Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
2JZGE Computer and Loom Matching Sun, 12 June 2005 02:03 Go to next message
I'm slowly gathering info to install a 2JZGE and factroy mangement system into a Toyota Crown. At this stage I'm gathering info on the various loom and computer configurations that have been available on the 2JZGE motors. As it turns out there are over 24 different looms just for motor found in JZA80 Supras alone! So my question is:

Who has had experience in using a loom from one model and a computer from another, and having it all work on their motor? At this stage my ECU part number is 89661-14600, and if the handwriting on the cover is correct - this is from a 1997 Supra. The only complete loom I've been able to find thus far has a part number of 82121-14791 which tells me it's from a 11/93-8/94 Supra - what are my chances of simply plugging this loom into the ECU and having it not only run the motor, but also the auto box behind it?

Other Questions that need answering:

1: What model automatic transmission did the 11/93-8/94 Supra have, and did it have a slip yoke style output shaft?
2: What model automatic transmission did the 1997 Supra have and did it have a slip yoke style output shaft?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 2JZGE Computer and Loom Matching Sun, 12 June 2005 13:01 Go to previous message
I can start the good news story from here....

Not only did your ECU come from a '97 Supra, but it ran from May 93 to Sept 97, and according to the EPC, it lists for a 'JZA80 4FC TWC'.

Now IIRC, the loom you have is a Nov 93 to Aug 94 and is also for a 'JZA80 4FC TWC'. So, that 'model' loom did have that 'model' ECU plugged into it during its time on the production line.

Free bump up as well.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE70 project
Next Topic:Alot of Cressida Q's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:08:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047359466552734 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.