Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Brisbane Cruise!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dave_Harrington
Occasional Poster

September 2002
icon14.gif  Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 06 January 2003 11:57 Go to next message
I see all these celicas in bris, why arent we cruisin!

Old School Celica cruise...

I'll wait and see what sort of response there is before i pick a date and place

come on!!

Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Wed, 08 January 2003 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i would have cruised with you, i was just up there on holidays.
JUZZO
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Tue, 14 January 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its not a celica

<----

But I'd be keen to go for a cruise one day, where abouts on the sunshine coast are you? I'm up at Noosa sometimes.

Cheers
Wilbo
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 20 January 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in with my celica.
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Wed, 22 January 2003 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friends and I have 5 celicas between us, 4 of which are turbos. Count us in for a cruise.
Dave_Harrington
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Wed, 22 January 2003 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome...

Where in bris are u
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 23 January 2003 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of us are on the northside
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 23 January 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Mark,

Do you know if your cousin Steve is back from OS yet
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Wed, 29 January 2003 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man he got back last week. But that car of his still ain't and hopefully soon enough he'll sell it to me!
Celica_fan
Occasional Poster

February 2003

Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 06 February 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill come for a criuse!!! well as soon as i get my celica! cple of mths! but if you guys meet up before or sumthing, i wouldn't mind comming and having a look at your cars! to get a few ideas and hints and tips!!
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 February 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaTurbo what model celica is that 4th gen or 5th gen and i like the skyline type lights. And me not go on cruise, because i need p's. I go for the p's test on the 3rd of march.

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 08 February 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol and here I was thinking that you were an oldie like me 3S-GE_Man!!!

Going for your P's in March eh???

*sigh* Yet another loud car comming down Michigan Dr.!!!!

Oi keep it down at night ya hear!!! Very Happy
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 10 February 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the same as your dude. ST162 1988 model. Just no wing and R33 skyline tail lights. Engine is a 3SGTE which is what you want man if its power you are after. Don't bother modding the 3SGE you just can't get enough from it (ask my brother haha).
There are a few more pics at www.mark.boostcruising.com

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 12:21]

Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 13 February 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live on the south side of brissie, and occasionally spend some time up in Ipswich. If there is going to be a cruise I would love to come with you guys. I wouldn't mind having a look at your cars and having a chat too.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I'm in but I want to wait till my Sprinter is done!

Crying or Very Sad I just wish my guy that is going to do the conversion would get back to me so we can start!!

grrrrrr Its been a few months since I got the half cut and gave the all clear that I was ready financialy!

Oh well, he's a top bloke even if he has been taking his time!!Fingers crossed for a start in the net few weeks!

ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in if a soarer is allowed Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2003 04:21]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sun, 09 February 2003 00:56

Lol and here I was thinking that you were an oldie like me 3S-GE_Man!!!

Going for your P's in March eh???

*sigh* Yet another loud car comming down Michigan Dr.!!!!

Oi keep it down at night ya hear!!! Very Happy

The celica isn't that loud..YET. and i only go down michigan dr at night, i hold 1st or 2nd to 5000rpm taking off from the shit speed bumps. (i slow down heaps for them (i like to look after my car). U might hear me taking off from the speed bump across from the school (the fre flowing ness of the K&N pod. Be getting exhaust system in a bit, so then ya will hear me, lol Very Happy.

i got a throught have the cruise after 3rd of march Rolling Eyes

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2003 09:32]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaTurbo wrote on Mon, 10 February 2003 22:13

Its the same as your dude. ST162 1988 model. Just no wing and R33 skyline tail lights. Engine is a 3SGTE which is what you want man if its power you are after. Don't bother modding the 3SGE you just can't get enough from it (ask my brother haha).
There are a few more pics at www.mark.boostcruising.com

I went to ya site/thingy and man it kicks arse, i got a couple of questions.... With the 3S-GTE convertion what was the deal with insurance, like the ST162 suddenly gaining early a 100hp and the word "turbo". What size wheels u got (because they look nice)(i want 17in only for future brake upgrade, but thinking 16in well be big enough for some very good stopers). And i love the R33 tail lights. did it take much do get them (R33 lights) in their and a aprox cost.

