Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gabz
Regular

January 2003
Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Mon, 06 January 2003 13:10 Go to next message
Just called the insurance up today 2 insure my TA22 and they want 2 charge me 300 extra for fire and theft cover.r the rest of youse paying this or are you installing an alarm instead with i figured would b best??
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Mon, 06 January 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion alarms are to deter junkies

A pro can get through an alarm easy

however an elaborate Imobiliser setup with a few screaners will do really well

Smile
Gabz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Mon, 06 January 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol yeah by alarm i meant the works with imobiliser and all.

So how much roughly would i need to get more then a junkie deterer and what setup?
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Mon, 06 January 2003 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally havent researched on car security as yet .....cause my car aint anything to steal yet

Smile Smile Smile

But i reckon ill get a very decent immobliser/alarm/central locking deal thingy

u definetely want an elaborate immobilser setup.....and an alarm for the junkies Razz ....and hooked up to the alarm youd want some screamers ....lets say 4 in the cabin should do it....
thats what im going to do anyway

hmmm....thats the setup i will have

-Immoblisers
-Alarm
-Screamers

actually im gonna hook up a pagin alarm thingy
but not one that pages when the car is hit
im gonna hook up motion detectors inside the cabin
as soon as motion is ....detected....ill get paged....thats what im thinking of doing anyway

Mani
Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 06 January 2003 15:41]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Mon, 06 January 2003 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
internal 120db screamer x 2 should be enough to make people ill.
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was told by the car sterio place here that a car alarm doesn't make your insurance cheaper, but that could just have been his experience through 1 insurance company.

the car sterio place has several alarms. i think their high end range is a Viper @ $595 fitted. but they said they have alarms ranging up to $1000 for the top of the range models. but the $595 model was more than enough.

if you could. i'd get both an alarm and theft insurance cover to answer your question. with insurance company's now-a-days being pricks when it comes to "paying up" they might not help u if you don't have an alarm.... kinda. catch 22.

hope this helps
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a word of advice, it's not always a good idea to advertise the make of your alarm with a sticker on the window. That's the first thing a professional auto thief needs to know before going about deactivating it. let your flashing LED send the message. Better of just having generic warning stickers.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ... Mongoose alarm just went into the car over the weekend and I always carry my Supercheap Auto fire extinguisher behind my back seat so guess I've got both ends covered ... no need for the cover then ... Laughing
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These babies have won several 'alarm device' shoot out contests. Brutal, ugly and effective.

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/home.htm

Plus you can always wire up your computer to sit in the glovebox and take your cars ecu with you - that'll put a dampner on things. Especially for people in NSW and ACT where you can't get fire and theft.
Gabz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol.I think im will adopt this approach.Im not goin to pay $300 extra every year and only get a market value of $2000 back,less after excess if my car gets done.So im going alarm/imob plus supacheap Auto fire extinguisher (top idea dodge).

I got quoted $300 for and alarm with up 3 to points imobilation (if i had central locking) from this guy that appartly fits cop cars.He rekons no cars have got taxed in the last 20 years(alota shit talkers out there though).It has black wires and sum special tech siemens chip thing.Sound good enuf 4 me.Better then relying on the insurance,they r criminals.

Lol the screamers sound good but i can b doopy n id probly let it rip on myself Very Happy

Thnx 4 the advice boyz

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2003 14:14]

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Tue, 07 January 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as an auto electritian, get an alarm and insurance cover. you only have to pay for the alarm one and then you have it forever.The alarm will also prevent minor theft like your stereo and other things inside the car. Alarms themselves are just to easy to disarm.
JUZZO
Gabz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the alarm may b easy 2 disarm but wat about the imobilizers?apparently they have some tech no 2 b disarmed.the only way they then can steel your car is unhook your battery and tow it away.doubt theyd take the trouble on my car
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got Fire and theft cover but i'm still going to put an alarm systm in, whats a couple hundred bucks to protects your assits which are worth a few thousand?
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First thing I did when I bought my car was buy the best alarm/immobilizer package I could afford and without a doubt it's the best thing I've done for my car. They intergrated it with the central locking so I now have keyless entry (great on rainy days and when your carrying stuff) So far (at least to my knowledge) my car hasn't even had an attempted break in and it spends ALL of it's time around the streets of Redfern, Newtown, Camperdown and Kings Cross.

Moral of the story, good car security = great investment
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Wed, 08 January 2003 18:40

i got Fire and theft cover but i'm still going to put an alarm systm in, whats a couple hundred bucks to protects your assits which are worth a few thousand?

I am really interested to know who you got fire and theft through in NSW?

Cheers
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I'm guessing your registered out of NSW? or maybe it is just not able to get fire and theft close to the city, I couldnt get it for my celica last time I checked listing either my house(sutherland shire) or g/f's(marrickville)
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suncorp offer Fire and Theft but the total value of the car must be less than $5000. Crying or Very Sad

Otherwise I would have signed up for that.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, junkies are the only type who flog cars from my area, but it's more than prepared for any pro. But I can hardly see the point of a pro wasting his effort with a sub-$10000 car. It's just about peace of mind.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Theft Insurance Cover VS Alarm Wed, 08 January 2003 22:54 Go to previous message
hmm does suncorp do old cars? I guess they would have to with a 5k max...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYROTA ANDRE.. do u have pics
Next Topic:Website Resolution
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:01:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049591064453125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.