Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Wed, 01 June 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:46

Mr DOHC wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 18:41

thats still amazing,

not dissin u but theo cant launch for shit, he's running taxi tyres, i'm surprised he can even get under 2 secs, i've seen him shift b4 the 60ft before,

what does rob 60' at

do u have a timed NOS hit or do u just let go of a button or what

how hard is it to get a 1000hp 4wd drive to get of the line.

serious. my gawd.

thats what i'd've thought, but sometimes he can alunch alright, sometimes not, then again, he does have taxi tyres
  Send a private message to this user    
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Wed, 08 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS-75 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:08

Shane-yep, I also have the second type. I found out when hunting them down that the top ones are the 'G-Force' drag radials and are available in the low profile, big rim sizes for the dudes who race the late model stuff with big rims.

The bottom ones are the original trad style-similar to the BFG Comp T/A tread pattern.

Overall though, they both run the same compound and sidewall construction, however the taller sidewalls on the bottom ones are better for wrinkling on launch-and hence better traction. (or so the story goes anyway.....)

June 19th will be the Crown's next outing. It'll be interesting to see how well they hook up on the crown-having a look at the video it seems that your great 60ft comes from the good weight transfer you'r getting from the squat. I might go get some softer sedan springs and take them out with me as a test. Hopefully the 4-link rear I've put into it will help me with some bite. I've set up the geometry so that as the power hits the diff is forced downwards, jamming the tyres into the track.

Finally-what tyre pressure did you find worked best?

Sean.

PS
If you're a HOMO what am I? Nyaaa nyaa nya nyaaa nyaaa.

hi sean

have been in talks with BF GOODRICH. i have had trouble at sport compact meetings with the organises saying that bf's are DOT approved, i looked on the tyres when on the car and they dont have a marking on them saying DOT on the outside, for some reason its on the inside of the tyre so if you have trouble, if you get to run at a sport compact meeting, get them to crawl under your big bitch and read it themselves.

good luck on the 19th too mate.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 10 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whens the photo shoot?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 10 June 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weekend after next.

want to get dressed up in a bowls outfits?

go take the photos out side maitland bowling club

whaddya reckon jonesy?
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 10 June 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wanted to say congrats and the cressie is very very impressive. good to see a unopened 1j with ridgy didge manifold in a super clean street car setting some records! i dont care for the cars with Shocked numbers but look like fu*kin buckets of sh*t inside and out and under the hood. the cressie looks brand new and underbonnet detail is right up there.

well done and i like.

where can we find a writeup on her or do we have to wait for a feature mag?

Cheers.

-Todd.
The Bruster
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 10 June 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yet another awesome car!!!!!

you guys don't mess around!
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 14 June 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys

no write up on it until ZOOM comes out. should be out around september october i would anticipate.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 14 June 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know when it comes out man and I'll hit Grant up for one Razz Razz Razz ...
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Thu, 23 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 18:55

Let me know when it comes out man and I'll hit Grant up for one Razz Razz Razz ...

keep the old eyes peeled for issue 91

rolla boy was behind you in traffic not last weekend but the one before from jesmond round about to wallsend. your a wild man.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Thu, 04 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous message
just bought the current dragster mag and in the drag combat coverage you got a good write up mate.

congratulations
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I'm buying a 1990 GT-4 in brisbane jap import has not been registered in australia yet need help!!!
Next Topic:auto electrician workshops
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:01:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040929317474365 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.