Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
icon4.gif  Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 08 June 2005 12:30 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I got told today that the Lexus built 1UZ's have six bolt mains, and the Toyota 1UZ's don't, I was just wondering if there was any truth to this? And is there any other differences? cause I thought they were exactly the same... but yeah, any help would be great.
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 08 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ-FE's are mostly the same with many different hang-ons (sump,mounts,pumps,etc.)
They all have 6 bolt mains and are indestructible Cool

I Know there are some differences over the full rang (like vvt) but its more of a year thing than a Toyota Lexus thing

Regards
MATT.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 08 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup.
Blocks, heads are the same.
Things that are different are sumps, engine mounts, inlet manifold, exst manifold, etc.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 08 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every Lexus is built by Toyota in a Toyota factory. Lexus is an export-only brand for "prestige" Toyotas. Whoever told you there was a Lexus version and a Toyota version of the 1UZ is speaking shit, the only difference is the logo on the engine cover.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 08 June 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive heard quite a few people refer to them as Toyota 1UZ vs Lexus 1UZ.
Yes, they are the same, but they did come in different cars in different configurations.

Most of the time when a wrecker says it:
Lexus 1UZ = Soarer 1UZ
Toyota 1UZ = Crown 1UZ

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 14:59]

kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys,
Thats been real helpfull, I can't wait to show that stupid dutch baster who's right. Thanks
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lexus = Luxury EXport to USA

The number of people who dont believe me when i say that is astounding. I had one dude i was talking to once who owned a Soarer - sorry, "Lexus SC400" - and would NOT believe that it was a toyota. I told him to pop the bonnet and starting showing him build plates, id tags, Toyota logos, the "TEP" symbol etc etc...... was quite amusing Smile

As far as the engines go - the only differences are the shit which hangs off them, including some of the electronics.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I've told a lot of people about the Luxory EXport to the USa and they havn't believed me.

I was wondering about this though. Does that mean that ALL right-hand-drive "lexus" cars (LS400/SC400 mainly) are re-badged toyotas? ie. badged by someone in Aus/Jap.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only the LS400 was Lexus in Aust (we are talking 90-97 here).

Anything else is rebadged.
SC400's are ALL rebadged Soarer's.
SC250's don't even exist. Anywhere.

Anything coming from Japan with Lexus on it is rebadged.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool

I've often told someone "nice Celsior".

And have often said to people "nice Soarer" and when they try and explain that its a Lexus I ask if they got it converted to RHD. Very Happy

Has anyone got a difinitive toyota to lexus list? I'm sure there would be one somewhere

eg.
LS400 = Celsior
SC400 = Soarer
SC430 = GOD
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 09:01

LS400 = Celsior
SC400 = Soarer
SC430 = GOD

SC430 = GHEY
LS430 = GOD
ES300 = Windom
RX330 = Harrier? (not released in Aus)
IS200 = ?
IS300 = ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IS200= Altezza RS200 Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 09:24

Isn't the IS200 the 1GFE and the Altezza the Beams 3SGE?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 11:25

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 09:24

Isn't the IS200 the 1GFE and the Altezza the Beams 3SGE?

Correct, same shell, but wildly different options & engines.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 01:28]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WITZL's Crown = Camry (apparently)

no need to say anything about the Century except for

*kicks norbie*
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post retracted

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 01:37]

willjudge
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IS200=nothing
IS300=nothing
RS200=Altezza

Lexus' current business model is moving away from rebadged models with extra goodies to unique platforms, allowingt hem to become a true luxary marque. Is it the new GS that is their first exclusive platform? Something like that.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GS series (GS300, GS400) were rebadged Aristo's, which were based on Crowns.
This is previous models, not sure what they are now.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob's head = poo Laughing

Century = *Karl goes and packs his kickin' boot in the crown*

kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, just got back from school, Telling the guy that told me about the 1UZ and the dumbass still doesn't believe me, We have a 1Uz that we're working on and he still is convinced that the toyota engines have only 4 bolt mains, and the lexus has 6.
We're about to do a full rebuild for Vet auto so, we'll see.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 2UZFE is cast iron, that has 2 bolt mains.
He is probably thinking of that.

The 1UZ has 4 stud, 2 bolt mains.
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't know a 2uz even existed... Shocked Embarassed
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2UZ is 4.7L iron version in LandCruisers.
3UZ is 4.3L alloy version in newer Toyota/Lexus (98 on)
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh okay, thanks for that...
Ohh and just another quick question, whats the point of having a twincam 8 valve engine? Im particulaly thinking of the 3T-GEU in TA65, are they good engines? or would it be worth investing in something a little easier to find parts for and a little easier to work?
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More cams = less power needed to turn the cams (they can use up to 20% of the engines power).
Thats the main advantage to DOHC, and Quad cams.

More cams also helps with head design possibilites = more efficient, or more power.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lexus . toyota
ES300 = Windom (glorified Camry)
IS200 = Altezza (RS200 is just the sports version)
IS300 = nothing (Japan never got this motor in Altezza sedan, Altezza Gita wagon is a different story though)
GS300 = Aristo
GS400 = nothing (Aristo didn't have V8 in Japan)
LS400 = Celsior
LX470 = Landcruiser
RX300, RX330 = Harrier
SC400, SC430 = Soarer

Cars I think Toyota should've built:
IS400 (1UZ-FE)
IS250 (1JZ-GTE)
IS300 (2JZ-GTE)
LS500 (1GZ-FE)
SC500 (1GZ-FE)
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So any sugestions on a cheap way to get power out of a 3T? and me being only an L plater, Still being sort of legal to drive on my p's?
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wagonist says "Cars I think Toyota should've built:
IS400 (1UZ-FE)
IS250 (1JZ-GTE)
IS300 (2JZ-GTE)
LS500 (1GZ-FE)
SC500 (1GZ-FE)

The IS400,IS250, and IS300 would be sweet!!.

