Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Snowboarding gear !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 04:33 Go to next message
I am looking for boots and bindings and board

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some decent gear for an amateur ? Not looking to spend tooo much though !

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balmoral Boards...... Bought some Burton Moto's there recently for around $300 I think.

I've got a Burton Custom with Custom bindings (only used half season) lying around that I might be willing to get rid of for the right price Wink .
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the average price for average gear ??

boots ??

binding and board ??

what is "the right price" ?

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prolly $300 for boots, the same for bindings and at least $5-600 for a crap board.

I'll sell you my board/bindings for $600. The board was $1,500 brand new without bindings. Nice board too.... How tall are you?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so much !?!?!?!?!?!?

im 5'10 bro
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 18:26

so much !?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, Les. You asked "what is the right price"? Well, that is it.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually thats not a bad price

what size is the board?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 19:16

what size is the board?

INdeed, considering the bindings are almost brand new.

I can't remember exactly what size it is. It's at my parent's place too so I can't check. 17something.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's alright...i sold my board on ebay recently for $950, bought it for about $1500 Very Happy

Snowboarding is expensive...but damn worth it. Just like spending on your car Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 09:34]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 19:34

that's alright...i sold my board on ebay recently for $950, bought it for about $1500 Very Happy

Snowboarding is expensive...but damn worth it. Just like spending on your car Razz

hehehe dont tell me its another one of those hobbies ... that .. sap .. all .. ur cash ... !!

slut - i will get back to u bro !
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont buy any snow equipment in australia unless it half price, or second hand and dirt cheap. Australia SUCKS for ski/board gear pricing.

If you want cheap gear - go to the USA or Canada
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 07 September 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 19:22

what size is the board?

I can't remember exactly what size it is. It's at my parent's place too so I can't check. 17something.

damn after 160, you must be a tall bastard Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 00:39

dont buy any snow equipment in australia unless it half price, or second hand and dirt cheap. Australia SUCKS for ski/board gear pricing.

If you want cheap gear - go to the USA or Canada

So after paying for the airfare and accomodation it's still going to work out cheaper?

That's just a stupid suggestion Karl Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 08:55

what size is the board?

Dude, to be honest I can't remember what that one is..... I'll double check and get back to you.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true bout aussie sucking for prices ... but true also about flying there to buy gear Smiley =

maybe ebay ... off the states ?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another place in sydney is first tracks in crows nest, see if you can get an ex rental off them. I rented off them this season and they generally use Burton boards and bindings.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there were ads on tv about some board and ski gear sale in liverpool town hall or something along those lines. It was up to 80% off, so i'd suggest going there.

Too bad it wasnt around when i spend $2K on board & gear Twisted Evil
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 13:04

another place in sydney is first tracks in crows nest, see if you can get an ex rental off them. I rented off them this season and they generally use Burton boards and bindings.

They aint cheap either..... Well, except for me (my mate works there) Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sign up to all the mailing lists for all the GOOD snowboard shops (ESP "THe Hut" in Sydney), and they will post out when they have massive sales.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 14:33

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some decent gear for an amateur ? Not looking to spend tooo much though !

Thanks

Thats a bit of a contradiction really, you can't really go to the snow cheaply Razz When you know how let me know. I still manage to spend over $1000 a week when i go hahaha

What i've done in the past is hire good gear ($200 wk), and as The WITZL said buy o/s, thats what i'm plannin on doing next year.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know ... im gonna make my own gear
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 08 September 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 23:01

i know ... im gonna make my own gear

make sure you use plenty of racing tape and silicone!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Sun, 12 September 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone here tried a few different boards?

i was looking at salomon range, tried shade, fortress, definition, then tried a Nitro which was similar to the definition, and a shitty Sims as well...

i'm looking for something like the current Salomon Forecast, but probably in the Ride or Burton range perhaps?

all mountain, natural pipes, black chutes, steep'n'deep but also carving when snow is shit....

what y'all think?

and anyone know of japan prices? (hokkaido)

Cya,S tewart

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 September 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 00:35

i was looking at salomon range, tried shade, fortress, definition, then tried a Nitro which was similar to the definition, and a shitty Sims as well...

i'm looking for something like the current Salomon Forecast, but probably in the Ride or Burton range perhaps?

all mountain, natural pipes, black chutes, steep'n'deep but also carving when snow is shit....

what y'all think?

Cya,S tewart

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=45150&start=0&rid=5429&S=502f307f15d 203389489c0de945156b5
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 September 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i know is skis - and i touch nothing but Volkl now Smiley =
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 15 September 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, but all their snowboards look like skateboards!!! even down to the grip tape! Very Happy

hmmmm, timeless, custom X or forecast.... decisions decisions...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 08:55

what size is the board?