And after hearing all thoes guys with 3S-GTE's i want one but the insurance is my main worry, i'm thinking about a BEAMS 3S-GE with tough internals and very agressive "Wet" nitrous setup. I want to be different, and serprise people on the street, (they hear no turbo spoiling, no waste gate flutter and no BOV sound (that can be fixxed by a plum back one)).

I'll stop raving on, now!

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude forget about insurance for 18 year old with turbo!!

And on a side note..... you get caught with

NAAAAAAAAAAAWWS on the street and your gone!! Think last I heard it was a $10k fine here in QLD, could be just "hearsay" about the 10k fine but it is 100% illegal on the street!! Even if you don't have a bottle connectd up just having the NAAAAAAAWS solenoids attatched they do not look apon too happily!!

Also the BEAMS could be a prob to fit.... they only come in FR if I am correct so you better hope that the older 3S gearboxes can bolt up and also withstand the extra power!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 February 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah only the black top BEAMS comes in FR, there is also a red top that is FF Very Happy

EDIT: The red top also comes in MR (aka mr2)!

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2003 14:21]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 16 February 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sat, 15 February 2003 22:06

Dude forget about insurance for 18 year old with turbo!!

And on a side note..... you get caught with

NAAAAAAAAAAAWWS on the street and your gone!! Think last I heard it was a $10k fine here in QLD, could be just "hearsay" about the 10k fine but it is 100% illegal on the street!! Even if you don't have a bottle connectd up just having the NAAAAAAAWS solenoids attatched they do not look apon too happily!!

Also the BEAMS could be a prob to fit.... they only come in FR if I am correct so you better hope that the older 3S gearboxes can bolt up and also withstand the extra power!

Yeah that what i thorught about the 3S0GTE and insurance so, i'm going the BEAMS road in modding my car, and the black top as wilbo666 in FR it in the Altezza (JDM IS200) and it got 210hp (extra 10hp on the red top BEAMS).

And with the "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSS". It will all consealed (as in to see any of the solenoids or the fogger injectors ya will has to remove the intake runners and or the engine) and they will only see lines and they wont know what the hell they are for. and the nos bottles (small ones) will be hiding. The main problems will be the manual swtiches (araming, etc) adn they seeing they and asking what they for.

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 16 February 2003 10:02]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 16 February 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and with the NAAAAAAAWWWWWS
http://www.nosnitrous.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products /NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html
man no mods to ya intake what so ever, and it would look normal as.

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 16 February 2003 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* I am probably being an engine PRUDE but I don't like NAAAAAAWWS, as I think it causes engines to wear out very quickly... I don't know maybe I am just wrong!

You could always do an F&F and have the front passenger seat bottom flip up and have your bottles and arming gear under there!! So you will want to either race with passengers in the back seat or find a lil petite G/F who can quickly squat down in the passenger footwell.... or slide over onto your lap Very Happy while you arm it all up!

Now the only question that remains is...

"DO YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE A QUARTER MILE AT A TIME??"

lol GOD I hate F&F and NAAAAAAAWS!!
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 16 February 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate F&F too, but i like the cars and girls (i own it on DVD but i hate the bull shit they talk. My favorite is "MoTeC system exhaust" it cracks me up every time. And if a 100shot of nitrous could blow up the intake manifold then it would have been welded together by a monkey under Homer Simpson's control. They must think a 100hp shot is alot, hahha.

Nezza Cool
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 16 February 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're worried about insurance 3S-GE_Man yet you want to run nitrous? If insurance companies find anything that you have not declared then they will deny any claim you make so i wouldn't bother with insurance and just do whatever you want to do with your car. They charge WAY to much anyway. I personally couldn't be bothered with nitrous (maybe one day). My engine has about 370hp and its totally legal. Its a joke to drive these days in fwd format as you could imagine with the wheel spin. I will eventually put the engine into a GT4......TRACTION!!!
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 17 February 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit i forgot about that not decreaing any mods bull shit. What am i to do?????? as u said FF and turbo is no good because no traction. so another reason for BEAMS 3S-GE. So BEAMS and NNAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWSS. Then i need drift car i'm thinking VL commodore. and then later on a 4WD, GT-4 or skyline.

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 17 February 2003 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok now your scareing me NeZZA!!

VL commodore??? Hardly a good drift car man!!

