Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Thu, 09 June 2005 14:37 Go to next message
I would like to convert my indicator stalk from the right to the the left hand side and I was thinking that perhaps the US ae-86 or Corolla GTS as they call them would have the stalk on the other side, I doubt it but you never know. ANyway heres a US one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7978458337&category=5 0459

IS this identical to an aus spec? if it is indeed mirrored can anyone see any issue with putting it on an aus spec?

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one question...why? Driving in cars with the indicator stalks on the "wrong" side is a f'ing pain in the ass.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acctually i also prefer the stalk on the left side... i guess it's cause im used to driving euro cars...

i can't invision any problems with it...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shifting and turning? which is probly y it would be on the otherside cos US version is on the other side as u guys probly already know and stuff rite?
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew someone would ask me that, a fair question too. I used to own a modifed BMW and I loved having the indicator on the other side, for me even after all this time it seems more natural. Perhaps it's because I like to keep one hand on the wheel and the other to move for the gear changes and indicating. I might see if theres some way the aussie one can be modified to suit the oppersite side, I highly doubt it but you never know, afterall I have done some crazy stuff that no-else has done before and gotten away with it.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyway I have been thinking the US version might be the same as ours, afterall the euro's dont change theirs when they make it here so why would the japs?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam_Q wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 16:06

anyway I have been thinking the US version might be the same as ours, afterall the euro's dont change theirs when they make it here so why would the japs?

Cos it's Toyota. I'd say it's changed Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to club4ag and ask
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Aus spec Vs US spec indicator stalks on ae-86 Fri, 10 June 2005 15:53 Go to previous message
Heil Hitler~!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3s unknown crankshaft???
Next Topic:3S-GE info...?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 19:13:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059070587158203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.