have enough money to buy an LT model, with plenty of cash left voer to put your datto engine in.

Crikey Fuck Bloody Shit Fuck Pissflap Crikey..... I'm now more wound up than a clockwork dildo...

seeyuzz
river

River, seriously, what the fuck is a pissflap?

Eldar.O.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what the fuck is a pissflap?

pissflaps = beef curtains = hairy harmonica = bearded taco
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep the classic, classic.

I'm hoping someone has just wacked GT badging on an LT and this has confused him.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 13:54

I'm hoping someone has just wacked GT badging on an LT and this has confused him.

Or written it on the side with a big, fat texta..

Tim.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

ke382TG wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 13:37

Quote:

Couldn't of said it better myself. EldarO, you've got to get out a bit more! Smile

Now... back to serious stuff. Is this a genuine GT or a rebadged LT or what? Show us some pics and tell us the model number that is stamped into the firewall of the vehicle.

seeyuzz
river
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 17:16

Now... back to serious stuff. Is this a genuine GT or a rebadged LT or what? Show us some pics and tell us the model number that is stamped into the firewall of the vehicle.

He is probably too scared to reply in here now Wink
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 15:51

river wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 17:16

He is probably too scared to reply in here now Wink

totally,

bullets will do that to ppl
Evil or Very Mad

-Adam
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha I call complete BS on this,I think this and alot of other "newcomer" threads are from the members of a certain cough nissan forum cough that wants to stir shit..

thats just my take on it anyway Wink
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suprapete, please tell me your address so i can hunt you down and cut your throat. Laughing how dare you insult the classic toyota race car of the 60's, the one that kept lap records on tracks for 15 years. you do not fuck with a classic!!!!
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Fri, 10 June 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 13:37

Quote:

lol, anymore names for it? hairy harmonica is my favourite. Laughing
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Sat, 11 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the words of Benny Hill

"Bend over touch your toes,

and I'll show you where the wild goose goes!"
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Sat, 11 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully its not like the guy that had the gt celica n put the 13bt in it with the tubbed rears! dik ended up selling in parts didnt he?
what a waste of a gt.... tisk tisk tisk *punch to the head*
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Sat, 11 June 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its sounds odd that someone would have a GT and no know for sure.

My rebuild started from one of the 6 genuine TA22 GT's that was accident damaged. But its not totally stock anymore and in my opinion I think its fine. Eg 3T GTE instead of the original 2TG, JDM performance wheels and Leather seats are better than the originals...Just my opinion...

I agree that fitting a rotary, tubbing etc is a waste of a GT, but mild changes enhance the car imo.

If you really want a TA22 GT, then import one from Japan. There are plently over there.
In Japan LT's are rare. Most are GT's.

Cya,
Simon
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: 1974 gt celica conversion sr20det Mon, 18 July 2005 18:10 Go to previous message
h3ff44 wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 12:08

hopefully its not like the guy that had the gt celica n put the 13bt in it with the tubbed rears! dik ended up selling in parts didnt he?
what a waste of a gt.... tisk tisk tisk *punch to the head*

hey leave my car alone
shes nice how she is....

poor car every ones hanging s^&t on it

haha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How does it work?
Next Topic:1jz single turbo goodness
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:12:21 UTC 2024