Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Personal ultimate drift car setup?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sat, 11 June 2005 19:08 Go to next message
Hypothetically.....
and thinking fairly realistically (upon this hypothetical situation).
Imagine you were running privateer and had some skills that attracted a highprofile sponsor who offered to buy and customise a car of your choice to run...
What platform would you use and how would it be modded?

Might sound stupid but I hope my point of question is brought across... particular curious if Simon Michelmore would choose another hachi or a whole new platform...

[Updated on: Sat, 11 June 2005 19:11]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a ferrari 360 mondena with twin turbo front mounted fuel cell roll cage coil over susspension

not really practicle would look and sound good tho Laughing Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Full drift spec corona Very Happy Very Happy Seriously though probably something really unique and different like AC Shelby Cobra 427 replica http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=946717&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau like that one running a turbo 1UZfe

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 00:31]

CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm jzx100,
Or a nuts 86
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A FWD Corolla. Stock everything but 3" zorst and 20" spinners.

Hektik.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 10:25

Full drift spec corona Very Happy Very Happy Seriously though probably something really unique and different like AC Shelby Cobra 427 replica http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx ?UsedCarID=946717&TabID=3328&Alias=carpoin tau like that one running a turbo 1UZfe

jesus christ now thats a car!!!!
imagine drifting in that thign lol...
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An 86 with what ever engine the Honda S2000 has, kept NA ofcourse, that or an S13 with a 1J.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An ae86 with a s2000 engine and s13IRS rear end and carbon everything Wink

Or a ae86 with a supercharge 20b (you also want response). Very Happy

I have to stop day dreaming.

This might sound funny but no one has tried a volvo.
Or a starion(whet)

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 05:11]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZX81 with all the goodies, 2jz with a T51R or larger turbo on the side of it, 6 speeder box, 2 way etc. Carbon panels, stripped to buggery Wink

sure it will be slightly heavier then an 86 but goddamn it would be a lot of fun, high speed high angle slides would be easy Wink
open
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s13 + ls2
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porsche 944 would be cool.
Or an M3.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sr20det onevia- D2coilovers, t28, trust fmic,
hehe its my project car (my ultimate drift car is real)
future mods:
flared front fenders
carbon bonnet
and then full engine rebuild
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence man, but the question states an ultimate drift car setup and you choose D2 coilovers, these are cheaply made taiwaneese made crap. (disregarding thats what you have now, but given the opportunity to get whatever free of charge, would you honestly pick the D2)

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE55 with a 4k-ze running 2 bar boost! Very Happy hahahha. that would be awesome!
Thanks
Troy
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate drift car would be just a normal Laughing ae86:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/john13187/ae86coupe.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/john13187/4age.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/john13187/bay.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
Dude...holy shit!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shit Shocked
Is that a formula atlantic?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man what a waste of a TRD rod Razz
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 17:53

man what a waste of a TRD rod Razz

yeh i was Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked all night after i saw that rod, cocky barstards! Laughing
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no offence man, but the question states an ultimate drift car setup and you choose D2 coilovers, these are cheaply made taiwaneese made crap. (disregarding thats what you have now, but given the opportunity to get whatever free of charge, would you honestly pick the D2)

is a personal preference
ive had d2 coilovers for abou half a year & i think their awesome.
when i bought tha car it a tein coilovers
i didn't like em they were too stiff
i think d2's are just perfect
i know people will flare me for saying that but its my choice
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some of these suggestions are just stupid
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 18:10

Quote:

is a personal preference
ive had d2 coilovers for abou half a year & i think their awesome.
when i bought tha car it a tein coilovers
i didn't like em they were too stiff
i think d2's are just perfect
i know people will flare me for saying that but its my choice

What spring rates are you using? im thinking of getting some. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 11:31]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_164_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_165_full.jpg
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Sun, 12 June 2005 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86 + Beams 3sge + 6 speed of some sort + lsd and coilovers.

noice.

Eldar.O.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate drift car????

I better just go and look in the driveway so I can remember all the mods it has got....

Seriously though, anything fucked up that suprises everyone, like a big power RWD Prius. Or a stripped, lightened and fully setup '68 Cadillac.

Hen
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey wuznt Tezuka running a jza81?
Oooh carbon fibre coupe boot and a fully regurgitating sick motor!!!!!!!

And what car is in pic puzzle man posted?

With Ferrari's, if you could afford to drift one haha... Wouldnt a 550 or 575 Maranello be betta than a Modena?

If someone could work out the physics still think an is200/rs200 would be hot! Especially if kitted like the one in Gt4!!!

Of if someone could get a st185 or st205 on a diet and in rwd format.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car in puzzleman's pic is a maserati 3200GT or 4200GT, i think it is the 3200 as it has the boomerang style tail lights which i think got changed when they dropped the 3.2L turbo motor and went to the 4.2L ferrari V8 derived from the 360 modena motor.
Um 550 maranello is a lot heavier than the 360 modena and is also fron engined vs mid for the modena, i'd pick the modena it looks nicer imo
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.2L 3SGE blacktop in an ae86 with IRS + carbon everything

im a hachi fan, anything else would be silly.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5year old Toyota Chaser with a 2JZ running sequential ball bearing jobs for that low down pull to get you out of those "shit too much get off it.... quick get back on it GET BACK ON IT!!!" situations!!! Razz Then some nice 17inch dished drift style rims and a whole SHITLOAD of negative camber all round, slammed on its arse... now thats what im talkin! Then after you pack all the gear back in, jam everyone inside turn the tv on and cruise back into town to scrape your belly over the hump in the drivethrough on the trip home! Bit of chassis stiffening and sway bars, front mount, LSD, and possibly a carbon bonnet on the factory toyota white pearl paint and your done.

Either that or a Nissan Cefiro with similar mods just running a stroked RB26DETT.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Personal ultimate drift car setup? Tue, 14 June 2005 09:47 Go to previous message
twincharged or 3sgte powered aw11 could be kinda unique, most likely a handfull.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:the ke70 might be a write off
Next Topic:The Thai's love their Coronas!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:02:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006397008895874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.