Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 01:42 Go to next message
hi! can someone please help me out! im trying to install a hks fuel cut defender on my MZ20 soarer (7mgte engine) I know i have to hook it up to ground, 12v and in line with the signal from the afm. But i dont have any idea what wires these are on the ecu.. Apparently it had one hooked up before but i cant find any evidence of it and i cant find a decent diagram of what all the stinkin wires are!! any ideas?
Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to one ground or two grounds??

go to the APEXi website and download the install guide for the S-AFC. Its got wiring diagrams to the ECU on it that will help you do this install (because its very similar)
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PERFECT! Your a champion!! thanks heaps for that, they have the specific wire configuration for the ecu and everything so i should have no worries hookin her up now Wink
Cheers mate!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah, i have a copy on the hd here since i did mine recently, but i dont think u can attach PDF's to the post..
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty darn handy thing to have eh! I couldn’t find a diagram for the pin configuration on the ecu ANYWHERE. It’s a pain in the butt. Have you had anything to do with the hks fcd? Its got 12 settings, like a little dial ou change with a screwdriver to raise the cutoff point. I suppose the way to do it would just be to keep adjusting it up until the engine stops cutting on the boost level I want to run? That way I still have some overboost protection. Any other advice? Oh, btw what sorta boost you get out of your 7mgte? im running about 10 currently (it cuts out a bit, hence the fcd)
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a boost leak somewhere so im not getting more than 6psi at the moment. either its a leak or something to do with the A340E telling me to GFM at about 3500rpm..(i get a prob where if i give it a bit of open throttle it hits about 3500 then backs right down and boost refuses to go any further)

i was going to look at a FCD + PFC F-CON Option a little down the track as a part of my stage 3 upgrade. first stage for me was the suspension which ive nearly completed. second will be the engine rebuild.

dont go above 11psi if your running the stock CT26.. its not designed to handle that kind of boost too well.
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, sounds like you got some work on your hands Crying or Very Sad
Yeah, ill be happy with 10 in mine, i rekno thats plenty as long as the fuel cut is stopped. I think the engine was rebuilt las year and had the head torques redone and a better head gasket. I had heard this was the main limiting factor of the engine.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MantisBoy wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 14:00

Hmm, sounds like you got some work on your hands Crying or Very Sad
Yeah, ill be happy with 10 in mine, i rekno thats plenty as long as the fuel cut is stopped. I think the engine was rebuilt las year and had the head torques redone and a better head gasket. I had heard this was the main limiting factor of the engine.

10 psi? Then a simple bleed valve should do fine. The 7mgte cuts off at 11.4psi (or somewhere in that region). Mine hits around 10-11 on VERY cold nights and I dont get 'fuel' cut...
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: HELP! HKS fcd installation Mon, 13 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous message
Hmmm, well then i dont know whats going on. Something is definately cutting out at around 3000rpm when im under hard acceleration. It only seems to do it sometimes though... What is this bleed valve you talk about? Is there perhaps something else i should be doing/using. Im fairly new to this, so maybe im just not doing something right, but it definately feels like fuel cut to me. It could be that my dodgy old boost guage is stuffed too. Ill hook up the fcd tommorow and see if it makes a difference.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:100kw airbox with ae82 ?
Next Topic:unichip piggy back ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 09:41:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043058395385742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.