Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra ** PICS OF NEW MAGS** (56k beware)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 19 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a shrunk pic from one of the guys on SupraMania

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/3702/bbaacchhyysquished4ln.jpg

The IC Pipes are in the process of getting fully welded at the moment !!!
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 19 January 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUhahaha

GOLD!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 19 January 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHHAHA
Thats awesome
STraight to the pool room Very Happy

I dont think it looks too bad like that... Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 19 January 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks like a new release from suzuki

the hatchback mightyboy!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 13 February 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some more progress at last.

The IC pipes are ready to be picked up from being welded, as is the IC. After a test fit and some pics, I'll get the pipes sandblasted and powdercoated, and then mount it and the oil cooler.

The guages are mounted in a panel, but need some tidying up before bing finalised.

The other thing to happen is the purchase of an ex-V8Supercar alloy radiator that will soon adone the front of the car.

It is a dual pass unit that is 780 x 370mm, and dare I say it from a Ford (hack, cough splutter), and all that is required is a bit of fin straightening, weld on a filler neck and then some mount for the car and the EL thermofans, and it should actually be ready to run for a change ....

Stand by for some pics soon
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Tue, 01 March 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little progress has been made over the last couple of weeks. The main change has been the sourcing of the radiator and getting it to fit. From the pics, you can see that even after trimming the battery traym, it is a snug fit !!!

One end tank is being modified (mate will be doing metalwork and welding) and the supports will be via Mazda rubber isolators (as used on RE engined cars) and the upper thermo housing rotated to facilitate the fitting of the rad hose.

After a bit of fin straightening, it should be sweet.

For those techo peoples, the core is 730mm wide x 370mm high x 60mm thick. The core is made up of dual row of 27mm wide dimpled tubes and is PWR core. The rad is configured as a dual pass unit - ideal for 7M fitment.

From drivers side :
http://img223.exs.cx/img223/5571/200502280246rh.th.jpg

From passenger side :
http://img172.exs.cx/img172/7568/200502280254cr.th.jpg

Standby for some IC pics hopefully soon
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Tue, 01 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why upgrade the radiator?

A clean one and a good cooling system provides more than enough capacity.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Tue, 01 March 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine required a recore, the engine driven fan would not line up with the factory shroud (for some reason the engine sits too low) and a 3 core job would have cost just as much.

Plus BLING and that is part of my syndrome. Bigger is better.

Also the Falcon thermos fit noice as well......
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Tue, 01 March 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to me!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally managed to get some meaningful work done to the car. For a variety of reasons, the radiator is not quite finished, but the IC is now in and plumbing 99.5% complete (will attach some pics later tonight when I get home).

The wiring is being tidied up (particularly at the battery area) and some other gremlins have been sorted. Still have to sort out generator light, but I need the engine running first.

Standby to Standby !!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generator light? I have an "everything is ok light", is that the same thing Laughing And where are the pics goddamnit? Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 13:02

Generator light? I have an "everything is ok light", is that the same thing Laughing And where are the pics goddamnit? Smile

The battery symbol one ...

Pics are coming goddammit !!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious, as I don't have the figures off the top of my head. How wide is that core compared to the standard MA61 core? Just thinking, because if you had centralised that custom radiator core (providing it wasn't much/any wider), you would've had enough room to copy my IC piping, or at least one side of it, in 2.5" and have it much more direct.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 11:38

The battery symbol one ...

Haha, my everything is ok light. When that goes off, I know I have issues Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 13:09

Just curious, as I don't have the figures off the top of my head. How wide is that core compared to the standard MA61 core? Just thinking, because if you had centralised that custom radiator core (providing it wasn't much/any wider), you would've had enough room to copy my IC piping, or at least one side of it, in 2.5" and have it much more direct.

The core itself is actually bigger than the whole std MA61 rad unit (figures up in an earlier post), and the end tanks make it another 60mm wider o/all. I had to chop the battery tray by about 30mm to get it to fit.

I used the original hole in the fender that was there before, and the other side is similar to the rabid chimp setup from the states.

With the IC tanks, I couldn't have made it much shorter !! Pics will be up later t'nite
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon6.gif  Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF - I don't remember seeing some of you complete piping pics ? Anyway, it will work, and still am toying with a FFI manifold, but will look at Ed's T/B first once he finally gets his 2JZ going .......

OK, here are some pics ;

1/2 way through some wire tidying - this started life as a Caprice underhood fuse block.

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/3434/200506020638gw.th.jpg

The upper Piping - note 2.5" to T/B - why pay $200 for an alloy one that says HKS ?

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/8414/200506020965ja.th.jpg

The IC nestled in it's new home ;

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/9967/200506020998rj.th.jpg

The routing of the pipes from the compressor to IC ;

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/8045/200506021005wd.th.jpg

The routing of the lower pipes from compressor to IC, and IC to T/B through the original fender hole ;

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/1691/200506021041yf.th.jpg

A pic of the Alloy radiator with the EL Falcon Thermo's (a bargain on eBay - brand new for $180 !!!!!) ;

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/3395/200503221153ui.th.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks the goods mate, should be proud Smile All I meant about the IC piping was using those two triangle shaped bits in the corner of the bay. With 2.5" and the factory radiator, you can barely fit 2.5", but with the radiator moved, there is oodles of room. That said, yours looks tops. Can you take pics from the front so I can see how low it sits?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People have said to sue the small triangle bits, but on my car, 2" piping only just fits and that is without the rad fitted, so NO WAY was 2.5" going to fit.

