Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sheam
Occasional Poster

March 2005
icon7.gif  Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 11:39 Go to next message
I am contemplating a engine change for my 4 dr KE55 rolla, however due to the current Victorian rules restricting P platers from driving cars with a power to weight ratio of more than 125kw per tonne, i need to know a rough tare weight figure. PROBLEM! I still havnt managed to get my hands on a manual!
Originally i was looking at doing up a 12R corona engine i have in the shed, things like ported head, extractors and maybe even a suck through 2.0l supercharger setup however i have been persuaded that "there's no point spending money on and engine like that". I am there for leaning towards a Nissan RB30 from the VL's as there are plenty of parts available in my area.
  Send a private message to this user    
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tare weight should be on the rego papers.
It will be about 890kg.
I don't know about rego laws in Victoria but in NSW the biggest na engine you can put in a 890kg car is a 2.6l.
Check with an engineer to be sure.
sheam
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks. i think i should be able to find a suitable engine. what would you suggest
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on how much you want to spend and what you are restricted to.

You could fit a 5k, 2tg, 4ag, 1g, and the list goes on.

Have a search through the forums and you will find a fair bit of info on converting KE corolla's.

Good luck and keep us posted.
sheam
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone else got any other suggestions on what type of engine i should go for. Or should i spend some money on the 12R.
I will also have the option of using the 4k thats already in it but it isn't in real good condition and maybe the 1500cc would have more edge over the 1200.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Fri, 10 June 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheam wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 23:37

Has anyone else got any other suggestions on what type of engine i should go for. Or should i spend some money on the 12R.
I will also have the option of using the 4k thats already in it but it isn't in real good condition and maybe the 1500cc would have more edge over the 1200.

btw the 4k is a 1300cc and the 3k is the 1200cc. any hu if u want some thing that is goin to be relatively cheap and simple a 2tg would be a good option. or if u want u could work over your 4k. there has been quite a bit of information on this topic recently.

gl with it all,

Cheers,Calvin
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tare weight of KE 55 4 door?( future engine transplant) Sat, 11 June 2005 23:41 Go to previous message
please dont waste your time with the 12r
it would be better to do a 4k if you want to go that way
or just wack a 2tg/4age in it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Slight rattle on cold startup?
Next Topic:Anybody live in Warrick QLD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:56:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00307297706604 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.