Toyota USA has given "Rod Millen", of Pikes Peak fame, the job of getting a 3UZFE into an IS200/IS300 sedan.

Last seen testing for Toyota USA, at an undisclosed location, the vehicle had been well recieved by the honcho's, and only needed minor sorting in the suspension.

So an IS430, could well be on the books, however, probably only for the USA market.

cheers Chuck.

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 09 June 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kebluey wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 21:25

So any sugestions on a cheap way to get power out of a 3T? and me being only an L plater, Still being sort of legal to drive on my p's?

Maybe you should start a new thread...
garethr
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Fri, 10 June 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 21:25

Lexus . toyota
GS400 = nothing (Aristo didn't have V8 in Japan)

There was a JDM Aristo V8 with 4wd Model code UZS143.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 21:31]

garethr
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Fri, 10 June 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kebluey wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 17:49

whats the point of having a twincam 8 valve engine?

To have a crossflow head, inclined valves, and direct control of the valves (no rocker arms).

Twin cam heads go back a long, long way. Manx Nortons (first n/a engine to make 100bhp/litre), Jaguar XKs, any number of Italians.....
kebluey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Sat, 11 June 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh okay, thanks
chris philpott
Regular

November 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Fri, 17 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am looking at buying an IS300, it has an auto V6 I understand. What model are these engine and what sort of performance, power are these putting out.

Its a high milage car and will be looking at putting in a 1JZ or 2JZ eventually.

Any info on original motor will be appreciated.

Cheers Chris
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Fri, 17 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris philpott wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 20:50

I am looking at buying an IS300, it has an auto V6 I understand. What model are these engine and what sort of performance, power are these putting out.

Its a high milage car and will be looking at putting in a 1JZ or 2JZ eventually.

Any info on original motor will be appreciated.

Cheers Chris

Umm no. It's an inline 6 actually. The motor already is a 2JZ in non-turbo (2JZ-GE vs 2JZ-GTE) form which should make it somewhat easier to fit in than other eninges.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 13:27]

Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Sat, 18 June 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChuckLandwehr wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 21:58

Wagonist says "Cars I think Toyota should've built:
IS400 (1UZ-FE)
IS250 (1JZ-GTE)
IS300 (2JZ-GTE)
LS500 (1GZ-FE)
SC500 (1GZ-FE)

The IS400,IS250, and IS300 would be sweet!!.

Look out in the following few months for the IS250 and IS350 then. Shouldn't be long before they are released. Direct injection engines from the new GR range.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Sat, 18 June 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 12:09

Look out in the following few months for the IS250 and IS350 then. Shouldn't be long before they are released. Direct injection engines from the new GR range.

Direct injection petrol?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Sat, 18 June 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 17 August 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There will be a diesel also. They are part of the launch of the Lexus brand in Japan, which started with the new GS. They also spell the death-knell of the Altezza name in Japan, since the Altezza range is no longer in production.
For the record it consisted of:
AS200 (Lexus IS200 to the rest of the world) - 1GFE
AS300 (Lexus IS300 to the rest of the world) - 2JZGE
RS200 (never sold outside of Japan as a Toyota or Lexus) - 3SGE

Altezza was available in 2WD and 4WD configurations, and as a 4 sedan or wagon (Gita). You could also specify a 2JZGTE from the factory in auto configuration at leaast.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 17 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thunderbird2 wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 19:46

You could also specify a 2JZGTE from the factory in auto configuration at leaast.

Um, are you sure about that? First I've heard of it...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 17 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the 2JZ-FSE could come in factory AWD
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Wed, 17 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed it is true. It's a special order, kind of like our family VZ Holden Calais, which we custom ordered from Holden with HSV brakes, suspension and 285kw blueprinted motor. I didn't believe it at first either, until i was shown a section on the JP website. Not there any more though.

A bit OT, but was cruising the JP website a couple of nights ago - has anyone checked out the Mark X? New motors, and some fancy chassis design. A crazy flash website where you drive around a city clicking on hot links. As Keanu would say:
http://www.mudmystic.com/whoa_small.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 22:47]

dojobi
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 18 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the Mark X site is pretty cool. If only Toyota Australia realised that it would be the perfect competitor to the Falcons and Commodores. FR platform, insanely efficient and smooth motors, good looks. It's probably too expensive or something though.

Here's the link btw
http://toyota.jp/sp/x-body/content/xbody.html

Check out the wallpapers on there too.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 18 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dojobi wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 11:09

Yeah the Mark X site is pretty cool. If only Toyota Australia realised that it would be the perfect competitor to the Falcons and Commodores.

no it wouldnt it would be priced out of the market
dojobi
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 18 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 11:35

no it wouldnt it would be priced out of the market

I just checked up the base price of it, and it's 2.457M Yen. The Camry starts at 2.25M Yen. It's actually quite a bit under the base price of the last Avalon sold in Japan (2.91M Yen).
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota 1UZ-FE, Lexus 1UZ-FE, Are they any different Thu, 18 August 2005 09:33 Go to previous message
There is such a thing as an IS250 - check out mine !!!!

Boot badge
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter hatch struts
Next Topic:oil in air intake
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:21:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080571174621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.