Thanks for the compliment, it was a bastard to do !!!!

The lower edge of the IC sits about 10mm above the lower edge of the front apron.

I intend to do some ductwork to maximise the efficiency of the core as well.

Cheers

Michael B
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Thu, 02 June 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 06:48

People have said to sue the small triangle bits, but on my car, 2" piping only just fits and that is without the rad fitted, so NO WAY was 2.5" going to fit.

That's weird! Mine had a shitload of room both sides. Then when I put the radiator in, and cost it was offset, I could only fit 2" through the drivers side, although I could easily fit 2.5" on passenger! Razz Ah well.

How big was the IC again? Where in relation to the bumper support brackets does it sit? Where does it sit in relation to the tow hooks? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to work out *how* much higher my bumper is Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 03 June 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 09:09

That's weird! Mine had a shitload of room both sides. Then when I put the radiator in, and cost it was offset, I could only fit 2" through the drivers side, although I could easily fit 2.5" on passenger! Razz Ah well.

How big was the IC again? Where in relation to the bumper support brackets does it sit? Where does it sit in relation to the tow hooks? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to work out *how* much higher my bumper is Razz

Maybe mine is unique !!!

I'll see if i cane get some more pics and email them to you, as it takes far to long to upload them via image shack at home.

PM me your email addy and I'll take some over the weekend and email them Monday

Cheers

MB
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaahhhhh !!!! Shocked Shocked

My new wheels have landed in the country. Just have to wait till my pay goes in, and they will be sent to my place.

many thanks and a big thumbs up to John from ImportBitz !!!

The specs are Rays 3-piece , 17 x 8" with a +10 offset, and heaps of caliper clearance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/506/pict01284rw.jpg

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/1720/pict01294uu.jpg

If I am lucky enough, I'll try widening the rears to 9" if I can find some outer hoops to match !!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 05:45]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummmm dishilicious Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't mind, may I ask how much they were?

I need rims! Smile
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to have 9" on the rear of mine. on a side note were you still wanting one of the rear srut braces?? cos mine is done and my mate is making up 2 more. this is your 3rd set of rims now. has the car been on the road yet with any of them?? by the way dont take that the wrong way. Cool
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what size are the thermofans???
The Bruster
Regular

August 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Fri, 10 June 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow!!!!

Bet that is fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Love the custom hard pipes!!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sat, 11 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joorsh - $750 + freight
RA65 Sleeka - yes, 3rd set, the 16's have been sold, and no, none of them have been on the road yet !!!!
Thermo fan setup is from an EL Falcon

Thanks for the comments guys....
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 20:02

If you don't mind, may I ask how much they were?

I need rims! Smile

I'm selling the Gladiators that I have on the car at the moment if you are interested ?

Look in the Wheels, Tyres & brakes section !!!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah!

dish is teh win!~ Shocked
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a 4-stud boy remember? Sad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:05

I'm a 4-stud boy remember? Sad

That's easily fixed Rolling Eyes

Bargain rims at a bargain proice .......
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell ya what - if you can get me to 5-stud for under $100, you've got a deal Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Wed, 15 June 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 18:44

Tell ya what - if you can get me to 5-stud for under $100, you've got a deal Razz

Easy. Find a local Pick a Part, take heaps of tools. Find a MS123 and remove rear arms, and bash out stub axles there. Find MS65, and remove front hubs.

For a few hours work and about $50, you are done.

So, when are you gonna pay for the mags and what is your shipping address ?

Wink
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even more progress. Some more wiring has been done, and hopefully the rad will be done soon ..... Gauges have been wired in and the mounting plate is seriously underway.

Finally got the new rims on the car and wheeled it outside for some shots.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1570/20050703040sm3bv.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6537/20050703042sm0fi.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3111/20050703046sm6ol.jpg

The rears have the 20mm spacer fitted for effect, and this just strengthend my resolve to get the rears made to 9" wide !!!!

Cheers to John from ImportBitz for the wheels !!!

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even more progress. Some more wiring has been done, and hopefully the rad will be done soon ..... Gauges have been wired in and the mounting plate is seriously underway.

Finally got the new rims on the car and wheeled it outside for some shots.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1570/20050703040sm3bv.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6537/20050703042sm0fi.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3111/20050703046sm6ol.jpg

The rears have the 20mm spacer fitted for effect, and this just strengthend my resolve to get the rears made to 9" wide !!!!

Cheers to John from ImportBitz for the wheels !!!

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gladiators looked hotter Sad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 14:56

Gladiators looked hotter Sad

Really !!! Oh well, Dave C will be glad to hear that.

Personally, I like these a bit better. Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just don't like mesh, and I really don't think it suits anything will an older style shape
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: bbaacchhyy's 7M-GTE powered Mk2 Supra (56k beware) Sun, 03 July 2005 22:44 Go to previous message
i like the shape
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bugger it... ZZT231's MA61
Next Topic:NEW WHEELS FOR MY SECA - ADVANTI'S
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:49:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075039863586426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.