I am going to give you some advice ok.... please do not be offended and I hope you can walk away from reading this and be able to make clear decisions. I am doing this so as to save you TIME, HEADACHES, and most importantly... MONEY!!

Forget about 4WD cars!! Evil evil things!! Very Happy
Only skirts drive 4WD cars, they never want to race on a rolling start!!

Decide what you want from a car...
Do you want to have a relatively easy car to drive close to the limit and that is SOMEWHAT forgiving for little mistakes?? Go the FF route! Throw that BEAMS engine in.. hope you got money... and have PHUN!! Get some good rubber, brakes go nuts on the suspension etc. to make the car handle and be able to make the most of the upped power with a BEAMS engine. I think that if you want to keep the celica.. than this would be the best thing to do! Don't beleive what people say when they go on about FF cars being crap to drive.. sure you can't hang the tail out, except if you pull the handbrake up Very Happy , but don't think for 1 second that a well setup FF car is not REWARDING to drive, because they ARE!! My emphasis on the SOMEWHAT forgiving nature of an FF is that you haven't even got your P's yet so experience is not there ok!? I'm not being a prick dude just tring to keep you out of trouble!! I'm not sure if you will be a maniac P plater but I think for the inexperienced its easier to correct understeer than it is oversteer with a FR car.

So yeah if you want to keep the celica go for the BEAMS, work out your suspension and have fun!

If you want a FR car don't go a VL commonwhore! Yeah yeah nissan engine and shit but comeon..... its still no nimble lil Jap coupe! Not too sure what to recommend in the FR department because most of the cars that come to mind are TURBO, and their atmo siblings are not worth buying... eg. Why get charged huge amounts of money for insurance on a non-turbo S13 just because it is an import.... if you go import you go the whole way!! Ya dig!!
But turbo for you is out of the question due to insurance... which man really isn't a bad thing... I know I will get flamed for this but I think P platers should not be allowed turbo cars! Forget about NOS too cause you will regret it!!

Man get used to driving in traffic, driving at night, driving in the wet, driving on differing textures of bitumen, gravel etc! Once you get good at driving in these areas or at least some confidence and insight into your own ability then go ahead with modifications! The last thing you want to do is to be like all those other young dickheads out there who think they can drive just cause they got a fast car... BULLFUCKINGSHIT!!
Fast car does not = GOOD DRIVER!!

I bet you man that if you for the next 18-24 months concentrate on being a safe driver, pay attention to everything happening on the road.... PAYING ATTENTION.. NOT SEEKING ATTENTION Very Happy and progressively honing you skills, not just pushing your car to the limit straight off the bat, but progressively extend your boundaries that you will be a better driver than those other dicks around, and trust me on this one,... be able to leave people for dead when the REAL DRIVING BEGINS!! You know what I mean too! Anyone can drive fast in a straight line! But can they keep up with you in the twisty stuff??
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Tue, 18 February 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soory to scare u speedcore.

And i thank you for posting that up, and i don't take offence to it.

I don't want to be a dickhead of a driver. As soon as i get my p's i'm going to get that AMMI free advance driver courses thing, and do soem other ones too.

Thanks for your information again.

Nezza Cool
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Tue, 18 February 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man don't get me wrong about the FWD cars i prefer them over RWD. I would have the same trouble with FR with my engine because of the power level. Keep with the FF for sure!

Anyway back to the cruising part of this post. My car should be back on the road tomorrow so it should be run in by the weekend. Maybe this or more likely next weekend we should go for a cruise.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 21 February 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in! but my car is nothing special.

Daniel
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Tue, 04 March 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it still on and when,i just pot my p's know first time, yay for me.

Nezza Cool
Nazza944
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 06 March 2003 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So whens this cruise?
There seams to b alot of interested ppl!!!!

I dont have a celica, but i have an interesting corolla, and i could get 2 celicas to come along on of which is turbo.

So where we headed?
Nebo/Glorious
Sunny coast
Sunny coast hinter land
Gold coast hinter land

Other suggestions???
Dave_Harrington
Occasional Poster

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 06 March 2003 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Good that so many are interested so we need to make a date.

This weekend woulda been good for me but any could work i suppose.

