Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Air suspension help Wed, 01 June 2005 07:53 Go to next message
OK, just got my Celsior, its in my driveway, I cant get the air suspension to work, I can get it to make noise but it doesnt move anywhere, the car has an aftermarket controller, http://www.r-spec.com/electronics/ase/ase.html which is that one, anyone know how to work it? I cant find anything about how to work it. I guess it may be similar to other height controllers, help me!

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 08:33]

Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Air suspension height controller Wed, 01 June 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might wanna try the Soarer forum. Plenty of V8 owners have height controllers which should be close to your setup.

http://www.alse.aus.as/
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension height controller Wed, 01 June 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, have emailed a guy from there, hope he replies

btw its this model here http://www.r-spec.com/electronics/ase/ase.html

so if anyone wants to run me through the basics, happy to listen Smile

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Air suspension height controller Thu, 02 June 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know its most likely not the same as yours but here's a link on UZZ32 Active Computer Diagnostics.
http://planetsoarer.com/UZZ32/suspensiondiagnostic s.htm

Its from Plant Soarer
http://planetsoarer.com/

And its orginator
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/
I believe the site isn't updated any more but its still got some interesting info
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Air suspension height controller Thu, 02 June 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl's got one of the older model datasystems units in his crown.

From memory...
His has 3 buttons on the left and 3 on the right.
The left centre one change the mode.
Flick it until it says F in the left side of the display and then use the buttons on the right to change the height of the front suspension.
Press the left centre button again and it should say R.
Then set your rear height.

On Witzls rig sometimes the airbags won't pump up... driving the car a few hundred meters seems to rectify this.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension height controller Thu, 02 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 19:38

Witzl's got one of the older model datasystems units in his crown.

From memory...
His has 3 buttons on the left and 3 on the right.
The left centre one change the mode.
Flick it until it says F in the left side of the display and then use the buttons on the right to change the height of the front suspension.
Press the left centre button again and it should say R.
Then set your rear height.

On Witzls rig sometimes the airbags won't pump up... driving the car a few hundred meters seems to rectify this.

Drive a few hundred meters, hmm, i cant get it outta my driveway cause its too low atm lol.

Also i just discovered this item on the passenger seat floor, it looks kinda like a baby gas cylinder, any idea where thats from?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Air suspension height controller Thu, 02 June 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just one corner that won't go up???
If so try jacking that corner up with the car running... not so far that the tyre comes off the ground though.

Witzl's got a leaky Airbag and if it gets too low it won't pump itself up... jacking the car seems to do the trick.

Re: Gas Cylinder
No idea... is it connected to anything or just floating around?
Could it be naaaaaaaaws? Razz

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension height controller Thu, 02 June 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol @ naws heres a pic of it

http://img207.echo.cx/img207/7776/dsc007468nd.th.jpg
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension height controller Fri, 03 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know wtf that is?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Air suspension height controller Fri, 03 June 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like an aircon receiver / dryer.

If they degassed R12 and chucked in R134 they would have had to change that.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 03 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok had a closer look, i still dont understand a great deal about the air suspension and the controller. When I set the controller to what I think is the correct setting for the highest setting, the compressor works away but none of the four corners of the car gain any height, belo is a pic with some expert mspaint skills to show whats happening.

http://img209.echo.cx/img209/5629/airsus7gx.th.jpg
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 03 June 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you might have a split in the plastic line from the a/c compressor

i had to fix a customers car recently

the battery had too much gases and it started to erode around th ebattery and tray area

this erosion eventually ate thru the plastic hose that did the front suspension

u could hear the compressor working but no movement
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 03 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just clicked that pic, and cant read what i wrote on the pic, so what it says is, when the compressor is running, air comes out of that little hole in the middle of that white circle thingamy. I use the most technical terms i can think of.

Sideshow - Thanks, I will check the lines and see if there is aproblem there.

If anyone knows somewhere in Brisbane I can take this thing to get fixed or better yet, a mobile person that will come and fix it in my driveway, let me know, thanks.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 03 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will u pay my air fares to come up and fix it Smile

i could do with a holiday in qld
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 03 June 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 22:09

will u pay my air fares to come up and fix it Smile

i could do with a holiday in qld

So far I cant find anyone that knows shit about the air suspension up here :/
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Sun, 05 June 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I found someone friendly enough to post me the full manual for nothing, he wouldnt even let me pay for postage, I like nice people Smile.

Hope I can get it workin.

Is it possible that the airbags are stuck or something due to the car sitting idle for so long?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Tue, 07 June 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damned japlish, I cant work out how to set it right :/
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air suspension help Tue, 07 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want this manual you have!!

next trick - are there any of the low/norm/high suspension lights flashing?? If so, reset your TEMS computer by disconnecting battery for 30 seconds or so. Actually, give this a go anyway. If my back right bag gets too low the TEMS computer goes into shutdown and flashes the NORM light and wont pump air at all..... reset the bastard and away she goes.

i have no idea what you have pictured there... in fact i have no idea what the air sus compressor looks like since i havent even SEEN mine!!

Now a suspension shop that can help you is possibly "the shockabsorber reconditioner" in brissy, dude named Mohammed i think.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Tue, 07 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will give that a go tomorrow, thanks. I can email you the manual if you like.
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: Air suspension help Tue, 07 June 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me 2 id like 2 have a look at then diagram 2 , most of the diagrams around reflect on the soarer but many people say they r similer.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 10 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK so this manual I have has the install instructions, if I uninstall the height controller the normal hih/low rocker switch should still work? or is it not that simple?

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Air suspension help Fri, 10 June 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes sort of, but the "high / low" button will not give you the range of adjustment the controller will.
And if your suspension doesn't work with the controller then it probably won't work with just the standard tems unless you set the controller up all wrong.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air suspension help Fri, 10 June 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats my guess, that i dunno wtf I am doing witht he controller. I have decided not to mess with it and let the experts figure it out, sending it to Mohammed at TSR as Witzl recommended.

As a side note, ont he J-Spec website it says this "We can also offer a guarantee to protect you in the rare chance that a genuine mistake is made and you vehicle is not in the condition or specification promised. In this case we will rectify this matter by either finding you another vehicle of the correct spec or repair the vehicle to the promised condition."

Now, I paid an extra $250 to have the car inspected and there was no mention of the air suspension not working, so if it doesnt work, is there grounds for a claim?

I am not holding my breath on that though.
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: Air suspension help Sat, 11 June 2005 14:42 Go to previous message
Im NOT touching or modifying any of my crowns air suspension, ive had my crown 4, 3 and a half years , and havent had a problem with the any of the air bags yet, touch wood
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anybody live in Warrick QLD
Next Topic:G series diff bearings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:54:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070388317108154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.