Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mozzy
Newcomer

June 2005
icon14.gif  what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Tue, 07 June 2005 17:20 Go to next message
hey guys i wanna do up a ke70 for drift and im on a tight budget so what are some of the easy engine modafacations to get atleast 120kw i want to install a fuel injected engine so id need looms and fuel pumps nd shit so whats the best option. also what suspention is best for it and i heard that sprinter lsd's will bolt straight in is this tru?? thanks mozzy.
  Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Wed, 08 June 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres the drum, go a 4AGE. Use the search function and all your questions will be answered.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Wed, 08 June 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he would be better off with a 4agze if you wanna go drifiting and will make 120kw without breaking a sweat you will have to do a few mods to a 4age to get 120kw and it wont have the torque of the gze. Plus the gze is alot cheaper to make faster later on.

Susspension lowered springs and new shocks aswell as urethane bushes is a good place to start.

the ke70 is carby so you will need to fit an efi pump to the car and there will be some issues with wiring the car but your probably best looking up pimp boy in the search function and see how it was done..

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 04:05]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Wed, 08 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, just go a 1GZ-FE, will definitel;y make for a tial happy car, sik eh bro

ahh, drifting ona budget.. why not just do it now anyway? you won't reach fully sik status with your budget anyway, so why not just go to a wet track Wink
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Wed, 08 June 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure 4AGZE has more power but I think that you can get a RWD 4AGE for a bit cheaper than the GZE. Also, you don't have to do really expensive mods to the 4AGE to make it good to drift. I'm pretty sure that the GZE is a FF motor so you will need to stuff around more to make it FR. Some of the better 'drifto' 4AGE's winning places are stock with just intake and exhaust mods. Nothing too difficult or expensive there. Then $ could be spent on getting a T18 diff and making it LSD. I'd be more concerned with suspension, handling and the diff than getting into more powerful motors.

Lol
Nah bro' jus get the 1ggte, it ken nevah luze.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 05:56]

[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Wed, 08 June 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weld the diff up and wait till it rains...

Haha nahh actually with a locked diff my standard 3K with extractors in a KE38 panelvan would drift quite well in the dry with a set of taxi tyres in 13's Razz But depending how much you wanna spend, second hand standard 13B carby fed with gearbox can be sourced for a few hundread bucks. Shorten the tailshaft, get your mate to weld on the 13B mounts to your standard crossmember and make some up for the box, cut a hole in the trans tunnel for the new shifter location, muck around a little bit with fluid lines and your set to go! Also your before mentioned target power output would be well below the current power output if this combo. Also getting extra horsies out of this after you've become sick of the power would be much cheaper than a piston equivelant like always with rotaries.

André Ribeiro
mozzy
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Sat, 11 June 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys thats a big help i think ill go with the 4agze id prefer to have that little bit more power and also i know some people that can do the electronics. i dont think ill have to much trouble and as far as lsd's i think i shoul be able to find a second hand one around some where and suspension will be fairly easy to do so yeh and ill just get an exhaust and all that normal kinda stuff. thanks again mozzy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Sun, 12 June 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want cheap, and very damned ugly, you can probably kid someone to give you a 302 to shove in there Laughing
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Sun, 12 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your planning to go for a fully modded 4age, scrap that idea and go for an f20c!

9k safely all day!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what is the best engine for a ke70 corolla Sun, 12 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous message
xolent wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 18:14

if your planning to go for a fully modded 4age, scrap that idea and go for an f20c!

9k safely all day!

mozzy wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 18:14

hey guys i wanna do up a ke70 for drift and im on a tight budget

Oh darn.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:USB/MP3 player malfunction
Next Topic:4efte into Paseo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:20:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038979053497314 seconds