Turns out it is a 160 after all... No excuses. Buy it. NOW!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=45150&start=0&rid=5429&S=502f307f15d 203389489c0de945156b5
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah yes, but i went to the snow last weekend and not going again till next season Rolling Eyes

plus my hire board got flogged...$450 to replace it if it doesnt turn up

grrrr

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 01:05]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 11:04

hah yes, but i went to the snow last weekend and not going again till next season Rolling Eyes

plus my hire board got flogged...$450 to replace it if it doesnt turn up

grrrr

My board would be a good one for you to use next year Very Happy (I'll knock $100 off the price for yah)

Where was it flogged from????
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll think about it, or just hang onto it till next year Rolling Eyes

umm it was outside the pub, problem being alot look the same someone may have mistaken it. Went back to rebel and got a replacement for the next day.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just need the money atm.... Was gonna buy a new board next season anyways.

I always sit where I can see my board (yes, it is possible!), coz there are plenty of light fingers around down there unfortunately.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you need is a bike chain....
chuck it in a backback and you can lock up your board and a mates easily. cheap solution and some peace of mind.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Thu, 16 September 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea know that now Smile

you can lock them up for $4, just never happened and thought it was in a good spot.

always chain it up through the bindings

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Sat, 18 September 2004 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i grabbed a laptop wire cable and a small padlock... no fuckers gonna take it without pulling bindings apart first Wink. flexi wire cable fits on pocket too Smile
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 21 September 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

what y'all think?

Cya,S tewart

i almost bought a forecast,after riding it,i thought it was a nice board but just kinda missing something, it didn't feel "right". i ended up getting a ride timeless and its easily the best board i've ridden. nice and stiff but still flexes nicely, my mate also has a ride fleetwood which is a nice board too, pretty wide though. all in all i recommend ride boards.
burton are nothing special in my opinion.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Tue, 21 September 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPRINTAH! wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 17:45

what y'all think?

Cya,S tewart

i almost bought a forecast,after riding it,i thought it was a nice board but just kinda missing something, it didn't feel "right". i ended up getting a ride timeless and its easily the best board i've ridden. nice and stiff but still flexes nicely, my mate also has a ride fleetwood which is a nice board too, pretty wide though. all in all i recommend ride boards.

Each to their own I guess..... The Burton's I have ridden felt better than any Ride's that I had used.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 22 September 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPRINTAH! wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 17:45

AE86slut wrote

Each to their own I guess..... The Burton's I have ridden felt better than any Ride's that I had used.

thanks fellas,
i felt the same with the fortress.. awesome, but a bit... funny in the tail. enough so i wouldn't buy it.

after a it more speaking to ppl, the general consensus was that both the timeless and the custom X are similar in stiffness to the definition?

i know i'm looking for something not quite as stiff (yes, i'm getting old Wink ) but don't want to sink too far down the range Very Happy

methinks i'll just have to get onto some and see.. or just buy one and forget about choosing Wink

and to jack the thread a bit more.. opinions on bindings?
the salomons are a bit odd, flux/flow.. urrgh..
volkl had the best i've tried so far..
any suggestions?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 22 September 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh c'mon Stew, just buy mine and be done with it. Burton Custom with Custom bindings. I'll do you a special deal - $500 the lot. Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 22 September 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 13:09

Ahh c'mon Stew, just buy mine and be done with it. Burton Custom with Custom bindings. I'll do you a special deal - $500 the lot. Very Happy

LOL, i'm pretty damn tempted.... but i think i'd prefer to wait until i get to japan and then try some out... i'd rather spend a grand or more on something i love, then 500 on something that doesn't suit me as well...
geez, i MUST be getting old Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Wed, 22 September 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 13:15

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 13:09

LOL, i'm pretty damn tempted.... but i think i'd prefer to wait until i get to japan and then try some out... i'd rather spend a grand or more on something i love, then 500 on something that doesn't suit me as well...
geez, i MUST be getting old Razz

Old bastard... Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just doin a bit of searching here. anyone have anymore second hand boards FS. looking for something for a bit of an amatuer (spelling Confused ) and don't want to spend too much.

Cheers guys, Calvin
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a couple of decks, and I was thinking of upgrading my carve deck. If you're interested PM me.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a burton custom 55. it's a bit old, and has some scrapes and a spot where a rock took a 5mmx30mm scrape out of the underside, but I'll let it go for $200 including bindings - still works great, just a little ugly (and best suited to someone 5'6"-5'11")
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so 6'1" no good? sounds good tho. i don't mind ugly and it is cheap Very Happy

Cheers, Calvin
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will still be fine, you'll just have less speed than if you were on a bit of a bigger board. I'm 5'11", and it served me well on the slopes, but the time has come to bite the bullet and get a good board, because I'm a bit past the learner stage Smile
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would this come with bindings and or boots? what length is the board? do you have any pictures? is epping anywhere near Gosford? I don't really have much of an idea of what i am looking for when buying a snowboard but i can talk to some mates at school and see what they think.

Thanks for the help, Calvin Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comes with bindings. my boots are way too good to let go in that deal Smile

epping is south of hornsby (by about 15 minutes), so closer than campbelltown, but not super close Razz

size... um, nfi? web search is your friend Smile
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Snowboarding gear ! Mon, 13 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous message
mmm sounds pretty good. i will have a chat with some people tomorrow and then let you know.

Thanks for the help, Calvin
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NO NO NO****Fast and furious 3*****NO NO NO
Next Topic:What the Hoof?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:01:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008497953414917 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.