I work 9 - 5, so how about either Friday 14th at around 6pm (night cruise?) or sat 15th in the arvo

Cruise up to the sunshine coast, do the whole showing off around mooloolaba/maroochydore...

How many cars we got comin? just out of interest...

Dave_Harrington
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 06 March 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh im in South bris if anyones wondering
Nazza944
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 March 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i counted 15 or 16 car that have been posted here, so thats a nice turn out.

I have also just throught of another celica boy that would like to come along with a very interesting engine, if the mechanince's let him take is his car yet.

A saturday avro night cruise sounds good, go up Mooloolaba, there is plenty parking up there.

I would think make the date in a cpl weeks so every one can get organised, 15th or 22nd.
Dave_Harrington
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 March 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, any weekends good for me

Anybody that knows the sunny coast will know Alex Hill, pretty good place to park,

Will be a good night fellas

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 March 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunny coast is a bit far for me sorry guys im out.

Daniel
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 March 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sunny cost is a bit far too. might still go if it that far, but probably not. gold coast hinterland is good, I don't have to go far. Very Happy

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Fri, 07 March 2003 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well went to Mt Cootha last weekend for the first time ever!!
The lil Starlet loved it..... went BEZERK on the tight twisty stuff and the enivitable happened!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad

NO I DIDN't CRASH IT.................

MY GIRLFRIEND THREW UP BIG TIME!!!!!!

So who want's to go for a cruise up there in the next few months?
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sun, 09 March 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am, man just give a bit of warning...

Nezza Cool
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 10 March 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey count me in Smile

i drive the loudest 90 camry around and nee dsomething to do on my days off Smile

anything GC to brissy im in but nothing further north

chaos
CelicaTurbo
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 10 March 2003 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah after this weekend would be cool so no one has anything planned.
Nazza944
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Wed, 12 March 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Me and Dave_Harrington have been doing a littel bit of thinking and plaining into this cruise. And have come up with .................

Sunday the 30th of March

Brissy ppl meet at Crazy Clarks Springwood at 10:45am.

Gold coast ppl meet at BWCP 11:45.

To give ppl plenty of time to wake up.

Brissy ppl will leave at 11am to head down to the BWCP to meet with the gold coast ppl.

Arriving there at around 11:45-12.

What do u's suggest we do now???
1.Cruise out to say Hinze Dam an approximate 30min drive, i think? (someone car to shed some light on it)

2.Maybe cruise down south some where, a place to have lunch somewhere someone can recomend?

3.Cruise up Tamborine stoping at a nice burger place that i know of up near the top? Then most likely cruise around to a look out to keep the gf's happy. Razz

4.Open for suggestions?

If any one else has another idea feel free to post it up here, all ideas welcome.

The sunshine coast is a very long way for some ppl so we have decied the goldy will b better.

I would like to get this sorted by then end of the week, so we can start spreading the word to all celica owners!

[Updated on: Wed, 12 March 2003 14:08]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 13 March 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What would the name of that burger place be.... because i might know it( Rolling Eyes ) I up for the cruise, but i work in sunday's but still be cruise, lol. Hopfully by then i have my new pizza delivery job (friend's dad own the pizza shop). and my sunday job as important. So, after all the bablying on, i'm in on da cruise.

Nezza Cool
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Thu, 13 March 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i may not be able to join u Sad
just put the car in for some paint and then she's being sold (its a camry) and most probably wont have a car for a few weeks :/

not to worry i'll keep an eye on the thread if i have a car i'll be there Smile

chaos
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Sat, 15 March 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in. dont mind where we go although tamborine is where i live. (yes i am lazy).

[Updated on: Sat, 15 March 2003 05:27]

Nazza944
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 17 March 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The brissy cruise has now been finalized, please check the new thead (BRISSY/GOLD COAST CRUISE) that has been created! Also pleaze note the changed [U]times[/U.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 17 March 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me stupid but i cant find the thread.
Nazza944
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Brisbane Cruise!!!!! Mon, 17 March 2003 01:38 Go to previous message
Its there munki... Razz

That was because i was writing it befor.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:updates: SOUTH COAST CRUISE 2ND March. Sydney to Kangaroo Valley/Nowra
Next Topic:TOYOTA NATIONALS - EVENTS CHANGES: PLEASE READ
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:35:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008936882019043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.